Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks, LeMac. At least you'll finally be able to redeem the codes for the PS3 exclusive mission and such. There's also some free Noire content on the PSN Store (a gun or suit or both, can't remember), so check that out. I bought the Rockstar Pass and downloaded all the content (despite that I haven't played the game in over a week), pretty good deal while it's still $10.

Yes, there is a silver lining. I'm iffy on the Rockstar pass since it includes 2 of the DLCs/downloads that I already have.

Plus, I'm saving money for the Back to the Future games. Played the first part on my Mac and it was a pretty solid point-and-click adventure game. Speaking of Rockstar, they'd make a kickass BTTF sandbox game, especially taking the more stream-lined narrative of L.A. Noire into consideration.

E3 is underway, I think.

I am so out of the loop when it comes to all the news on gaming. Here are the scheduled conferences/times.

Konami- Today, 5PMUS/PST
AU: June 7, 10:00am AEST
UK: June 7, 1:00am BST

EA: June 6. 12:30US/PST
AU: June 7, 5:30am AEST
UK: June 7, 8:30 pm BST

Ubisoft: June 6, 2:30US/PST
AU, June 7, 7:30am AEST
UK, June 7, 10:30 pm BST

Sony: June 6, 5:00pm US/PST
AU: June 7, 10:00am AEST
UK: June 7, 1:00am BST

Microsoft: June 6, 9:30am US/PST
AU: June 7, 2:30am AEST
UK: June 7, 5:30pm BST

Nintendo: June 7, 9:00am US/PST
AU: June 8, 2:00am AEST
UK: June 7, 5:00pm BST

Minecraft 1.6 beta is out today.

Craftable fuckin' maps, bitches.

JZq7L.jpg

I love Minecraft, but I only just got into it a week ago. I'm waiting to download AdventureCraft once it has been updated to 1.6 compatibility, because I have been looking forward to playing some of the cool maps, like the Zelda stuff.

How many people on Interference play it? We should get a U2 server going. Build a giant PopMart stage. :lol: :wink:

I love Minecraft, but I only just got into it a week ago. I'm waiting to download AdventureCraft once it has been updated to 1.6 compatibility, because I have been looking forward to playing some of the cool maps, like the Zelda stuff.

How many people on Interference play it? We should get a U2 server going. Build a giant PopMart stage. :lol: :wink:
I think there are only about 3 or 4 at the moment.

In other gaming news, the Xbox 360 Lineup for E3 has leaked, and beyond a new Halo sequel and remake.....I sure hope you like shitty Kinect games!!!!

Modern Warfare 3

Halo 4

Halo Anniversary

AND A WHOLE LOT OF KINECT!

Dance Central 2

Ryse

Kinect Sports: Season 2

Sesame Street

Disneyland Kinect

Kinect Star Wars

Kinect Fun Labs

Kinect Sparkler

Kinect Me

Kinect Last.FM

The list doesn't even include the new Alan Wake game, etc. A couple games listed on the front page of a website that was taken down is hardly a "confirmed line up". The press conference is going on now anyways.

Kinect is great and has sold fantastically, of course they're going to push it. :shrug:

And what do you know, their second game in the press conference is already wrong for your posted E3 lineup. Woo, for unconfirmed crap.

Sorry to get the Microsoft contingent all butthurt :heart: Two words for you: LIGHTSABER ONNNNNNN!!!!

This E3 is pretty blah so far, after watching both MS and Sony pressers. I guess you can get a little jazzed about the Vita price point, but, meh.

Hopefully Nintendo brings something wonderful or ridiculous with the new console announcement. :hmm:

The Skyrim gameplay video with Dragons and such spoke to me; it cooed softly in my ear.

Definitely am playing Minecraft, although the single player's getting a little dull. (Still worth the $20, though. And gave me more replayability than Portal 2) A server sounds great, although the problem is, of course, always who gets it started.

Skyrim definitely looked like the most potentially fun game of the conferences so far.

I'm really underwhelmed with most of the games I've seen though. It's all shooting, shooting sequels, racing, and more shooting. Sometimes a few colorful games slip through the cracks but it's either for little kids or you get a brief 30 second trailer sandwiched in between another 10 minute demo of War Game 93852

I have to say that all those war games bore the living shit out of me. Nothing new there, just the same old crap over and over again, yawn.

But that's just me, kids. Maybe people hear me babble about GOW and think the same shit.

Just downloaded a minecraft server. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it all, but I made sure I had a computer that could run/play and support anyone on here that wants to join. I'm thinking of calling it Zooropa :wink: I'm going to make it whitelist only so just give me your minecraft usernames and I'll input them into the server configurations.

Is there any particular seed I should use for the world? Maybe something U2 related to write in? It can be anything; numbers, letters, whatever.

Also I can make it so we can fly around if anyone has downloaded the fly/no-clip mod.

- ME3 looks fucking great and I don't think anything can go wrong with it and even the Kinect implementation is cool and appropriate, holy tits son!
- Gears 3 still looks real damn nice.
- I've never played a Rayman game in my life but Rayman: Origins looks absolutely delicious.
- Bioshock: Infinite looks terrific, even though its art style is deviantArt all over.
- Why the fuck is Prototype 2 also set in Manhattan? And why is it exactly the same game? Seriously, that series oozes potential and the developers are fucking blind to it.
- blah modern blah war blah brown blah shooters blah SO REAL blah

Aside from Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 (two drastically different games for anyone who's ever played either franchise), I can't think of another "war shooter" that's been shown (maybe Ghost Recon, which is also night and day different than the other two previously mentioned games), unless you think Uncharted, Gears, Mass Effect, and Halo are war shooters.

I think today I may watch E3 for the first time (shocking, I know). I want to see what this Nintendo's all about.

I was excited for this "original game" Nintendo had to offer, until Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced as their killer app.

At least we have Mario And Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games to look forward to, as well as this asshat eventually shutting up. Predicted Nintendo Current launch titles: Waverace 3, Goldeneye: Deluxe, Yoshi's Story: All-Play, Madden 4 U.

I'm glad they bothered to show any gameplay from Skyward Sword and Ocarina 3D...oh wait...they didn't.

Fucking computer crashed right as they were making some "big deal" announcement. Hope I didn't miss something cool.

bono_212 said:
Fucking computer crashed right as they were making some "big deal" announcement. Hope I didn't miss something cool.

We did not.

Why the fuck is the new controller an iPad?

What the hell is wrong with these people? They took the Wii and made it a giant DS?

Eh, color me intrigued.

Most importantly: they didn't create anything new.

Then again, Call of Duty 24367843234567345678765432345: Modern Warfare 456743456 is one of the most anticipated games at E3, so I guess that's what makes waves.

Yeah, I will admit to being thrilled about the new Smash Bros. announcement. It's the only thing that really jumped out at me either way, though the new Zelda, girly Link model aside, looks pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom