All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know, the chatter at the end suggests at least Larry was there, it sounds like this would have been an experiment where they bring other musicians on stage to play along with them,

Oh, I stopped avoiding them about 2 weeks ago. Just unhid this thread today. :)

I realized I was so excited that I didn't care what they played.

(Especially since I'd seen that Zooropa was still in the set. :wink: )

I dont know, the chatter at the end suggests at least Larry was there, it sounds like this would have been an experiment where they bring other musicians on stage to play along with them,

Yeah, maybe for the Glasto thing? Remember talk about the EBTTRT tribute band thing...

:shrug:

Oh, I stopped avoiding them about 2 weeks ago. Just unhid this thread today. :)

I realized I was so excited that I didn't care what they played.

(Especially since I'd seen that Zooropa was still in the set. :wink: )

OH ok! I totally missed that info. Cool then :D

There are three versions over in the forum at U2start.

It seems it was for a mid show gimmick where people pre-recorded their parts and uploaded them onto the net, then the band played 'with' these people.

One was from Cork, one from Amsterdam, and one from New York.

Edge was playing, as was Larry and Adam.

I'm still catching up on threads here since I got back from Anaheim so I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know what the song was that the band played during rehearsal for Anaheim 1 that was not a U2 song (not a known one anyway). I figured it was a cover of something I was unfamiliar with (unless it was something new) but since no one has mentioned it... (?) It was full band with Bono singing.

I heard a rumor that they had practiced Electric Co, but I have no other confirmation, and I know they also had rehearsed Bad before Anaheim 1. I don't think I heard any mention of a non-U2 song that they played.

I heard a rumor that they had practiced Electric Co, but I have no other confirmation, and I know they also had rehearsed Bad before Anaheim 1. I don't think I heard any mention of a non-U2 song that they played.

The crew rehearsed The Electric Co., Bad, and Velvet Dress before Anaheim I. I didn't hear anything about a non-U2 song; the closest was something about Bono improvising on the Gretsch. Most curious now as to the mystery song!

Yeah I was with another long time fan who also was trying to figure it out with me. Neither of us had a clue what it was. Bono was singing but I was so busy trying to just think about the melody and music I don't remember anything about the lyrics, and being outside the stadium and also unfamiliar with it, I don't remember any of them now. Now I'm thinking am I just crazy? :huh: since no one else remembers this. I just asked my husband if he remembers hearing more than just Bono and he said yes, so maybe we're both crazy. Maybe it was the Bono improvising, but if so it sure sounded like a song. (Did they say the improvising was just him on guitar or also singing?)

From my notes of the band anaheim 1 soundcheck:
fly
bono jam
magnificent
magnificent intro x2
ultraviolet
ultraviolet
unknown new song
fly
even better

New song sounded pretty raw. Bono had a riff and Edge had a good guitar part. Had some lyrics but lot of scat singing. Bass/drums came in partway thru. Sounded very achtung baby era-ish...wondered if it was something they found going through the achtung baby tapes for remastering. Kept repeating "I wanna know."

From my notes of the band anaheim 1 soundcheck:
fly
bono jam
magnificent
magnificent intro x2
ultraviolet
ultraviolet
unknown new song
fly
even better

New song sounded pretty raw. Bono had a riff and Edge had a good guitar part. Had some lyrics but lot of scat singing. Bass/drums came in partway thru. Sounded very achtung baby era-ish...wondered if it was something they found going through the achtung baby tapes for remastering. Kept repeating "I wanna know."

Thank you so much sharebear! :) I'm not too crazy then. At the time I considered trying to capture the audio on my phone, but I thought it wouldn't be worth it and someone will probably already have this on you tube in about 5 minutes! I guess I should listen to myself next time!

Back
Top Bottom