more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our choir was on our annual tour, heading to Washington DC. The tour bus dumped us in Nashville for the afternoon. What else were a bunch of under-aged college kids going to do but buy the cheesiest souvenirs we could find?

:grumpy:

And it was an awesome coloring book. It had a drawing of him with a horse, and with a tractor!

see, i'm immature enough that i'd take much delight in colouring everything oddly - give him blue hair, make the horse pink, etc. i can't remember if i've ever seen that gift shop.

It's hard to miss - there's a giant fiberglass (or whatever) cut-out of Randy Travis on the side of the building. I think he's holding a Coke.

Granted, this was in 1994 or 1995, so I'd be really surprised if the Randy Travis Gift Shop still existed.

So far we've got rumors of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Boston, and Nashville.

Hopefully we'll get an Ohio show added in there, plus the long rumored St Louis show. It would also be nice to see some more shows in the south and possibly a few more west coast shows.

Unfortunately, it looks like ticket sales for these shows will commence before any sort of new album shows up.

Lets' start a Green Bay rumor too!

Havent skipped WI for a loooong time.

Tim

Vanderbilt?! That's rather surprising. I figured any Nashville show would automatically be at the stadium the Titans play in (LP Field or whatever corporate entity has the naming rights these days).

Vanderbilt Stadium has a major renovation scheduled for next summer, including laying down of field turf.

I would bet the show is at LP field, unless they think that the renovation can be completed between July 3rd and the beginning of football season.

Vanderbilt Stadium has a major renovation scheduled for next summer, including laying down of field turf.

I would bet the show is at LP field, unless they think that the renovation can be completed between July 3rd and the beginning of football season.

I've heard the standard is to give it a full year for turf to take root before scheduling a concert anyway if that is the case.

How many people does Vanderbilt seat anyway?

I've heard the standard is to give it a full year for turf to take root before scheduling a concert anyway if that is the case.

How many people does Vanderbilt seat anyway?
vanderbilt seats 39,790, lp field seats 69,143.

not to mention memphis's liberty bowl seats waaaaaaaay more than vanderbilt does. granted that's three hours west and some from louisville and such may not be up to driving that extra bit, but it does seem silly to pick vanderbilt over liberty bowl when liberty bowl holds 60k.

honestly lp field seems more likely, especially now that it's being renovated next summer. though it's a bummer, i could freaking walk to vanderbilt stadium. but i'm not complaining, just them playing somewhere near memphis instead of me driving 8+ hours is good enough for me.

They're installing Field Turf , not natural grass - so the timetable is completely different

Yeah there's no turn around time with that really, I remember about 3 years ago there was a really muddy, brutal game at Gillette Stadium in the middle of the season and they converted the grass to Field Turf during the week following that game.

^Ticketmaster says that the pre-sale begins tomorrow at 10am.So i guess we should get an announcement sometime today.

U2 > News > Brand New Show: Pittsburgh, PA

Hot on the heels of a sold out European tour, U2 have confirmed that the final date on next year’s rescheduled 360° tour will take place on Tuesday, July 26th in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field.

Tickets for this final night of the 2011 North American tour will ($30, $55, $95 & $250) go on sale to the general public next Monday, October 18th, at 10am via livenation.com, all Ticketmaster outlets or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000. (All tickets subject to applicable ticketing fees.)

U2.com subscribers can enter a special advance presale for tickets beginning this Thursday, October 14th (10am) and running until Saturday, October 16th (at 3pm).

Subscribers will be emailed ahead of this presale with details of timings.

Interested in becoming a U2.com subscriber and entering ticket presales for the Pittsburgh show ? Here's all the details you need - including news of 'U2:Duals', a limited-edition CD featuring U2 collaborations with other artists.

hey pittsburgh:

middle_finger.jpg

because a tour closer on a tuesday makes sense

pfft

guess i don't need my minneapolis ticket either
:gah:

At least Pittsburgh doesn't kill the chance of a second date in Mpls.

:pray:

I think you and I are the only ones left praying for that! I am beyond caring where the closer is now. I keep looking at how awesome the stadium is in Minneapolis and I am sooooo excited!:hyper:

I think you and I are the only ones left praying for that! I am beyond caring where the closer is now. I keep looking at how awesome the stadium is in Minneapolis and I am sooooo excited!:hyper:

hey now! i care about any city that may get a 2nd show :)

that would definitely get me to go to minneapolis

Bad week for Minneapolis eh!

Twins flushed by the Yankees and last show of the U.S. leg flushed by Pittsburgh.

:D

Back
Top Bottom