Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will add tomorrow evening. What do you play anyways? I highly doubt we've got any of the same games, but I plan on picking up some new ones soon.

Downloaded Infamous, played it for about five minutes, holy shit, I'm in love. I hate hate hate working 6AM-3PM, but the weekend begins tomorrow and then shit shall truly get down.

Team Fortress 2 is now totally free to download/play. I've been playing for a few years on some West Coast servers, and highly recommend it. :up:

bono_212 said:
Will add tomorrow evening. What do you play anyways? I highly doubt we've got any of the same games, but I plan on picking up some new ones soon.

Downloaded Infamous, played it for about five minutes, holy shit, I'm in love. I hate hate hate working 6AM-3PM, but the weekend begins tomorrow and then shit shall truly get down.

Mainly NHL. But I have black ops, among a few other online games. I think I'll now have more interferencer friends on the PSN than friends that I've actually met :laugh:

Yeah, I'm not playing PSN-friendly games right now...Resistance 1 and Modern Warfare 1, excellent games but not exactly hot titles, as well as God of War 3, which isn't multiplayer. But still, feel free to add.

TF2 is the best multiplayer game ever. Everyone should definitely take advantage of the free-to-play model and at least try it out for a few solid hours to actually get into the rhythms of the game and see how you like it.

Infamous is fun. I'll definitely get Infamous 2 at some point.

Glad to hear it. Ever get the account worked out?

That Saint's Row video was pretty entertaining. I've only ever seen the first game in that series being played, and it was essentially a straight up GTA clone, so it looks like they've realized they can't compete and went in a completely different direction since then. Sorta get a bit of identity crisis from it (more Dead Rising than GTA now?), but it looks like it could still be fun.

I've really been loving Trenched the last week. Crazy how good some of these cheap download only games have become. this $15 Xbox Live game is better than a huge percentage of full $60 games.

Speaking of which, I'm also shocked how good some iPad games are.

I need to. I almost bought it for $15 off of Xbox Live a few times, so the much lower price on iPad would be awesome.

That Saint's Row video was pretty entertaining. I've only ever seen the first game in that series being played, and it was essentially a straight up GTA clone, so it looks like they've realized they can't compete and went in a completely different direction since then. Sorta get a bit of identity crisis from it (more Dead Rising than GTA now?), but it looks like it could still be fun.

I haven't played the first one, delved straight into the second when it came out, but from what I've heard it's changed a lot between the two. I guess now the aim is pure ridiculous fun and customisation, just making full use of the sandbox genre. I suppose it could be called a mixture of Dead Rising and GTA now, but it certainly has its own flavour too. If the controls and graphics have improved from the second one, it could be something real special. I really recommend the second, if you see it cheap it's worth picking up.

I think that a game that's not pretending to be anything but pure, immature mayhem is just what I need. :) I'll probably buy the new one.

inFamous is still fun, I like jumping off of roofs. Fallout Vegas patiently waiting on-deck....

I'm in love with inFamous, though I'm kind of disappointed that its really just a glorified shooter when you think about it. But, generally? Loooove.

Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is supposedly up for anyone with Play Station Plus today (which is most everyone, because of the month of Plus from the "welcome back" program right now). If anyone somehow can't get it from Plus and is interested, I have an extra code. Let me know.

I've never played Uncharted, but I won't say no to actually using this PS+ membership for something.

Oh? Shit, better get on this while I'm at it. And finding the beta was pretty easy, installing now.

Uncharted 3 beta is buggy as hell, was completely destroying everyone then PS3 froze think I'll give up for today. Although i think starting the game off with a quad-kill is enough for me to retire on :lol:

You know my deep dark secret now, of course, John. That I fucking suck at these types of games. Especially team death match. After you got kicked off I think I died about 10 more times.

Question about Wii; mine is not reading the discs anymore and I wonder if the games that are inside the unit (Galaga, etc) will be gone once I replace it....? I've actually never heard of anyone having problems with their Wii player.

Pretty sure you can insert a SD card and move everything on the Wii's harddrive to it. When I had a Wii, it broke about 3 days after I purchased it.

I didn't even bother with the SD card for my purchased games when we sold my Wii, since Travis had one too, because id been told they don't transfer over. I'll be pissed if that's not true. I had about $50 of DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom