July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering? Anyone been to this venue before, and if so is it any good? Got 2 tickets in section 120, but the stadium layout doesnt have the section numbers on it. Found a layout on stadium guide, but I think the one on u2.com maybe the opposite way around!

They had top price tickets in block 118 and the next price down in block 123, so the stage must be at the 118 end. You got block 120? Were you Horizon? I got in right at the start of the Breathe sale and spent 10 minutes refreshing, and could only pull up blocks 118 and 123 - 118's going to be slightly behind the stage, disappointing for the most expensive ticket I've ever bought for anyone.

They had top price tickets in block 118 and the next price down in block 123, so the stage must be at the 118 end. You got block 120? Were you Horizon? I got in right at the start of the Breathe sale and spent 10 minutes refreshing, and could only pull up blocks 118 and 123 - 118's going to be slightly behind the stage, disappointing for the most expensive ticket I've ever bought for anyone.

No I was boots, I never refreshed once, but I was too long in ordering first time as I couldn't decide whether to go for GA tickets or best seated. (Big bloody price difference). The first block it offered was 110. I really wanted to go for GA but I'm going to be drinking like a trooper all day with my girlfriend, and it's the thought of not being able to go for a piss that puts us both off. (Been there, done that before at Popmart Leeds and pissed myself!) It especially puts my girlfriend off not being able to go to the lav.
I hope your right about 118 being the stage end as that means I'm pretty happy with being in block 120. Going to take some small binoculars though, worked a treat at Twickenham, as the place is so big, even the closest seats are a mile away!! Bring it on. :D

I'm sure they will close the roof. Willie williams has said he prefers to close the roof of a stadium if it has one. On Vertigo at Cardiff the roof was closed and it was a really sunny day

it will be closed. It is always closed during concerts (i believe its not even allowed to open it during concerts due to noise etc).
It was closed during vertigo and it got really, really hot. It doensnt do that much to the light though (its a transparant roof).

Oh dear, gotta start doing some cardio in advance of 3 hours of jumping up and down in the cooker...

The first time I was at the Amsterdam arena and they closed the roof it was interesting, because there was some smoking going on and you know ... I inhaled.

:uhoh:

:lol:

I don't think I'll go to Amsterdam. I'm at work tomorrow when tickets go on sale and since Berlin is on July 18 and I don't have so many off days at work, I'll keep focusing on the German dates and a possible second Milan show.

how early is everyone gonna try to get there day of the show?

how does it work with autographs? anyone gonna try at the hotel for autographs/meeting the band? i heard that it's rather hard to get autographs at amsterdam arena?

Can anyone recommend good locations in the ArenA?

I am coming over from the UK (hopefully) and know nothing about the place :wave:

how early is everyone gonna try to get there day of the show?

how does it work with autographs? anyone gonna try at the hotel for autographs/meeting the band? i heard that it's rather hard to get autographs at amsterdam arena?

I'll be there very very early.

The best chance is in the morning at the hotel. Last tour Bono came out and signed patiently, going on pics and such, Adam and Edge came out too I think, and Larry left without a trace(as usual.)

Btw guys, There's now officially a 2nd date.

U2 + SPECIAL GUEST 20-jul-2009 21-jul-2009

From eventim.nl

Yeah, I had seen that, but if you press both links it just takes to you the page that talks about the show on the 20th.

Better to wait to update the stickied thread until it's clear.

That's true, but if it was only one date it wouldn't be on there. It can't go to a new page because that date isn't officially on sale yet. It'll get linked once the tickets go onsale tomorrow.

If a concert only has one date, these two dates would be the same.

That's true, but if it was only one date it wouldn't be on there. It can't go to a new page because that date isn't officially on sale yet. It'll get linked once the tickets go onsale tomorrow.

If a concert only has one date, these two dates would be the same.

Well, now both dates are the same.

I want to avoid the absurd delivery fees Live Nation Netherlands charges for shipments to the US (35 euros)...will directly using Eventim.nl help in that regard, or are they all part of the conspiracy?

Edit: Did a trial run on Eventim, and yes they do still charge the 35 euro fee, unless you get Ticketdirect, which I don't think U2 will do

I want to avoid the absurd delivery fees Live Nation Netherlands charges for shipments to the US (35 euros)...will directly using Eventim.nl help in that regard, or are they all part of the conspiracy?

Edit: Did a trial run on Eventim, and yes they do still charge the 35 euro fee, unless you get Ticketdirect, which I don't think U2 will do

If they don't the printable tickets, it is a joke.

EDIT: it says "Ticketdirect:
Eenvoudig uw tickets thuis uitprinten." underneath the U2 listing on eventim - I assume this means ticketdirect will be available?

Good catch, I think that Dutch phrase means something like "Simply print your tickets at home", so it looks good...

Yes, ticketdirect is available.
And even though I prefer hard tickets, if ticketdirect saves me 35 euro, I'm definitely going for that instead.

For the non Dutch speakers, here's a translation of this part :

LET OP!

ALS U KIEST VOOR DE BEZORGMETHODE TICKETDIRECT, DAN VERSCHIJNT ER AAN HET EINDE VAN DE BESTELLING EEN POP-UP WAARMEE U DE TICKETDIRECT KUNT OPENEN. HEEFT U EEN POP-UP BLOCKER INGESTELD, SCHAKEL DEZE DAN UIT. U KUNT OOK TE ALLEN TIJDE UW TICKET TERUGVINDEN IN 'MIJN EVENTIM'.

That means :

Attention!

If you choose the delivery option TICKETDIRECT, then at the end of the order a POP UP window will appear with which you can open the TICKETDIRECT. If your pop up blocker is on, please turn it off. You can also at all times find your tickets back at 'MIJN EVENTIM'.

Hope this helps.
Sorry for the poor grammar of the English sentences, but I did a pretty literal translation.

And good luck to everyone trying in the general sale in a couple of hours!!!

ticket limits...

Have they announced a limit on the number of tickets? Ive searched and havent found one....of course its almost 3am....

I'll be there very very early.

The best chance is in the morning at the hotel. Last tour Bono came out and signed patiently, going on pics and such, Adam and Edge came out too I think, and Larry left without a trace(as usual.)

Btw guys, There's now officially a 2nd date.

U2 + SPECIAL GUEST 20-jul-2009 21-jul-2009

From eventim.nl

any idea when the 2nd date will go on sale?

2nd date....

The general pattern is when the first date is sold out...My pure guess is about two hours after the first one....

What a ridiculous fucking website. When I got in a few minutes ago, the seating categories made NO sense and when I added to basket there was no indication of where I would be sitting.

Now I am back in a queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom