The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone with PS3's here needs to get Uncharted 2 so we can have an Interference-only death match.

I finished that Flower game yesterday, still shocked how much I liked it considering it was $5 and about flowers..... I apparently am now a hippie. :(

Everyone with PS3's here needs to get Uncharted 2 so we can have an Interference-only death match.

I finished that Flower game yesterday, still shocked how much I liked it considering it was $5 about about flowers. I apparently am now a hippie. :(

My copy of Uncharted 2 should arrive by the end of the week.

I'm all about death matches.

Arkham is Awesome. I spend way too much wandering around looking for Riddler puzzles. And I will do just about anything for an excuse to glide kick a sucka.

I like how new gadgets become available as you progress. And, yes, grappling onto a fucking ledge then glide kicking your way back down is endless fun.

Do I have your PS3 gamer tag???

I don't like how the PS3 doesn't come with headphones. THe chances of me actually going out and buying them are low, cause I'm cheap and shit. I kinda wanted to play little big planet with someone else, but I put that shit on ebay cause I didn't like it all that much. Annoyed the fuck outta me.

I don't like how the PS3 doesn't come with headphones. THe chances of me actually going out and buying them are low, cause I'm cheap and shit. I kinda wanted to play little big planet with someone else, but I put that shit on ebay cause I didn't like it all that much. Annoyed the fuck outta me.

You're too lazy to get the headphones after work or something, but took the time to post the fucking game on e-bay and then ship it when bought?

You

Are

a

Dick.

I just got Little Big Planet over the holidays and while I'd not play it obsessively like other games, it is a really fun game.

You're too lazy to get the headphones after work or something, but took the time to post the fucking game on e-bay and then ship it when bought?

You

Are

a

Dick.

I just got Little Big Planet over the holidays and while I'd not play it obsessively like other games, it is a really fun game.

I said I was too cheap, not lazy. I don't play online, so I don't want to buy them. However, since you clowns play online, I would think it'd be fun to join in now and then, but being cheap, that will be an issue. Unless we play on XBOX. I found those headphones, by the way. Typing sucked, man.

I am down to play on either system, if we have games in common.

As you know, I played a lot of GOW2 with Scumbo as well as my friends and his friends as well. Always fun.

Does Arkham have multiplayer? That'd be awesome to have 16 people just trying to glide kick each other. Or throwing batarangs and blowing up glass.

I have GOW2 and NHL as well. Halo 3....ummm, Half life Orange Box.

Does Arkham have multiplayer? That'd be awesome to have 16 people just trying to glide kick each other. Or throwing batarangs and blowing up glass.

I have GOW2 and NHL as well. Halo 3....ummm, Half life Orange Box.

I don't know if Arkham has multi-player or not.....I have it on Xbox, for the record.

Do you ever play GOW2?

I finished that Flower game yesterday, still shocked how much I liked it considering it was $5 and about flowers..... I apparently am now a hippie. :(

What is the flower game? Have you played Braid on XBOX? It's friggin amazing.

I don't know if Arkham has multi-player or not.....I have it on Xbox, for the record.

Do you ever play GOW2?

I just finished the single player game a few weeks ago. I've never played online, no. I'd be more than happy to though.

Then let's play GoW2 soon. I haven't played in 4 months or so.

Scumbo will be down, I'm sure. We can play some (w)Horde and kill wave after wave of aliens.

I don't like how the PS3 doesn't come with headphones

If you're one of those douche bags who walk around with the cellphone bluetooth headset in your ear all day, you can use that with your ps3. or if your cellphone came with one and its still in the package because you value your dignity and you arent an asshole, you can use that. Any old bluetooth headset will work with ps3

And no, Arkham Asylum doesnt have multiplayer :( I hope they add it to the new one they're working on

If you're one of those douche bags who walk around with the cellphone bluetooth headset in your ear all day, you can use that with your ps3. or if your cellphone came with one and its still in the package because you value your dignity and you arent an asshole, you can use that. Any old bluetooth headset will work with ps3

And no, Arkham Asylum doesnt have multiplayer :( I hope they add it to the new one they're working on

My phone has a little blue tooth headset built into it, it sorta pops in and out of the back. That you can use it with a PS3 means I may actually have use for it. Awesome. Thanks, I didn't know about that.

Once you Nancies get Uncharted 2, we can do (w)hording on that on there as well. (I've already enjoyed playing that with TE and JT separately)

I've yet to actually use the headset I purchased for PS3, sorta wishing I wouldn't have bought it as I use a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound headset for gaming, and I couldn't use that mic while wearing it anyways. I'd be happy to sell it for as cheaply as someone wants to pay for if anyone wants it. It's out of the package, but has never been used. I think I still have the instructions for it as well.

I played Braid, Beav, but didn't seem to enjoy it as much as others did. There were a few puzzles towards the end that I never would have figured out without reading how they were done. That sorta thing annoys me. Flower is a game where you play a flower petal flying around with the PS3's six-axis controls crap and you um....open other flowers and light things up or something. On paper, it sounds like the lamest thing ever, but I was really impressed by the atmosphere and.....(gasp) symbolism in the ending of the game. It won Spike's VGA awards for best independent game, or downloadable game, or something like that. It was on sale for $5 during the holidays, not sure how much it's going for right now. $8 or $10 or so I think. It's probably a "love or hate" type game though, but it did win a number of end of year awards around the net for what it's worth. Tiger Edge played it too, and she enjoyed it as well from what I remember. By the way, I finally remembered to send you a friend request on PSN yesterday.

Speaking of friend requests.... Peefer, what happened over the holidays? Never got that invite.

Did someone say Gears 2?

Beav, I know Lance and I both have The Orange Box as well.

Flower was good fun. Whenever I take my PS3 out on the road it's something I always make all the old people play and they seem to love it. Although I should say after 5 minutes they ask "So what's the point of this?" because they can't follow directions and continue to crash into rocks and go in never-ending circles.
Dunno if it was worth $10 completely, but it was good clean fun and relaxing. A nice break to take from all the shoot-em-ups.

I bought the cheapest Bluetooth headset Amazon had to offer, but I've only ever used it for COD4. I should use it with Uncharted because people tend to be much more chatty there than COD4. :up:
The first time I used it these little pre-teen English punks didn't believe I was 23 because I didn't sound like "my balls had dropped yet."
oi54sk.gif

I've yet to actually use the headset I purchased for PS3, sorta wishing I wouldn't have bought it as I use a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound headset for gaming, and I couldn't use that mic while wearing it anyways. I'd be happy to sell it for as cheaply as someone wants to pay for if anyone wants it. It's out of the package, but has never been used. I think I still have the instructions for it as well.

Did you put it in your ear?

Son of a bitch! That MW2 rental needs to go back tomorrow. I can't take this. He's been on my PS3 all day and all night. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

He's just lucky I've been wrapped up in this Conan business, but come tomorrow I want to shoot some thieves in the face. :angry:

Cool Uncharted 2 news:

January 28
Demo (free)
Additional content pack 1 (free)
- Multiplayer Skins from Resistance 2, Infamous, and Killzone 2 characters

February 25
Additional content pack 2 (price TBA)
- Two Multiplayer maps, one from Uncharted 1’s ruins
- Multiplayer skins from Uncharted

April 15
Additional content pack 3 (price TBA)
- Multiplayer cooperative mode