The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this long list of threads and I have to say that this looks in size a lot like what I've seen today.
Only U2's claw has a 4 massive arms instead of 8 smaller ones like this one.

Kenny, the claw is at least 1 1/2x if not closer to 2x the size of that wrestlemania stage...

The claw will span almost the width of most stadiums, this one doesn't even come close.

Kenny, the claw is at least 1 1/2x if not closer to 2x the size of that wrestlemania stage...

The claw will span almost the width of most stadiums, this one doesn't even come close.

Ya I agree, take another look.THE CLAW almost takes up 1/2 a football field plus most of the width....not even close. Willie Williams and Mark Fisher designed ZOOTV and Popmart, don't even worry about aesthetics. :D

The Claw is our master!

toy-story-alien-300x247.jpg

Here is the church
Here is the steeple
Open the doors and there's a giant Mo**erF**king claw ready to kill us all!!!!!

/nursery rhyme'd

-dan

The claw doesn't look as huge as might suggest, I added a picture where you can see some people underneath the center of the claw.I think it's 35 to 40 meters in height.
In the picture I took from the car, you see a church, the church is 47 meters high,and the distance from church to claw is like 60 a 70 meters.
I couldn't tell if they were breaking it up or building it,there weren't a lot of people doing something at the time.

Ya I agree, take another look.THE CLAW almost takes up 1/2 a football field plus most of the width....not even close. Willie Williams and Mark Fisher designed ZOOTV and Popmart, don't even worry about aesthetics. :D

Trust me, the claw isn't as huge as it looks on pictures.
I notice that if you film it or take a picture of it, it has the tendency to stretch and make it look massive!!
The wrestlemania claw is maybe a little more circular and U2's claw has a more rectangle center.
Take a look at this picture
The motorcycle left of me is on the same line as the nearest leg of the claw right of me.
I had huge expectations about the stage and when I got there it was like it dissapointed me in a way.
The LAX claw is really huge and impressive,kinda dwarf this one out.
I find it also weird that they only put it in stadions, this claw is resurrected in a very small village. they could have put Belgium on the tour map and other festival sites in Europe easily!
Maybe because in open field it looks small, that's why they only do stadions.
I'm not breaking U2 down but it isn't as massive as it may seem.
22052009176.jpg

Take a look at this picture
The motorcycle left of me is on the same line as the nearest leg of the claw right of me.
22052009176.jpg

The motorcyle in this picture will not give any justice as far as scale. I look at the lift in the background know the height of those things and judge the height that way. I do the same with the wrestlemania stage and there is no comparison. Maybe not being inside a stadium, having it in the open like this is throwing you off :shrug:

Other than the orange stripe it's looking incredible. I love that the "spike" is absolutely covered in very advanced looking lighting fixtures - The structure is very elegant and I guess will look even more so when the covering goes on and smooths off some of the more awkward edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom