Is MOFO coming? Where is it going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believed you, it was your post I was referencing in the first place, I just didn't know where it was to quote from.

I figured you did, I was more pointing out that the rest of the thread didn't seem to want to listen and just ride the waves of OMFG MOFO WAS SOUNDCHECKED!!!!

:) Thanks for believing anyway. Contrary to popular believe, sometimes I DO know what I'm talking about! :lol:

All I'll say is:

I'd rather hear Drowning Man than Mofo. Though both of them will likely share the same fate.

now do we know for sure that only the drum line was rehearsed (which is normally what the drum tech does in every city)? or are we dealing with conflicting reports?

We are dealing with overactive imaginations and people misinterpreting other people's posts about the drums for mofo being heard during rehearsals.

yeah... WHY out of nowhere there's a MOFO snippet?

the thing is, the rumors and the snippet started almost at the same time...

:hmm:

i just wonder if Mofo actually was rehearsed. has the person who originally tweeted that Mofo was rehearsed actually come forward to say that it was just the drum line? if not, then it seems like we've overreacted in two directions on this issue.

yeah... WHY out of nowhere there's a MOFO snippet?

the thing is, the rumors and the snippet started almost at the same time...

:hmm:

:lol: see there were no "rumors" as in many stories. It got reported inaccurately that Mofo was soundchecked in Boston by one person. It was not, it was Larry's drum tech doing the drum line for it. Which he does before most shows. You combine that with a brief snippet that has been included with City recently and you have "Mofo rehearsed!" with stories all over the internet including U2gigs who actually had it reported as rehearsed. I think also the fact that it was actually rehearsed but not done for the Vertigo tour feeds the rumor as well. As in, they thought about it last tour, so why not????

I remember during Popmart walking by the stadium and hearing Dallas Schoo doing the riff to The Fly. I knew it wasnt U2 because they were not at the stadium yet. But I can just imagine somebody walking by at the time and saying "U2 is rehearsing The Fly for Popmart!!"

I also remember the same thing happening during the Vertigo rehearsals in 2005. A fan incorrectly reported City Of Blinding Lights as One Step Closer. He even corrected himself here (I think it was U2fanPeter). To this day though there is still information on the net and/or people mention One Step Closer being rehearsed. It never was. Its the internet, its a great thing but it breeds misinformation as well.

I don't think Mofo is coming back. I think Bono just really likes the lyric, and he's using it as an intro to City of Blinding Lights, which makes sense.

"Looking for the face I had before the world was made" is about a longing to go back to the innocence and purity of youth. The first verse of CoBL is about Bono's first trip to London when U2 was first starting out. "The more you see, the less you know." It's about returning to that purity, which is why he's pulled a young kid onstage during that part (or at least he did in DC last night, I don't know about the other shows.)

I don't think Mofo's coming back. I think the lyric is just a perfect segue.

I'm more curious about what prompted a "Day Without Me" snippet into Unforgettable Fire on the Euro leg, though...

You combine that with a brief snippet that has been included with City recently and you have "Mofo rehearsed!" with stories all over the internet including U2gigs who actually had it reported as rehearsed.

I only reported it as rehearsed because U2Start said it was. They hadn't sold bullshit before, and it seemed safe to take them seriously. As it happens, it seems they were wrong and I've subsequently clarified the report.

So you can stop pinning this on me now, thanks. Would've been nice if you'd submitted a correction or something, you know, rather than just going on here about "stories all over the Internet" and doing nothing.

I only reported it as rehearsed because U2Start said it was. They hadn't sold bullshit before, and it seemed safe to take them seriously. As it happens, it seems they were wrong and I've subsequently clarified the report.

So you can stop pinning this on me now, thanks. Would've been nice if you'd submitted a correction or something, you know, rather than just going on here about "stories all over the Internet" and doing nothing.

Who said I was pinning something on you???? :confused: I simply said in a post that your site even reported it as rehearsed. Am I incorrect on that? How am I pinning this whole thing on you?? WOW

Oh, and I did submit a correction to your site. :shrug:

Since Bono can't remember the words to any of his songs, maybe he memorized this poem back in grade school and that's why he's saying it now. Probably doesn't even realize that its part of Mofo...

would be nice to have a little POP in Raleigh, 12 years to the month for me seeing the spectacle in Toronto, I'll never forget the moment they kicked into Mofo after the MOOOFFFFOOO, MOOOOFFFOOO and that screen and the audience went apeshit!

Back
Top Bottom