Barcelona may fine U2 for noise in Spain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfave

New Yorker
Barcelona may fine U2 for noise in Spain

MADRID (AP) - Barcelona city authorities say they might fine band U2 for rocking too long and loudly during rehearsals for their latest world tour.
While the city says it is proud to host the beginning of U2's world tour, it also said in a statement Thursday that one of its districts received a formal complaint by residents about the band playing after permitted hours and making noise.
The Irish quartet kicked off their «360 degree» tour at Barcelona football club's Camp Nou stadium by playing 22 songs in front of 90,000 fans on Tuesday.

The show features a large, modernistic four-legged construction which houses what the band calls «giant spherical screen.
Singer Bono told the audience after four songs, «This has been our neighborhood for the last couple of weeks.

:doh:

Unbelievable.

When you think about it, those residents actually got an incredibly free preview of the tour before anyone else did...

Think about the money going into the town's economy...

Ungrateful bastards. Seriously.

Unbelievable.

When you think about it, those residents actually got an incredibly free preview of the tour before anyone else did...

Maybe they hate U2, not everyone wants to hear U2

If U2 played louder than they were allowed to, or after hours then local residents have every right to complain

If U2 played louder than they were allowed to, or after hours then local residents have every right to complain

Exactly. They would've known the regulations, and if they broke them, they deserve whatever fine's coming to them.

^ And the city had 2 weeks to notify them to correct it. If that actually ocurred, fine them (but maybe subtract the tourism dollars that fans travelling from all around the world brought into the city listening to the rehearsals that were so offensive).

If they weren't issued with a warning, then it is their own fault for not notifying the band that it was too loud, because "too loud", like "music" is subjective. There would be a max decibal level, but on a clear night, it may seem louder than others.

So many factors, but if they weren't warned about it then that is pathetic from Barcelona

Solution: U2 will rehearse at my apartment from now on. I mean, we did get a noise complaint at a party once, but my pal and I play music here all the time and no one ever complains.

how do I write Bono and invite him to my place??

Well, they do have every right to fine U2. Again, like stated above, IF they warned them. I really doubt it would dent Bono's wallet one bit. But, I see it as a two way street. Fine them if they broke rules. If they were not warned, the eff off.

SMB

meh, it's gonna happen in Milan for the noise of two nights only. I think they are used to it.

They give u2 the rights to play there, and when they do they want to fine them, its like saying to a dog, fetch the ball, the dog fetches the ball and you shoot it.

Since U2 will have a few weeks off before starting Sept. 12th in Chicago it is conceivable they'll rehearse at Soldier Field for a day or two.

I can already see the :drool:on Mayor Daley's face. New noise regulations to increase city revenue in Chicago! Watch out U2, Rich Daley will find a way to increase your cost of playing in Chicago. And if he cannot find a way to get you to pay he'll turn the burden over the concertgoers.

They give u2 the rights to play there, and when they do they want to fine them, its like saying to a dog, fetch the ball, the dog fetches the ball and you shoot it.

No it's like telling a dog to fetch the ball and then him giving it back to you in pieces.

U2 were most likely given a limit, they broke it, they pay a fine and it's all done. I think u2 would of known they'd get it, I mean the fine won't break the bank for them

Back
Top Bottom