more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait that article states they are ending the tour in Pittsburgh? So there goes any chance of any additional European dates to be added in the fall!? :down: :angry:

Nah, I think it's just the usual American tunnel vision - I think they will do a literal home stretch in the UK and Ireland before all is said and done.

I will say Pittsburgh works better for me than Minneapolis would, since I could travel on the cheap by land, but not sure I would do it anyway - I still say that NJ is the REAL culmination of that leg even if two shows are after it. :wink:

If Pittsburgh happens, that shoots Cleveland. There will be no need for Cleveland if there is a show in East Lansing and Pittsburgh, too close to both. I think U2 should consider their first show in Cincinnati since 1981. They'd pull in crowds from Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Louisville, Lexington and all point in between.

I think they're full of shit about that part, at least. Even if the Pittsburgh show happens.

Dude's probably all "last show! YEAH! Suck it, haters like Cori! ... what? Shows in Dublin later? Eh, fuck that. It's the last US show, and that's all that matters!! YEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

And then he'll throw a couple of karate moves and crush a beer can on his forehead.

:lol:

I do believe the original article said 'US finale', not tour closer.

A friend of who works at Busch stadium had told me that u2 was in the plans for July of next year a few weeks back - I kind of brushed him off but maybe there is some truth to it after all. :hyper:

Shitsburgh????? Actually i think u meant: Pittsbugh, the greatest city in America!
Seriously it really has gone from shitty to awesome in the past decade. Im super excited!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

if they decide to end in pittsburgh, i probably won't keep my trip to minneapolis.

any reason why they can't play heinz a couple of days after philly?

if they decide to end in pittsburgh, i probably won't keep my trip to minneapolis.

any reason why they can't play heinz a couple of days after philly?

Putting Pittsburgh at the end of the N.A. leg instead of between philly and Jersey pretty much says that they have a date for Foxborough/Boston...most likely for the 17th.

I'm a little surprised that these additional 2011 shows might get announced before any new album is out.

Glad to hear about Pittsburgh though. Any place within driving distance is good news in my book!

Okay, to bring my blood pressure back down, it is only this one article about Pittsburgh so far, right?

I actually like Pittsburgh, and have found drinking memories (hazy blurs) of being there for work training.

But don't fuck over Minneapolis for the Leg closer!!! :angry:

i'm bummed because i wanted a walleye on a stick like gardy

ept_sports_mlb_experts-395984159-1263913707.jpg

Okay, to bring my blood pressure back down, it is only this one article about Pittsburgh so far, right?

I actually like Pittsburgh, and have found drinking memories (hazy blurs) of being there for work training.

But don't fuck over Minneapolis for the Leg closer!!! :angry:

Breathe deeply...:hug:

i wish Green Bay could get a U2 concert. :sad:

Oh man, that would be so awesome, wouldn't it? Can you imagine all those thousands of U2 fans overrunning Green Bay? :lol:

I'll start the line at the Kroll's across the street from Lambeau.

Does anyone else think it's weird that there are only rumors about Pittsburgh? I mean, why would there only be one additional date to the US leg?

I honestly have nothing against Pittsburgh, my only beef with the city is due to the day of utter boredom I spent there in college, and my only beef with this is my mild disgruntledness at having Minneapolis no longer being the last show in the US.

I'll get over it ......... assuming this is true. I'm still not convinced. It all just reads weird to me, with the "sources say" and the whole thing seeming to hang on this dude's "connection" to Ireland.

I call shenanigans!

easier to head there after having tix for the original US finale in NJ :doh:

Does anyone else think it's weird that there are only rumors about Pittsburgh?
Considering that the rumor just popped up last night, no, I don't think it's weird. I suspect a few other NA cities will join the fray over the next week or two.

Someplace has got to be first out of the gate with the leaks and the rumors, and Pittsburgh was it.

And it's even less weird when you consider that rumors and news of additional U2 dates are popping up all over the world right now (Australia, South Africa, South America, Dublin). U2 is obviously in the midst of working out their touring plans for the next 12 months.

A friend of who works at Busch stadium had told me that u2 was in the plans for July of next year a few weeks back - I kind of brushed him off but maybe there is some truth to it after all. :hyper:

One of my guesses was St. Louis. Hope it comes true!

I really was hoping they do Penn State's Beaver Stadium as the US closer, it holds over 100,000.

Don't think I'm going to make it in until Friday night...unless I fly in...:scream: Theres only 2 days between NJ and Minny :crazy:

Pittsburgh seems like an odd choice considering Philly...two shows in a state that isn't that big whereas others aren't getting two...but I guess it's a circumstantial thing :shrug:
Not really going to believe it until it's announced.

I think it will be Pittsburgh or Cleveland. They are only about 2 hours apart from each other.

I am really not liking this Rooney guy, who is a politician, and it looks like, the reason Minni is no longer the closer!:angry:

Back
Top Bottom