Hopes for LEG 3 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something, anything from Pop, even if its just U2's way of saying "Yes we are aware this album exists".

Come up with a new opening song. Axver's idea on here isn't bad. Or just open with NLOTH. Maybe something from SOA (if released) will make a better opener. My guess is that we are stuck with Breathe for this entire tour.

I think the old songs they are doing are fine for the most part. I think Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me should be done though. It was a single, its on the greatest hits, its a rocker, it hasn't been played in 11 years and it fits the feel of the stage perfectly.

I think they should give Stand Up Comedy a shot live also. I think it would be one of those U2 songs that is better live than on the album.

I'm one of the very few that doesn't mind WOWY on this tour. But I do like the Idea of All I Want Is You instead. I think that would be a nice change, would work in the encore, and Bono could probably sing it better than WOWY.

Zooropa!

In my head, the juxtaposition of the piano intro, into the spaced-out first half, and then the quiet pause in the middle into the up-tempo rocked out half seems like a perfect song to do crazy ass stuff with The Claw.

Oh yes and also open with something else. Bono really needs to get over his stubborness about Breathe.

Zooropa itself would be amazing on this tour.

This. My single biggest wish.
I hope that Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm and Stay stay (no pun intented) in circulation for leg 4, I'll be seeing at least 4 concerts so I hope to catch at least one of them. Those 3, Zooropa, and then A Sort of Homecoming. I can't think of anything else.

Oh yeah, One Tree Hill.

......and Fez/Being Born.

.... and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (a man can dream!)

I think the continuing absence of 90s material needs to be rectified on the third leg. I'd especially like to see EBTTRT, Gone, HMTMKMKM, Mofo, Dirty Day and Discotheque. From their 80s catalogue ASOH would be nice. Additionally I hope the ATYCLB contingent (with the possible exception of BD) and the moribund WOWYand SHF are dropped.

Do you really see them changing anything that much? I really don't.

I mean 99% of the movements on stage are the same each night...

It's a play and they found what they like.

I agree with Blue Room!

Stand Up Comedy really needs a shot live! It would certainly be a better opener than Breathe. Hoping they throw Stand Up Comedy into the next leg somewhere. It's a rockin' tune that needs a debut!

l also like the idea of opening with an old track and going into something new.

My call...

A Sort of Homecoming. It's a building rocker and what's better than Bono starting out the show singing: "I am coming home. I am coming home".

In the "It will never happen" file: I like the idea of Fez/Being Born as the first encore and then into UV, WOWY and MOS.

....Just my 2 cents.

Here´s my hope for an updated setlist:

1. (New Song)
2. No Line on the Horizon
3. Even better than the real thing / Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. All I want is you / ISHFWILF
7. (New song, kind of ballad)
8. Stand up Comedy
9. Gone / Until the end of the world
10. Every breaking Wave
11. City of blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. Crazy (Remix)
14. Sunday bloody Sunday
15. (New Song, fades into:)
16. Where the streets have no Name
17. Walk on
18. One

19. Fez-Being Born
20. Mofo / The Fly
21. Get on your boots

22. Acrobat / UV
23. With or without you / Bad
24. Moment of Surrender

i would like to see them play.
i know the feeling! i always have very low expectations when i see them since it's so infrequently. even though i hated the setlist i got when i saw them for vertigo, ultimately i still feel lucky to have seen them on the tour. hopefully, if they don't announce dates for you guys soon, i hope they at least confirm that yes they are touring australia next year.

it's funny. as much as i prefer the 360 tour to vertigo, the second auckland show will most likely remain the best u2 show i've ever seen in my life. i'm always going in with an open mind, of course, but it's really going to take a lot to top that night.

when something still sticks out in your mind three+ years later, so vividly, it must be something special.

it's funny. as much as i prefer the 360 tour to vertigo, the second auckland show will most likely remain the best u2 show i've ever seen in my life. i'm always going in with an open mind, of course, but it's really going to take a lot to top that night.

when something still sticks out in your mind three+ years later, so vividly, it must be something special.

melbourne I is probably still the best night of my life so far, which i dont know whether to be happy about, or perhaps that's a bit sad.

My hope is that they do that Mys Ways/Where Is The Love thing w/BEP every night they open for them (if they do, that is). In the absence of the MW slide solo, this is a great alternative ;)

My greatest hope for next year has to be that Shine Like Stars is there more often.

My greatest hope for next year has to be that Shine Like Stars is there more often.

I would have to agree with this! Only play WOWY at about 40% of the shows next leg, and when they do, include an extended Edge outro and Shine Like Stars.

If they have a leg 3 before SOA is released(very possible if S America rumors are true) then they need a completely overhauled setlist!

1.)No Line On The Horizon
2.)Magnificent
3.)Do You Feel Loved
4.)Breathe
5.)Boots
6.)Even Better Than The Real Thing(50% this, 50% UTEOTW)
7.)Crazy Remix
8.)MOFO(rotate Last Night On Earth)
9.)Wire(rotate exit)
10.)In God's Country(50% this, 50% NYD)
11.)Beautiful Day
12.)I Will Follow(rotate Gloria, OOC and Two Hearts Beat As One)
13.)MLK(A couple shows replace with Still Havent Found, but its had enough 360)
14.)The Unforgettable Fire(75% of shows, play this, other 25% Please)
15.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
16.)Walk On
17.)One/Amazing Grace
18.)Streets
---------------------------------------
19.)Unknown Caller
20.)City of Blinding Lights
21.)Vertigo
--------------------------------------
22.)Full band Desire/A few shows Discotheque
23.)Ultraviolet
24.)With or Without You/Shine Like Stars(or full band Stay when not up for WOWY)
25.)Moment of Surrender
Sometimes, like at 1/3 of the shows:
26.)40

Back
Top Bottom