Ear plugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ear plugs for the tour?

• Total voters
Hmmm....interesting. I actually started to feel pain on the inside of my ears at last nights gig. I have never experienced earplugs before, but would have thought they would interfere with the quality of the sound:huh:

elfa, which ones do you have? any specific brand?

cheap ones from the drug store - I don't really use anything specific but they work well enough, I didn't wear them for the first night of Vertigo and boy did I regret it :huh:

I actually have noticed that the hearing in my one ear is starting to go so I'm all about looking after it going forward.

I'll use earbuds, although I'll probably take them out on songs I really really want to hear (thinks like NLOTH, Boots, UC, Krazy, Streets, Ultraviolet, and MOS) since it is my first U2 show. I did the same thing at my first Coldplay show a couple of months ago.

I've been to maybe 10 (?) concerts now, but I've only used earplugs once, when I was 9 and saw Paul McCartney. I don't even think I had them in for that long.....
They bug me so much and they always seem to fall out or be uncomfortable. :shrug: I didn't wear them in Hawaii or LA when I did GA. My hearing is still perfectly fine; the only downside is the ringing in your ears for a few days, which I'm sure you'd get with earplugs anyways. I'm not saying don't use them, I mean, I really should be wearing them. And I know that. :lol: I just don't care for them.

I always were earplugs, but I probably go to an average of about 2 concerts per month. If you want to enjoy concerts for your whole life, you really should wear them.

I can't remember where this was discussed recently, but there are 3 types of in-ear plugs: very soft ones that are rounded on one end (often bright green or orange), slightly harder ones that are just simple cylinders (often bright yellow), and the more rigid plastic ones that are a little like pour spouts for liquor bottles.

Mark

I wore earplugs for the Wembley 2 gig and it was great not having ringing in my ears afterward, which can happen. Glad I wore them and they didn't diminish the sound quality at all :up:.

For the first time ever I hav a very bad sound experience at a u2 concert. My left ear was hurting like hell the whole night and the day after that. I dont know what it is but my ears arent made for the new sound (on cd, in concert). The high notes just made my head hurt. Again this was the very first time in a line of at least 250 concerts so it was weird. My ears are sensible, I need them for the music and producing and this was a very annoying experience

I wish I had brought them because it would have increased the listeningpleasure consideraly.

I bought these ER-20 Hi-Fidelity Ety-Plugs - Music & Concert Plugs for my upcoming concerts. My hearing has suffered the past year, due to concerts and playing my music too loud. It almost feels like an addiction. It will be really hard keep from pulling them out during the show.

Thanks!

I see Sicy is the only Badass so far :wink:

That's because she is still young. I'm an old fart.

Outdoors, no. Indoors, yes.

:hmm: :up:

Back
Top Bottom