If you got tickets via U2.com pre-sale...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I would sell my extra tickets;

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was really sick last tour and had to give up 2 tickets to Cardiff, Vienna, Berlin, and Katowice. I didn't bother selling them, I just gave them away for free. I would most definitely help out any U2 fan.

If I was certain they were a fan, absolutely. If it didn't matter to me, I would just place the tickets on eBay and see what happens.

Last tour, I got a pair of GAs for Buffalo from a guy on ebay for only like $10 over face value. I don't think he realized that there's some law about reselling tickets in New York state that says they can only be resold for a certain percentage over face value. I bid at that price, and the auction automatically ended. I wish more states had laws like that and that ebay would force people to list their actual location instead of just USA or something fake to get around resale laws.

I love the fan loyalty of trading them to other fans at face value, I did that for Bruce Springsteen's last tour, and I hope many people will be that nice.

I'm fervently anti-scalping, so it'd be hypocritical of me to sell them for anything but face values (plus applicable fees). I'd sell them face value to anyone, regardless of whether I knew them previously.

The only way to stop scalping is to not participate in it and make the market for tickets sold above face value dry up.

face value to a fanatic

to do so otherwise is risking really bad U2 concert juju

also Larry Mullen Jr. will know and come kick some ass :wink:

i never resell tickets to anything at anything other than face value.

anything i've had for a high demand event i've preferred to go to the event than scalp the tickets.

but yeah, i'm all about face value.

Also, I look at it this way: if I'm trying to get tickets to an event, I want to buy them at face value. Why should I expect somebody to pay me above face value just because the roles are reversed?

It's all about consistency, people.

Twice now, in the past year I have missed out on tickets to bands with up to 3 shows in my area, only to find that the tickets I was chasing on ticketek/ticketmaster showing up on ebay just minutes later at 8 or 9 times the face value price. It horrified me not only that poeple were paying up to $800 for mediocre seats, and that the tickets that I should have been able to get were going straight to scalpers, but that the poeple buying them were just fueling the fire for next time. So, no, on principle, I wouldn't even consider trying to prophet off other fans.

What does, "I would raise up the price a bit to cover my tickets." mean? Like include the ticketmaster costs and such?

Kinda, I know someone that sold tickets to someone else for the previous tour for double the price to cover the complete amount of his own tickets. Not cool.

I expected these answers, nice.

I am a member of the U2.com club and expect to resell extra tickets for my friends here. Stay tuned.

I sold a few tickets at face value and bought a few as well on Interference. This is a great site for fans to help each other out getting tickets to the shows they want to see.

I'm hoping that if problems arise with these sales that I'll be able to fall back on Interference, so this is encouraging.

I actually bought tickets to shows on the last tour that I knew I couldn't go to with the hopes that I could sell them/trade them for other shows. I thought as long as I was online with ticketmaster waiting for my time zone to open up, I'd buy stuff in other time zones. I bought a few GA's that I sold to people here at face value. I didn't even bother with the fee's because I had to get rid of them. Never was able to trade any but I did find that I wasn't the only one looking to trade tickets. No one had tickets to shows I wanted tickets for.

Also, some of the tickets I bought ended up on ebay. I found that it was much easier to get rid of them here vs trying to sell them there. I thought I'd have an easier time since I was selling them for face value while other tickets were in the $100-$200 range :tsk: But in the end, I never sold any there and got rid of them all through Interference. :D

Hey RedRocks....let's go to an LA show together :flirt: Keep little arw in mind when you're buying your presale tickets. $50 for u2.com is not an option for me right now. I'll just be happy to get tickets to a few shows.

Same here, I'd sell them on for face value.
Considering that I'm hoping to see some UK/European shows in July, I'm not at all confident about getting tickets for myself, although I will certainly try my hardest. I don't want to depend completely on others, but it's great to know that people here help each other out. :up:
I did a ticket swap with some other Aussie U2 fans last time and it made getting tickets for Melb/Sydney a breeze for each of us, as they were sold through separate ticket agencies.

First off would trade (or try to trade) for tickets to other shows, then would sell at face value + TM fees either to a friend or a fan on a forum.

Back
Top Bottom