Attention 90s Fans_REAL ACTION 360_Poll and Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Direct action to try and make a positive change in the world? Great.

Direct action to try and make your favorite band play what you want them to play? Not quite the same thing, is it?

what makes you think that? because they're not playing the songs you want to hear?

No, it's because they always talk about changing their music to reach a new audience. It was the reasoning behind Achtung, Zooropa, Pop, Leave Behind, Atomic Bomb. Not that it leads to bad music (4 classics) but it shows that they are more concerned with those who don't like them that those that do. It works for them, though.

Direct action to try and make a positive change in the world? Great.

Direct action to try and make your favorite band play what you want them to play? Not quite the same thing, is it?

Yeah, it is. The circumstances are different, but it is the same concept. Doing instead of complaining.

What's with all you assholes
saying something retarded
U2 don't care about their fans once they have them
?

"we should be greatful that they bless our meaningless bodies with their glory, it doesn't even matter if their banging on the bodies of starvation victims with wooden spoons, it's great!!!"...

I would very much care if they used wooden spoons, because I care about the environment.

IT IS VERY MUCH IN THE SPIRIT OF U2 TO TAKE ACTION!!!

By the way, I want ZOOROPA, it would work very well with the stage. This tour has got to go sci-fi on us.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I went to the show on Monday night and I absolutely loved the set list, every minute of it. Only song I would have really liked to see added was Mysterious Ways, but apart from that it was perfect. We were offered copies of the setlist just before the show, and while both of my parents were delighted I categorically refused, I just don't think the show would be fun if you knew what was coming up before it. My dad took one look and advised me that if I needed to pee do it before the show because he knew I would refuse to leave during any of the songs on the list :D

The songs which are played all the time are the songs which the crowd can sing along to. That's what a U2 concert is all about and that's why they continue to play the old favorites ("warhorses"). A U2 show without Streets or One would not be a U2 show, those songs define the band's contrasting styles in my view. Are you guys seriously saying that you would actually like to see songs like Pride and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for RETIRED from the concerts? Is this just a thread for those who hate the 80s U2 sound, or just for those who don't want them to play hit songs that everyone knows? The current setlist format is a blend of the new album, the old hits, and obscure songs. Promoting the new album comes first, for obvious reasons. They play the hits because they know that's what most of the audience wants to hear, and they play some very obscure songs to try and make them "un obscure". A setlist with no classics and a tone of songs most people on the stadium have never heard and can't participate in? Sounds like any other random band to me.
What sets U2 apart from others is the fact that everyone DOES participate in their concerts. If they turn every show into a long list of songs which most people don't know, they will lose The Edge (no pun intended) they have over their musical rivals. U2 are a live act, and a live act is as much about the crowd as about the band themselves.

What would the Bad/40 combo be if you didn't have the entire audience yelling "HOW LOOOOONG.... TO SING THIIIIIIIIIIS SONG..."?

But if the doing is selfish and illogical, it's pointless.

That kind of thinking doesn't get anyone anywhere. You never know what effect something like this will have. However, I think that any form of protest is doomed to failure. Still, it's good to try.

So is there some reason you needed to create another account to say this stuff?

That kind of thinking doesn't get anyone anywhere. You never know what effect something like this will have. However, I think that any form of protest is doomed to failure. Still, it's good to try.

haha you are...
caught.jpg

CAUGHT!!

So is there some reason this is supposed to be funny? But actually, yeah , there is a reason I changed.

Do you have anything else to add? Or were you just being bitchy because you like the idea of people being criticized for attempting to change something that they are unhappy with? Do you like the idea of the pole?

ps, I like pepokiss' picture.

Do you have anything else to add? Or were you just being bitchy because you like the idea of people being criticized for attempting to change something that they are unhappy with? Do you like the idea of the pole?

I know you're not talking to me. I simply asked you a question.

Oooh! Looks as if IB is gonna get some action! :D

4 SALE:

2 pairs of tickets to each of 4 U2 shows in the U.S.

I will no longer need them. I am moving to North Korea, leaving my setlist concerns behind.

Mark

Well, being a huge anti-POP u2 fan and all, I think (just to satisfy this person's appetite) that we should all vote for MOFO to be played in the setlist, because God knows I hate that song, and this person deserves the worst song.

So....MOFO...

Pleeeassseee : puppyeyes :

Back
Top Bottom