Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #886
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I played the same one about 100 times because
This is exactly what I hate about them, haha. It's ok once or twice, but gets so annoying later on. Far too difficult to actually get the gold medals in, or whatever they're called, compared to all the other events. Did you play the Burnout series previously? Same developer. As far as pure fun goes, Burnout can't be beat for car games.

We need to do more Vietnam.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #887
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM
No one playing Gran Turismo? It's a lot more realistic and therefore not just pure fun but I'm loving this game.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #888
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
This is exactly what I hate about them, haha. It's ok once or twice, but gets so annoying later on. Far too difficult to actually get the gold medals in, or whatever they're called, compared to all the other events. Did you play the Burnout series previously? Same developer. As far as pure fun goes, Burnout can't be beat for car games.
It was annoying, but in a fun way. The particular track took less than 2 minutes to complete, so it wasnt too bad. I actually had a lot of fun trying to better my score until I surpassed the dreaded Atomic Sneeze. Turns out I just needed to use a sweet short cut. Some of the higher level time trials are nearly impossible to get anything better than a silver at this point though. I also played the shit out of the McLaren time trial race on the windy road. That one was pretty intense. I felt like I was a second away from losing control the entire time.
I havent played burnout. As a matter of fact, besides Mario Kart, I can't even remember the last racing game I played. I'll check it out, but maybe I'll wait till it's an el cheapo

Quote:

We need to do more Vietnam.
Indeed we do. I hope the new map is a big one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
No one playing Gran Turismo? It's a lot more realistic and therefore not just pure fun but I'm loving this game.
I think the realism is what turned me off of Gran Turismo. I find it more tedious than fun, but to each his own. A friend has it and really likes it. I'm a graphics whore, so maybe I'll give it a fair shake
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #889
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM
The graphics are epic yes. I was watching a video on youtube and there were people who thought it was real footage at first.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #890
Blue Meth Addict

Aren't they kind of a mix bag graphics wise though? Some pretty old and clunky looking courses and cars, mixed with some phenomenal looking courses and cars.

Hot Pursuit looks great, by the way. I really love it's graphic style and cool looking country side environment.

Sad Punk, I was just given some cash by a friend, and immediately ordered Vanquish. It should arrive Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #891
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Aren't they kind of a mix bag graphics wise though? Some pretty old and clunky looking courses and cars, mixed with some phenomenal looking courses and cars.
This is what I've heard as well. Some of the more common cars look sort of shitty whereas the high end ones look awesome.

I like the wet pavement effect in NFS
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #892
ONE
love, blood, life

I think the time trials in single player might be my favourite part
Even though it's a ton of fun in multiplayer, I find the hot pursuit mode in single player to be a bit annoying. There are too many people bashing into you and you're never really able to get going
Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #893
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I played a bunch tonight and I don't mind the time trials. It's a nice break from people smashing into you all the time. I played the same one about 100 times because I was determined to beat Atomic Sneeze's best time (who is that, by the way? I'm pretty sure it's someone from here). I got super addicted tonight and had a nfs marathon. I didn't think I'd like a racing game so much
Atomic_Sneeze is me :P
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #894
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
Atomic_Sneeze is me :P
You've got some times to beat

K, I'm not even quite sure what this is, but it has me in tears. Something to do with the Tony Hawk game on Kinect. It cracks me up because of how dumb it is

YouTube - Skate 3 - Bird Man
Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #895
Blue Meth Addict

Wow, that is something else. There haven't been any Kinect skateboarding games, so that was actually from Skate 3, apparently.

Played through the first 40% of Vanquish in one sitting this weekend, it's a great deal of fun. Addicting stuff.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #896
Blue Meth Addict

New Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Details - PC News at IGN

The latest issue of Game Informer contains fresh gameplay details on Bethesda's next massive title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, set for release this November.

Skyrm's story is set 200 years after the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and the world of Tamriel is in shambles. The empire has fallen to the elves, the Blades are gone, the Nords hate each other, and a civil war is about the break out. Oh, and that big dragon the Elder Scrolls prophesied about? Yeah, he's arrived, too. Players will take control of the last remaining Dragonborn, a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat.

Bethesda's newest title features a brand-spanking new engine where every object in the game now casts a shadow as well as improved draw-distances. Textures are sharper and more detailed and the environments are livelier. There's also the addition of a HUD-less first-person view and "improved" third-person camera option.

There will be five massive cities that span Skyrim's environment, which ranges from frozen tundra to rocky mountain tops. There is also new wildlife, such as Sabre-toothed Cats and Wooly Mammoths.

The combat is getting a bit of an overhaul, too. Players will be able to equip any weapon or spell to either hand at any time and even duel wield two of the same weapon. A new customizable menu is being added to help swap load-outs easily in battle.

Bethesda has also done away with the character class system and reworked the game's leveling mechanic. Players' skills will level up the more they are used, contributing to your overall level growth. "Raising one skill from 34 to 35 is going to level you faster than raising one from 11 to 12," Bethesda designer Todd Howard told the magazine. Players can also level pass 50, but it becomes much slower after that point.

The team has also added Fallout 3's perk system, where each new level gained allows players to add special abilities to their character, including increase in damage to dagger stealth attacks or allowing your mace to ignore enemy armor.

Skyrim's NPC conversations are a lot more realistic. Aside from including even more voice actors, the AI-controlled characters will actually move about and continue on with the activities they were doing before being interrupted. Towns also include more activities to do, such farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking.

Bethesda also revamped the game's menu system. Howard said the team used Apple's iTunes as inspiration and direction. Players will be greeted with a compass-style overlay with four options: Skill, Inventory, Map, and Magic. Weapons and spells can be tagged as a 'favorite' for quick selection. Every item is a 3D object than can be viewed and examined.

Check out the latest issue of Game Informer for additional details.

Skyrim is set for release on November 11, 2011 for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #897
ONE
love, blood, life

u2popmofo delivers!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #898
Blue Meth Addict

PS3 only people, you owe it to yourselves to buy Mass Effect 2 when it releases next week. 360 and PC people, be ashamed of yourselves if you haven't already been playing this franchise.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #899
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 PM
A guy from work keeps raving about Mass Effect and about #2, so I might have to order it. (He's an Xbox man obviously)

On another note for PS3 people, do any of you guys have NBA 2k11 and play online? my psn is poptart87. I wouldn't mind starting a league, but I guess that depends on numbers.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #900
Blue Meth Addict

I know Headache in a Suitcase does.

Tags
video games