A fitting tribute to Michael Jackson: MLK->Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono having more talent than MJ ist laughable. Period.

Yes, this is a U2 forum and I love U2 and I love Bono, but I used to love MJ as well and grew up with his music, and he was ridiculously talented.

This is not a competition, it's not about whose the most charitable celebrity out there. MJ has various entries in the book of records for giving to charity, and anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.

Fans are in grief because their idol died. He was an icon, the greatest living pop star, no one sold more records. There will never be another MJ. That said, I love U2 and since this is a U2 board I'm going back to talking about them. If you want to talk about MJ, go and do it in the Music or FYM forum.

And I'm sure Bono is respectful enough to pay some kind of tribute to MJ. He can separate the person from the music. It's not about his "buddies", this is just ridiculous.

And I can see U2 inserting some MJ lyrics into a song, but certainly not a wailing tribute. Some are surprised by the lack of a statement?

I am glad there is no statement. People understand that MJ was a drug-addicted, pathetic figure and a parody of himself for many years. For this, we can all be sad. My thought was "at last he is out of his misery" and that I feel for his kids. But insiders know that of his drug addiction and his debts -- I am not surprised Bono or U2 would not touch that subject. It's not as if they were buddies, like U2 was with Ramone, Hutchence, etc.

Are you for real? John Lennon, Elvis, Joey, Michael Hutchense - all recreational drug users and/or addicts who at some initial point chose to take those drugs. MJ was addicted to painkillers given to him by blood sucking enablers. And yes, I'm aware that Elvis was also. Hey, guess what? Angel of Harlem was written for a heroin addict. Seriously, take your judgemental attitude over to FYM or the religion thread.

I'm not surprised by what Bono did/said last night, he did make a statement.

I find it funny that you pop back into Interference for so long just to post this crap. Just shut it, already. :lol:

moving right along...

As for the tribute that WAS paid, maybe I was a bit emotional and my suggestion for MLK-Streets was a bit over the top. I felt what they did last night in calling him the "Angel of Indiana" and the snippets was appropriate and I commend the respectful tribute they paid. :up:

Back
Top Bottom