What are some things to look out for when buying tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danondorf

Acrobat
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some GA tickets now for the Anaheim shows. I want to be aware of any warning signs to look out for when buying tickets from Craigslist or eBay. Anyone have any experiences or pointers? Have fake tickets been a problem for the 360 tour?

I would never buy tickets off of either of those two sites. With those sites it's just you and the seller. If the tickets are fake or invalid, then you're out of luck. There's a chance that if you contact Ebay they may help you get your money back, but you'd be flat out screwed with Craigslist. Either way, neither of those two sites can help you get into the concert if your tickets don't work.

Sites like Stub Hub or Tickets Now are much better because they guarantee you entry. If for some reason the seller tried to pull a fast one and something is wrong with the tickets, these sites will work with you to get you into the concert. Worst case scenario, you'll get your money back.

I would never buy tickets off of either of those two sites. With those sites it's just you and the seller. If the tickets are fake or invalid, then you're out of luck. There's a chance that if you contact Ebay they may help you get your money back, but you'd be flat out screwed with Craigslist. Either way, neither of those two sites can help you get into the concert if your tickets don't work.

Sites like Stub Hub or Tickets Now are much better because they guarantee you entry. If for some reason the seller tried to pull a fast one and something is wrong with the tickets, these sites will work with you to get you into the concert. Worst case scenario, you'll get your money back.

+1

the tickets might be a bit more expensive, but those sites will stand behind the tickets and remedy any problem

i've sold and purchased several tickets from Interference & Craigslist alike!.. havent had a problem yet... knock on wood...

i find craigs is sometimes much better and reliable cause you can meet people in person, in your own area... i'm a pretty damn good judge of character, and i'm pretty confident i can tell a real ticket from a fake one..

in situations when i do sell a ticket for a show {like i did just a few hours ago}, i drive down to a local shopping mall or the like, with 'normal' people around, i make sure i show up with ALL tickets available for the show, still attached to MY OWN tickets so the buyer can see that yes I am attending the show myself, {yes i know i could be selling those left as well :)} and when I do purchase tickets, which i do often for shows like U2 or other bands i'm a fan of, i order online for pickup at my local TICKETMASTER store so my own Name & Address are shown, and attached to the tickets themselves! sure-fire way to show they indeed are LEGIT!

just for the nay sayers.. the buyer i sold my extra U2 360 tickets to just now, showed up to the meetup spot with his 2 teenage boys along for the ride..
it was a really pleasant experience! CHRIS! if you ever read these forums, I REALLY WISH you & your wife a GREAT SHOW! I'M 100% sure you'll enjoy it!
always great to meet other real U2 FANS!

good luck! op, and enjoy the show!
my cousin was supposed to be attending that show.. i doubt he'll be able to swing it though :(

Back
Top Bottom