U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did you get that information? The last post that Baja made about that on u2.com was:

I don't know where I read it but there is a possibility that we'll have a new tour next year and that there will be extra concerts played in Europe and the US, and IMO it doesn't make sense that they will use the same presale codes again, because, seriously, most people have used theirs by now.

I can't imagine they wouldn't offer new codes for the second leg. If they don't, then what's the incentive to renew during a year when they're touring?

I don't know where I read it but there is a possibility that we'll have a new tour next year and that there will be extra concerts played in Europe and the US, and IMO it doesn't make sense that they will use the same presale codes again, because, seriously, most people have used theirs by now.

I can't imagine they wouldn't offer new codes for the second leg. If they don't, then what's the incentive to renew during a year when they're touring?

I agree with you both. It's never made sense to me that management would expect fans to save codes for a tour leg that's never really been officially acknowledged.

That's fine, but it's a bit premature to be making definitive statements to someone who's asking a question when the information on u2.com is much less than definitive at this point.

I agree with you both. It's never made sense to me that management would expect fans to save codes for a tour leg that's never really been officially acknowledged.

They did it for Vertigo. There were people who even had presale codes left for Hawaii, a concert that hadn't been announced when the
3rd leg ended.

Last edited:
"Adam could just break out his old PopMart wardrobe, with the mask, lol"
No, I am sure he will have some fantastic new ideas for this tour-he is such an exciting guy after all.

They suspended all the safety rules just this week anyway, so I don't see any more troube.

I'm quite curious about the new wardrobe tough. ITs probably going to be quite simple,
to match the album theme, and the stage..

I find it a little strange that they'll only have 2 weeks to rehearse with the stage.

(Since the stage will only be on his feets at Camp Nou on June 15 and that opening night is the 30th).14 days isn't that much of a time to get comfortable with a new environment

I thinks that's about standard...to work with the actual set-up for a couple of weeks prior to the tour...of course they'll rehearse in the studio prior to that I'm sure.

I find it a little strange that they'll only have 2 weeks to rehearse with the stage.

(Since the stage will only be on his feets at Camp Nou on June 15 and that opening night is the 30th).14 days isn't that much of a time to get comfortable with a new environment

I'm not sure they had twenty-four hours with the full setup before their last stadium tour. Let's count our blessings.

Did anyone see U2's live performace of Boots at the Brit awards a while back, the visuals were pretty awesome, and the intro reminded me of ZooTV! The intro to Boots was great, "The Future...." etc, I can't help but think the visuals will play a much larger role this time around, as compared to the previous 2 Tours.

Wasn't there an article a while back about the people who put together those graphics? Seems like they had a really short period of time to put them together for the awards show circuit. I wouldn't count on them being the finished product. Hope not, anyway.

Reminds me: I saw some snarky comments on some board somewhere about U2 performing in front of powerpoint presentation for Boots. ouch!

wasn't there an article a while back about the people who put together those graphics? Seems like they had a really short period of time to put them together for the awards show circuit. I wouldn't count on them being the finished product. Hope not, anyway.

Reminds me: I saw some snarky comments on some board somewhere about u2 performing in front of powerpoint presentation for boots. Ouch!

ho-ho-ho zing!!

So what do we have so far....outdoor tiered stadiums only, tour theme is 'the future' (?), a giant sized space-claw for a stage w/large spire + lighting rig?, supposedly an expandable screen that can move up/down (designed by the great Chuck Hoberman), a few Bono alter-ego's (Elvis' dead bro - Jesse?) and a setlist that consists of 5 new songs and others that haven't been played on the last TWO tours (rumored by The Edge)....where does that leave us?

......what would a modern-day ZOOTV look like?​

I just can't see them only playing 5 songs off the new album. I know Edge said 1/2 the songs, but edge is as bad as Bono now when it comes to speaking to the media and expectations.

I can't see them leaving off NLOTH, or Unknown Caller...and SUC has live all over it. Cedars and White as Snow are two that I could see as snippets....Though Cedars could be a good closer.

I really fear they're not going to play Fez-BB. That'd be a huge shame, but I can see them not playing it. I remember from last album that most people expected Crumbs live, barely happened!

I'd love to hear White as Snow live, could be nice with Edge on piano! Otherwise an acoustic break with both Bono and Edge on acoustic guitar would be nice too.

IMO they should play the whole album live. :yes:

I think the automatics are: NLOTH, Mag, Crazy Tonight, GOYB, and Breathe;

Likely: MOS, Unknown Caller;

Possible (but unlikely): SUC, F-BB

Too bad SUC has such an unfortunate acronym. :huh: I think "Magnificent" has "opener" written all over it. They can extend that intro as long as it takes to get them all on stage. :love:

I don't think they can reproduce MOS and UC sufficiently, which is why Edge said 5 songs.
Because that's maybe all he's rehearsing.

MOS would give Bono a run for his money on the vocals.
Doing that night in and night out doesn't sound like something I would imagine Bono doing. That is unless he performed it more subdued, which might not sound as good...who knows? UC is built around that 'choral' chant, with about 4 voices chanting the "Oh-Oh" part. I don't think it would come off as well with only Bono and Edge.

The other 4 surely won't be played live. SUC might be an outside chance. I'll predict we'll hear SUC live before MOS and we'd hear MOS (some kind of version) before UC, which I think will likely never be performed.

But yeah, the 5 automatics bram listed are almost certainly the 5 Edge is talking about.

SUC sounds like it was made to be performed live.
I agree about MOS and UC, though, but I think they will eventually be played, just not on a regular basis.
As far as vocally challenging songs are concerned: NLOTH also wasn't easy to sing for Bono, still they were able to pull off a decent version of that song for the BBC. I'd love to hear that one live.
And MOS could also be sung differently. UC may be stripped down a bit, but I don't see why there should be a problem for Bono singing it. The guitar solo in the end should be enough reason to play it live :drool:
I hope they at least TRY to play as many new songs as possible.

not being nit-picky, but why is the site still using the old tour logo?

-dan

Guys, there are people who say and others not, but tell me: The stage will rotate through 360°?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom