The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent got Bioshock 2 yet, but I cant wait to check it out. Was a bit disappointed to hear that the graphics arent quite as good as the original though. how is that even possible?? Also, I hear that Heavy Rain is supposed to be very different and very awesome

JT, I think they're supposed to be just as good as the original, it's just that it's not as impressive however many years later as we've seen fancier looking games now. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit, just going to be a little bit before I can get to it.

Yeah, Heavy Rain is getting considerably better reviews than I was expecting. I may have to check it out, it's always nice to play something completely different if it's done well.

Sort of a thriller I guess, trying to hunt down some sort of serial killer. The gameplay looks really different. The demo went up in the PSN Store yesterday, I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.

Anyone play Warhammer here? I can't get the trial to work and I want to know if I should bother just dropping some cash to get the full version?

There aren't man PC gamers here, Clarity, so I'm not sure if anyone can provide any opinions.

Beav, is Cursed Mountain a Wii game?

I'm really close to finishing up Assassin's Creed 2, I liked it a great deal more than the first one. MUCH more diverse and fun. The game has been so long though, that I've sorta gotten burnt out on it regardless of it being a FAR better game than the first one. Still, I'm really impressed with how they fixed pretty much all of the problems from the first game.

It's a wii game, yes. It's atmospherically good - pretty creepy - but like a lot of Wii games, I find the controls a little clunky. And it's really dark - I had to jack the lighting up to the max just to see what was going on. The story is pretty cool too. Sherpas, mountains, ghosts, Tibet. So far as good.

After playing PS3 and 360 on the HD, it's strange to regress to the Wii graphics.

Haha, yeah, I dug out my Wii and played through House of the Dead: Overkill last weekend, and I kept thinking "I forgot how terrible the Wii looks". If the system was at least able to do HD, it would look so much better. Look at how good the God of War Collection games looked just having the resolutions upped to HD from last generation. Too bad the Wii can't even do that.

That Silent Hill that came out on the Wii last year is supposed to be really good. I still want to play through the Wii's Dead Space game at some point, probably wait until it's really inexpensive.

I'm really close to finishing up Assassin's Creed 2, I liked it a great deal more than the first one. MUCH more diverse and fun. The game has been so long though, that I've sorta gotten burnt out on it regardless of it being a FAR better game than the first one. Still, I'm really impressed with how they fixed pretty much all of the problems from the first game.

May I ask where you're up to? Thought it was a great game too, agreed that they improved on the original an enormous deal. It was pretty damn long, though, but the ending is kind of worth it.

Playing Dante's Inferno at the moment. Not bad, although it's a bit repetitive and some of the puzzles are ridiculous, the difficulty is pretty inconsistent. Still a good rental.

Anyone here play Borderlands? Enjoyed what of it I've played.

May I ask where you're up to? Thought it was a great game too, agreed that they improved on the original an enormous deal. It was pretty damn long, though, but the ending is kind of worth it.

Playing Dante's Inferno at the moment. Not bad, although it's a bit repetitive and some of the puzzles are ridiculous, the difficulty is pretty inconsistent. Still a good rental.

Anyone here play Borderlands? Enjoyed what of it I've played.

I just finished DNA segment 10 last night, so I only have 11 and 14 left and should finish it this weekend. Glad to hear the ending is good, I look forward to seeing it!

I've heard Dante's Inferno has some incredibly frustrating moments.

I love Borderlands! I finished the main game, all the side quests, and the first DLC. Which system are you playing on, Sad Punk? I can't remember if I have you added as a friend or not.

If you have an older "fat" PS3, it may very well have turned into a paperweight last night without you knowing.

PlayStation 3 Suffering From Widespread PSN Error - PS3 News at IGN

Essentially, the internal clocks in the older PS3's screwed up world wide yesterday. Supposedly they attempted to check to see if it was Leap Year, and reset to 1999, somehow making it impossible to log into the PSN network, making most trophy games completely unplayable, corrupting a lot of things downloaded from PSN, etc, etc, etc. Sony hasn't responded since late last night. Most technically savvy people in forums are saying it's a hardware issue, and there's likely no way a firmware download or update will solve it.

Supposedly the newer slims are working just fine (as are the "newer" model fat PS3s (L and P models). I have a P, it was still working last night, but I'm scared to even turn it on now. This could be a major disaster for Sony if it really is a hardware issue.

PS3-1.gif

:laugh:

When you're home, check your model. If it's a slim, L, or a P, it should be fine (I think the L's were the Killzone / Metal Gear bundle, P was the Uncharted bundle). If it's an older model, don't turn it on. Sony's apparently asked for everyone to leave them off if they haven't turned it on yet, to avoid any sort of issues with corrupted files. Hopefully they can fix it with firmware, if not, I can't even imagine what the wait will be like when every single person with the old style PS3 sends theirs in to be repaired at the same time.

I had the problem last night and assumed, much like Hitler, that the servers were just down or having maintenance done... fuuuuuck :(

Yeah, this is pretty terrible for everyone involved if they can't come up with a decent solution. Nothing like spending $400-500 for something, just to have it completely die on you because the company that built it completely screwed up the hardware. Particularly if they can't fix some of the corrupted data people have received from it. Can you imagine if you had hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of games on the hard drive, and lost it all?

ya, at the very least I dont have any downloaded games or DLC. If the system ends up being useless, I would assume Sony is liable since they're the ones who broke it

j67hqe.jpg

Supposedly it's working again for some people. Apparently the clock only messed up for the 1st, and fixed itself on the second GST. Check your trophies and game saves, you may have lost some or have corrupted files now.

Yeah, somehow the clock magically fixed itself on the 2nd, and only people who tried to do crazy round about things should have corrupted data. Sony lucked out in a major way.

Is anyone getting Battlefield?

I will be getting Battlefield next week (hopefully), after getting paid. It took considerable restraint to not pick it up today.. but I need to wait. It looks fantastic and I'm glad they fixed a few issues from the first. Looks like they focused things a bit more.

That being said, I heard the servers for the game are down right now. Glad I didn't pick it up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom