Appreciation: 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)' live, 360 Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes Ultraviolet really encapsulates the tortured essence of Achtung Baby. In my view it was a great move bringing it back.

My favourite AB song and it's preformed great.
When I listen to the studio version I expect Bono to belt out the second verse as he does now and then he doesn't. It could have been even better if he sang it like that.

I just hope they keep this in the setlist during 2010.

That would be great. :up: I don't think I've ever looked forward to a year in the future like I am with this one...such a great tour.

My favourite AB song and it's preformed great.
When I listen to the studio version I expect Bono to belt out the second verse as he does now and then he doesn't. It could have been even better if he sang it like that.

I don't think he was happy with the final studio version, from what I've read. I actually like the newer version.

I don't think he was happy with the final studio version, from what I've read. I actually like the newer version.

The original lyric, "I guess it's the price of love..." was such a cliche', and it's great to see that Bono has gone back and re-written it for this tour. Last night's SNL vocal for that portion was fantastic, because he enunciated all the new lyrics slowly, and clearly! Sounded excellent.

What is the new line he sings? I haven't been able to make it out in the boots I've listened to.

Yeah, beyond a few clips I haven't watched it all the way through from performances other than the ones I saw, I guess I was just too excited most nights, I noticed what I thought was a lyric flub once.

I think its: "I know its the price that we pay, and that price it not so cheap."

On SNL he sings "I know it's the price... and the price isn't right... if the price is cheap"

I think the way they have performed it this tour is better than anything they've done with the song before. I mean, when you compare how it is now to how it was in the Zoo TV days, it kinda makes the old Zoo TV version seem kinda dull. There's like a whole new life to the song. Wish the same could be said for WOWY, but MOS erases that from memory in the tour now, so it's all good. :wink:

On SNL he sings "I know it's the price... and the price isn't right... if the price is cheap"

I can't stop thinking of Bob Barker.

barker.jpg

...Okay, I've just stopped thinking about him.

I think they should close the concerts with Ultraviolet.

:up: I actually think this is a brilliant idea -- especially when you consider how it ended the televised portion of SNL. There was something really fitting about slotting it in there. I thought it was interesting how it overpowered the credits and the whole sign-off thing.

It' such a quintessential U2 song full of surprise & electricity.
the 90's U2 glam.
thank God - they brought it.

I can't stop thinking of Bob Barker.

barker.jpg

...Okay, I've just stopped thinking about him.

:up: I actually think this is a brilliant idea -- especially when you consider how it ended the televised portion of SNL. There was something really fitting about slotting it in there. I thought it was interesting how it overpowered the credits and the whole sign-off thing.

LOL!

Totally agree... I love the song's urgency, and its sense of pleading. The new 360 second-verse, with the Killer-style / Joy Division-style almost-screamed vocals are so, so awesome

I've been waiting to hear this since Zoo TV. Fantastic. Hope they never take it out of the encore.

So great to see UV reborn, whenever AB stuff is revisited its a highlight for me, Zoo Station/The Fly/UTEOTW on Vertigo :up:.

I only got to see 1 show of the ZOO-TV tour, and since AB is one my uber fav U2/ (+ all Rock) albums <NLOTH is either a few hair's breath below OR at the same level for me as >....

...I was/ am absolutely thrilled to have heard AB stuff on the Vert tour and now again for NLOTH tour! wow, oh, wow!

Though, :lol: , once i heard Lady with the Spinning Head - I prefer that over UV, I still love UV!

i'll be very disappointed if its performance isn't captured on a dvd for this tour.

wouldn't mind them keeping it along for next year's legs, even.

:yes:
omg they'd be .....stupid... not to have it in there!
The whole visual of this just rocks!!!

i think UV is the best song they've ever made, and it makes me feel good to think that the band likes it enough to bring it back.
by far one of the best moments of all the u2 concerts i've seen. thanks for the clips.

As great as this song was to see during ZOO Tv, I think everyone is right that it's better this time around. Maybe 'cuz I haven't really liked the set lists the past couple of tours but to see this song, TUF, MLK, Walk On, Streets, YBR all in one show is almost too much.

At first I thought the "Steering Wheel" Mic would kinda ruin it for me but to see Bono and all of his "frenetic - zoo tv type" moves and his strong (again) voice it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

LOVE THIS F-ing SONG!!! :love:

^ Thanks for posting that was great.

Personally, I've seen them both Boston shows and Meadowlands #1 and I thought Boston #2 was fantastic! In fact that whole show and the Band and crowd interaction was the best I've seen so far. I wonder if a Boston #2 Ultraviolet will show up?

Everyone needs to keep flagging the jerk on YouTube who keeps posting this video after every concert and saying it's the latest performance of Ultraviolet. He's just trying to get hits and it's stupid. I've reported him and he's closed down for comments on the video because I called him out on it.

The video this moron is posting is the Ultraviolet performance from Croake Park, hence the microphone not being lit up red like it is now in the North American shows.

Everyone needs to flag him...I hate doing a search for Ultraviolet and seeing this video come up as the latest show. gggrrrrrrr....this makes me mad for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom