July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put us down for the Pub Crawl Thursday night!

We booked the Marriott Chateau Champlain--apparently it has easy access to the Metro and is in downtown. What do you Montrealer's think?

I'm glad someone asked the French question--wasn't sure if I needed to brush up on my High School french--We actually went on a school field trip to Quebec and the teachers made us speak french--that was a long time ago and sadly I don't remember much!

OK, this is a really stupid question, but my friend gave me a presale code to get tickets...She told me to log into Ticketmaster at 3pm today but I dont even see the Montreal show listed for sale through ticketmaster...Can someone tell me how to use the presale code? Thanks so much!

I have a question...

I still have some codes left in the Magnificent presale this afternoon, do you think I should use them all so that I can sell back the tickets to anybody that couldn't get some until now, or not use them, in case something comes up later and I can help someone else then? :hmm:

Sooo, anybody have some suggestions/comments? :hmm:

Nevermind, BoMac beet me to it :)

Wait, the presale page? I tried that, but it says subscribe or login, and when I click on it, it just takes me to the home page...Im logged in already, but I dont have a subscription to U2.com(not the $50 one at least)...I was a big U2 fan back in the early 90's and am just getting back into their music, so I hadnt signed up for that...Do I need to be a paying subscriber to use the presale code?

Wait, the presale page? I tried that, but it says subscribe or login, and when I click on it, it just takes me to the home page...Im logged in already, but I dont have a subscription to U2.com(not the $50 one at least)...I was a big U2 fan back in the early 90's and am just getting back into their music, so I hadnt signed up for that...Do I need to be a paying subscriber to use the presale code?

Just go to the link BoMac offered and you should be ok...

I'm having buyer's remorse.

I got 2 GA yesterday in the GEG presale.

This morning was the Boots presale. Just out of curiosity, I checked what was available and saw that I could get my hands on 2 Red Zone 1. I couldn't resist, I pulled the trigger.

Sooo, anybody have some suggestions/comments? :hmm:

By the looks of things in this forum, everyone seems to be getting what they want for this show without any problems. I would keep them in my back pocket just in case. You never know if they'll add something down the road. (I still say a nightly prayer for Boston to be added.) :pray:

I love that video. The big difference that every Canadian knows is that....MTL is super cold. I've experienced some cold in Toronto....but Montreal takes the cake. That's why this MTL show in July is gonna be off the chains.

:hug: WARMTH

I love that video. The big difference that every Canadian knows is that....MTL is super cold. I've experienced some cold in Toronto....but Montreal takes the cake. That's why this MTL show in July is gonna be off the chains.

:hug: WARMTH

Amen to a summer show :applaud:

Now let's just hope it doesn't rain! LOL! :lol:

How is the venue situated? I've been hearing conflicting stories about how easy it is to get to it.

It COULD not be easier to get to. The venue is across the street from the Namur métro(subway) station, which lies on the Orange line of the Montreal métro system. It's about a 20-minute métro ride from downtown.

Furthermore, the venue sits along the Décarie highway (Highway 15) and is near the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 40 (Métropolitain Blvd.) Morning and afternoon rush hour along these two thorougfares is atrocious, but during off peak times you can get to downtown from the concert venue in 15-20 minutes.

Additionally, free shuttle buses will be provided to concert goers after the show. I'm not certain, but I imagine these buses will drop people off in the downtown area.

what time after the presale started were you able to get them? Did you get them by just selecting the the gree seats?

My priority will be to buy my own in a couple of hours, but if I can't get any then either, then we will talk:)

Did you get your backstage tickets or did you change your mind and got something else? :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom