No sleep club II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carek1230 said:
I do, but I am on Azithromycin now
:hug:

are you allergic to penicillin, carek? the 'mycin' family are ones i take as i am allergic to penicillins. did i mention my story with penicillin on here (any forum) recently? a few weeks ago a doctor gave me a script for helicobacter assuring me none of the 3 tablets were penicillin. 2 hours after the course was finished my arms started getting itchy. 2 days after the course was finished, my reaction was so bad i was in hospital getting drugs in an IV to stop my neck from swelling further. i have now learned that each reaction will be worse than the last and it is eventually fatal.
:yikes:
i've only had penicillin twice in my life. 2nd was way worse than the first. i dread to think what a 3rd time would be like.

hope you feel better soon carek.

Angela Harlem said:

:hug:

are you allergic to penicillin, carek? the 'mycin' family are ones i take as i am allergic to penicillins. did i mention my story with penicillin on here (any forum) recently? a few weeks ago a doctor gave me a script for helicobacter assuring me none of the 3 tablets were penicillin. 2 hours after the course was finished my arms started getting itchy. 2 days after the course was finished, my reaction was so bad i was in hospital getting drugs in an IV to stop my neck from swelling further. i have now learned that each reaction will be worse than the last and it is eventually fatal.
:yikes:
i've only had penicillin twice in my life. 2nd was way worse than the first. i dread to think what a 3rd time would be like.

hope you feel better soon carek.

Thanks, I am feeling better. This antibiotic I am taking is a strong one, and the Dr called in a refill for another 5 days just to make sure it kills off all bacteria. I don't know if I want to go another 5 days though. The only thing I noticed is when I take it no matter if on an empty or semi full stomach, my stomach gets this burning sensation for about 20 mins then it goes away. And my scalp is itchy with some red spots along my hair line. This happened with a real strong antibiotic I took for ear infection years ago. I have taken penicillin and have no allergy to it. That's a scary story Angela....hope you're OK.

The coughing is getting a wee bit better today so I do feel on the mend. I slept better last night.

What's the pain patch you've got, Doozer?

it is helping me sleep. the pain is still pretty intense but at least i am not waking up in the middle of the night. and the nodding off happens alot so i am not sure how long i am going to use the patches.

The patch is a 25mg Duragesic.

Here is the web info:

The DURAGESIC® (fentanyl transdermal system) CII patch is a strong prescription pain medication for moderate to severe chronic pain that can provide long-lasting relief from persistent pain.

Through its innovative patch technology, DURAGESIC delivers fentanyl, an opioid pain medication, into the body slowly through the skin, where it works to relieve pain for up to 3 days (72 hours).

Last edited:
Oh wow, that sounds intense. I wouldn't like that nodding off feeling during the daytime. Too bad you can't just use the patch at night. If I really have trouble sleeping I usually chew 2-3 Melatonin tablets about 1/2 hr before bed or when I climb into bed with a book and never fails I nod off.....or I will take Tylenol PM or Excedrin PM. I don't like sleeping pills, I've not found one yet that doesn't leave me feeling groggy the next day and they make me snore real bad.

despite having the arthritis, i have never been one to give in to the need for pain meds so that tells you how bad the last few weeks have been. even after i filled the prescription i was still unsure about using something so strong but i needed something. i have a month supply but i don't know how long i will use them even though it indicates it is not for temporary use.

arthritis sucks, I feel your pain. I have it really bad in my left ankle and foot and my knees are getting bad along with my upper back. Why does this happen to us?

:hug: :hug: for both you great ladies :wink: my mum has arthritis in her knees mainly and a little in her hands :(

I really wish i could get those melatonin tabs Carek - sounds like they work very well :yes: :up:

I bet that's a long list Karen :wink: i'll remember to mention it nearer the time oh i realised it's exactly 8 months on Monday when you leave!!!! :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom