August 20 Don valley stadium Sheffield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAybe we have our own special entrance :lol:

now that would be nice :drool:

Yeah we thought that in Dublin and the b:censored: ds made us go around the long way :angry:

cheek off them!! i went to croke park in june 2008 (we wont mention the band) and the run under the tunnel/behind the pitch was EVIL im sure they deliberatly have the entrance furthest away u can so they can laugh at u all running like maniacs!

Anyone driving back to Liverpool after this show who has an extra space? Will chip in towards petrol etc. PM if anyone can help? TIA

Ok, last chance saloon for me. Anyone who is driving back to Liverpool after with a space in the car? Will pay £50. Otherwise it will mean a RZ ticket going to waste.

My own stupid fault for leaving things to the last minute! No hotels available and last train to Liverpool is 1045 which would mean leaving early...no way!

Any help very much appreciated! TIA

Then meeting with Wayne sometime early Thursday morning :hyper:, not sure what time yet

Hoping to arrive in Sheffield around 9am, scoot over to the hotel, then head to the stadium.
May even try to get there earlier depending on train times.

I was actually considering if there will be a main GA queue and then they will funnel people into "any" of the assigned queues. My economist brain tells me that assessing queue length is pointless, but my U2 brain says do it!

Ok, last chance saloon for me. Anyone who is driving back to Liverpool after with a space in the car? Will pay £50. Otherwise it will mean a RZ ticket going to waste.

My own stupid fault for leaving things to the last minute! No hotels available and last train to Liverpool is 1045 which would mean leaving early...no way!

have u checked coaches? national express etc, something to manc mebbe? know its not far enuf but depends on times etc
train to manc mebbe coach to lpool? or is there a way to get to leeds n stop over there after show?
just some wee ideas, or try ringing hotels cos if any cancelations this close to date dont always go back on internet database
xx

I think you will be able to get to Leeds from Sheffield pretty easily

im pretty sure the last trains across the pennines is around 10.45

Hope this is allowed, just trying to help someone out, try here Booking.com: 71000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now! i got my hotel in rotherham there.

try the prince of wales in rotherham only down the road from the stadium (3-4)miles. Tis where I will be staying looks like a dive, but its a room for a night.

3 types of room available from £60-£80

Triple Room (Shared Bathroom)

Family Room for 4 (Shared Bathroom)

En Suite Family Room (Sleeps 4)

The Prince Of Wales Hotel - Rotherham

Hope that helps if not good luck

Forgot to say book it through the booking.com website as it still says room are still available, but the actual hotels site doesn't

Do you think they will play a night one type of setlist (elevation, stuck) or night two setlist (Untill the end, bad) after the night one style setlist for Glasgow? (Don Valley being the next gig, and only Sheffield show?)
I'd settle for a night 2 setlist:drool:,I wonder if being live on the radio will make any difference?

Been to the stadium today, the claw is there!!!
There is only 1 GA gate by the looks of it, i have numbers 3&6 but the gates are letters...

The claw DWARFED the stadium, I couldn't believe how open the area is... There will be no parking at all near the arena on Thursday, there were notes left on cars parked there today to warn them of this... Best bet is Meadowhall, then supertram to Don Valley, it's a five minute tram journey.

There doesn't seem to be much of an area to queue in so it'll be cosy!!!

Hope this info helps, see you at the front of the queue!!!!

Help Needed for fan from York...

Hi,

it is very unlikely that I can catch the last train to york after the concert, so if anyone drives back or can offer accommodation for me and girlfriend for the night, I would much appreciate it.

pls txt alvaro :

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom