Mexico Estadio Azteca - PreSale/GenSale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if they wanna add and sell out a 2nd show, they should announce it immediately after show 1 is sold out, to make use of the moment...
but then you can't sell thousands of tickets via presales

I just saw a TV spot (Televisa Mexico) where they "confirm" the 2nd u2 Mexico show on May 15th. They announce a Banamex pre-sale on Oct4th/Oct 5th and the General Sale on Oct 6th. However there are no updates in u2.com

U2.com presale - Saturday, Oct 2, 11am (ends Monday Oct 4 at 11am)

Banamex presale - Monday, Oct 4, 11am

General on-sale - Wednesday, October 6, 11am

the U2.com presale is at regular price?
does that Banamex pre-sale has a discount?
or it's just a timing thing?

Since the u2.com presale is through ticketmaster, you have to pay the tktmstr extra charges.

The banamex pre-sale is also through ticketmaster, so you have to pay also the tktmstr extra charges. (no discounts at all. If you do not have a u2.com pre-sale code, but you are a Banamex card-holder, then you can buy tickets in Banamex pre-sale)

the U2.com presale is at regular price?
does that Banamex pre-sale has a discount?
or it's just a timing thing?

It's just basically a very unfair system. If you have a bank account in Banamex, you get to buy tickets at Banamex events pre-sales. If you don't have a card from that bank, you can't buy tickets at their pre-sales. It sucks. :down:

Mexico City 2 May 15th already sold out after an hour! Live Nation needs to add a 3rd show immediately!

Mexico City 2 May 15th already sold out after an hour! Live Nation needs to add a 3rd show immediately!

Where did you hear this? If it is true, that means they moved 200k tickets in an hour and a half!!! I too hope they add a 3rd show but can there really be that much demand in Mexico? That would be well over 300k people!

ticketmaster.com.mx front page says in big red and white letters "boletos agotados" or tickets sold out. I tried for one ticket and no can do! they also announced it was sold out on ticketmaster.com.mx facebook.

ticketmaster.com.mx front page says in big red and white letters "boletos agotados" or tickets sold out. I tried for one ticket and no can do! they also announced it was sold out on ticketmaster.com.mx facebook.

LOL! An Irish band sold 200k tickets in a little over an hour in Mexico....bet they never thought that would happen back in 1980 when they were playing small clubs!

Thank you, as always, for the info

Where did you hear this? If it is true, that means they moved 200k tickets in an hour and a half!!! I too hope they add a 3rd show but can there really be that much demand in Mexico? That would be well over 300k people!

I called ticketmaster earlier to clear some stuff about a purchase, and the first pre-recorded voice message that I heard was: Tickets for the U2 show are now sold out. This was around 11:50 am

Also, bear in mind that there was the U2.com subscription pre-sale and the Banamex cardholders pre-sale previous today's sale. I don't know how much percentage of the tickets each sale had (My guess is that they all had equal amounts) so most of the tickets were already sold before today's sale. Still, it is a huge demand, and I also hope there will be a 3rd date, although I highly doubt it.

Wow, I'm very amazed. I doubt there will be a third show, because this show sold out 30 minutes later than the first show. I honestly think the demand has been reached.

this is unbelievable...seems like there is demand enough for a 3rd show.

It really sounds like there is, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that these first two shows were weekend shows. A third show would have to wait for Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday, which theoretically should make tickets a bit tougher to sell.

That said, if the Claw and all the crew and equipment are already down there, would Live Nation and U2 still make a healthy profit if they "only" sold 40,000 or 50,000 tickets to a third show? I would think the answer is yes.

The second show selling out in 50 minutes for 114,000 tickets definitely warrants a third show. They have over 7 months to try and sell it out.

Better yet, since the demand is so high in Mexico City, maybe they could end the N American leg by going back there and playing on July 30th and 31st, saturday and sunday. that's if the venue is open of course. there is that strong rumoured show in pittsburgh on july 26th also..could work out.

Wow, I'm very amazed. I doubt there will be a third show, because this show sold out 30 minutes later than the first show. I honestly think the demand has been reached.

In cities with multiple gigs this tour, many first shows have taken as long or longer to sell out than the second Mexico City show. They were willing to add extra gigs in places like Brisbane, so if they define that pace as sufficient for a second show, then I don't think they'd necessarily be concluding demand has been reached in Mexico City.

However, before the sales, I heard no rumours about provisions for a third show, just provisions for the second (and a somewhat weak rumour of a Guadalajara gig). Has anybody actually heard rumours of a third show? Because it seems to me that there weren't pre-existing plans, and if they decide there is enough demand for a third show, they may have to scramble a bit to get plans into place.

Back
Top Bottom