Mexico Estadio Azteca - PreSale/GenSale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
U2 > News > U2 360° HEADING TO MEXICO

May 14th, 2011

Tickets for the U2 performance in Mexico City will go on sale to Banamex cardholders on Tuesday, September 28th at 11AM and to the general public on Thursday, September 30th at 11AM. Tickets will be available at Ticketmaster.com.mx or by calling 5325-9000. U2.com subscribers will be able to buy tickets before the Banamex pre-sale.

U2.com
presale group 1 - Friday Sep 24, 11am
presale group 2 - Sun Sep 26, 10am
public on-sale - Thurs Sep 30, 11am

U2.com subscribers will be emailed with the presale information.

Tickets for the U2 performance in Mexico City will go on sale to Banamex cardholders on Tuesday, September 28th at 11AM and to the general public on Thursday, September 30th at 11AM.
Wow, they're actually announcing an on-sale date 9 whole days beforehand?

Usually it's like "pre-sale starts tomorrow, and general on-sale is in 3 days".

It's almost like they're actually putting some thought into their tour plans.

I thought there was four groups.

Horizon, Breathe, Boots and Magnificent.

well for nz + aus it was:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots)
Group 2 (Cedar)

I thought there was four groups.

Horizon, Breathe, Boots and Magnificent.
5 groups.

It'll likely be the same as the Australian tour listed in the post above. Anyone who was a pre-existing member of U2.com will be in group 1.

So, no matter what U2.com group you're in, you can get tickets at the same time. What is the point of having the different groups then?

I think it's probably because by this point the number of people in the first four groups who haven't used their codes is very small.

Also, maybe the people who are able to travel so far is smaller than other continents as well, maybe? At least for the Australia/NZ shows - didn't they lump the presales together like that as well?

I'd also suspect that the number of current subscribers in Mexico is so small (especially compared to the size of the stadium) that it won't inconvenience anyone if they're all mixed together.

Perhaps all 5 groups will be used again when U2 has pre-sales for more subscriber-heavy areas, like Europe and the US.

Or maybe they'll just combine some of the groups when they release a new album.

Omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!

I swore I would resist. But I might cave.. Concerts over there are the BEST! I just went in April and had a blast :heart: love Mexico city!!

bajagirl on twitter:

Grupos pre-venta #u2360Mexico #1 (Miembros ANTES de 8/21/2011 7:pm GMT), Grupo #2, todos los miembros que se unieron desp. (Nivel CEDAR)

Yeah, I think 2011 is a typo because in a later tweet she says if you buy a u2.com membership today, you are in the Cedar group.

Omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!

I swore I would resist. But I might cave.. Concerts over there are the BEST! I just went in April and had a blast :heart: love Mexico city!!

I know what you mean. :up:

bajagirl on twitter:

Grupos pre-venta #u2360Mexico #1 (Miembros ANTES de 8/21/2011 7:pm GMT), Grupo #2, todos los miembros que se unieron desp. (Nivel CEDAR)

Ok, so that basically says: Members before (I don't know what she means by before) of 8/21/2011 7pm GMT (???) Group #2, all members who joined afterwards, CEDAR group.

Sorry, but that message was written with awful typing skills, I don't really get it.

Back
Top Bottom