If you got tickets via U2.com pre-sale...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I would sell my extra tickets;

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Face value definitely. I've been lucky enough to buy face value from other fans and felt amazing to pay it forward by giving 2 tickets away last time around.

I would, but I would most likely trade them for other gigs.

I'm going to try and get as many amsterdam tix as I can, so I can trade them if I can't get tix to Dublin or London.

Hey when the band was on vertigo tour. I could not get a ticket. I contacted a lot of people on this forum. Finally a really nice girl met me at the ACC from this board and gave me her spare ticket at face value. :heart::hug:

YOu guys are the best

I clicked put the "raise the price a bit" option since if I sold them, Id want to pay for the most secure postage and whatever, no way Im taking a risk with something like tix. :|

So thats, what, face value + £5-£10? I never bought special delivery service before so I dunno how much it costs.

I would, but I would most likely trade them for other gigs.

I'm going to try and get as many amsterdam tix as I can, so I can trade them if I can't get tix to Dublin or London.

Hope you'll trade them with me as well if I don't manage to get tix for Amsterdam. :wink:

I will use them to see the shows.... I think that this time round it could be 2 tix per person in the presale..

Last edited:
The only reason I could ever possess "extra" tickets would be to trade for another show. I hate selling anything, even at cost.

By the way, had a very positive experience on this site a few years back trading GAs from a night 1 for GAs on a night 2 (Had "golden pee" circle seats for night 1). The community here is 99.8% perfect. Love the people here! :up:

I'm with you guys, face value all the way. I have had some great adventures during the past two tours selling tickets to others.

I HATE scalpers. They are scum no matter what the ticket is for.

I've never been lucky enough to get tix, but if I had extras, I would definitely find a real fan and sell at face. I really hope that I can find tickets this time around, I've been dying to see U2 since I was 12 and I'm 22 now.

I'd sell them at face value. Preferably, though, I'd trade! :up:

Last tour I had an xtra GA ticket. I made sure the guy was a real fan and wasn't going to re-sell it then I marked it up a bit...after all I had to travel 35 minutes to meet up with him to deliver the ticket, so gas, time, etc. he thought it was more than fair...and he ended up in the ellipse that night...I didn't (I got in next night on the rail right in front of Bono). So really his ticket was priceless.

...and you had spare tickets, would you sell them to another legitimate fan here at face value?

Face value FTW.

I didn't go to Hawaii, but when I was thinking about it, a few people on here offered to sell me their GA's for face value. Considering they could have made a helluva lot more on ebay or whatever, I appreciated that. :up:

Face value FTW.

I didn't go to Hawaii, but when I was thinking about it, a few people on here offered to sell me their GA's for face value. Considering they could have made a helluva lot more on ebay or whatever, I appreciated that. :up:

Same. :heart:

Scalping is the devil's work. Fact.
These people are scum, taking advantage of passion for music.

I sold GA to Amsterdam in 2005, 4 tickets for two shows for face value. Wouldn't ever have it any other way. Working together we can beat these greedy mofo's. Unless of course they work for LiveNation. :mad:

Just an easy question - is there a subsidiary site of Livenation that will allow the inevitable touts to sell on their tickets, like Ticketexchange for Ticketmaster??

I'd definitely sell any spares for face value. We should all work together, make sure we all get tickets! There's nothing more dissapointing than pressing refresh for an hour, and not being able to get tickets, and then they're all on ebay within five minutes.

i would definitely go out of my way to get any spare ticket I had into the hands of someone who deserves to go and sadly missed the boat, not some bugger who only wants it to sell it on for X-times the face value.

So yeah, if I were in that position I would be coming straight here, and I'm sure we'd all be given the absolute burning hatred towards Scalpers here...or anywhere.

That said, I'm hoping somebody IS in that position and fancies helpin' a brutha out post pre-sale. :reject: i'm really bricking it over these gigs and really want to take my Dad to one in return for the one he took me to during Vertigo! :)

Definitely face value. Especially for a fan!

I got face value tix for Vertigo Boston show from someone in this forum (Nick B., if you're still here, thanks again!) and it was the best experience I had in the tour!
And I did sell my Cleveland extra tix for face value to this couple who wanted to take her mom with them to the concert. YEAH!

Of course if I catch my ticket being re-sold at more than face value by the buyer, I will personally hunt him/her down...

Back
Top Bottom