The CLAW Part 4 - (INCL. SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a place where any mofo, wanderer and stranger in a strange land can find a sort of homecoming? for those who haven't found what they're looking for can leave it all behind when they travel down the street with no name on a journey deep into the heart?

I just started a thread in EYKIW based on this u2 poetry. Thanks for the inspiration :lol:

This could perhaps be my favorite U2 stage yet. Let's see how they use it more as the tour progresses. During Vertigo, the screens were used much more as the show went on and they got new visuals.

They did a brilliant job with this claw! Hats off to Willie and Stufish! :applaud:

they could (and should) have an hour long special on discovery for just the screen

-dan

I'm begining to think its impossible to take a bad picture of The Claw, I haven't seen a shitty picture yet. Everyday I have a new desktop pic :lol:!

stage2mik.jpg

So where is the redzone and does anyone know if people are having to have special tickets scanned to get into the elipse by the stage?

I guess its inbetween the legs on the outer side of the runway, only v few ppl in the redzone here,

but as far as I know its first come first served to get into the pit.

I guess its inbetween the legs on the outer side of the runway, only v few ppl in the redzone here,

but as far as I know its first come first served to get into the pit.

the red zone is between the legs?
is that where Bonocrab came from?

Any other future tour stage by u2 will seem a huge come down now lol.

Best stage set up ever.

I still can't get over how jaw-droppingly stunning the claw looks in action. It's an incredible achievement and probably the best use of lighting and video I've seen in a stadium tour.

September can't come fast enough!

I still can't get over how jaw-droppingly stunning the claw looks in action. It's an incredible achievement and probably the best use of lighting and video I've seen in a stadium tour.

:up:

hellz yeah! I couldn't agree more! September needs to hurry up!

It doesn't even look real in most of the pics, esp the professional ones. It keeps reminding me of The Abyss. (I love that movie!)

I know..it looks fake...or like a drawing....

I can't can't believe I'm going to say this but...I almost want to see the Claw more than Bono :reject:

*hides from PLEBA*

I've been thinking... For those of you that are going to the Dallas show.... The new Cowboys stadium currently has the "world's largest HD screen (according to Jerry Jones)" hanging from the top going across the field. I seriously have major concerns that the Claw will NOT fit in the stadium with the screen in its current position (it is quite massive). I wonder how they are going to deal with that?

Any thoughts?

that thing is far too awesome to be dismantled once the tour ends.

let's buy it and keep it in vegas.

I have seriously thought that they should send the claw out on tour without the band after this tour is over. Just play music, have a light show. I'd go. I'm not even kidding. I get all dreamy-eyed when I look at it. lol

I've been thinking... For those of you that are going to the Dallas show.... The new Cowboys stadium currently has the "world's largest HD screen (according to Jerry Jones)" hanging from the top going across the field. I seriously have major concerns that the Claw will NOT fit in the stadium with the screen in its current position (it is quite massive). I wonder how they are going to deal with that?

Any thoughts?

The screen is able to be hidden underground.

I totally agree...

this thing is just unreal. I guess they finally decided to TOP ZOO TV & PoPMart with the scale of the production. Hopefully they top it in terms of performance and ticket revenues as well. I dont see how they wont, at least in terms of revenue.

I was trying to describe this stage setup to someone the other day...who just stared back at me like i was on drugs. The only real way to describe this to anyone is to just show them these pictures and hope they can comprehend the scale of it all. If not, then fuck it i give up.

Life is good....and hopefully 2010 will bring about more songs and a new twist to this crazy ass tour. And when its all said and done the DVD will look and sound great on my big ass tv.

Back
Top Bottom