The Android Invasion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd go for the EVO, if you're worried about the StraightTalk service. It's coming with Ice Cream Sandwich when it ships on Virgin Mobile, right? It may not be pure android, but it's better than nothing.

But the GalNex is a fine phone, as well.

Yes it is coming with ICS. yeah, after doing a lot of research lady night, it doesn't really look like the Gnex is that much better than the Evo, if at all. The specs and screen size are about the same. I might as well stay with Virgin. Plus their 4g is unlimited.

Headache, how does 4G compare to wifi? yeah, this unlimited 4G is intriguing. I'd love to listen to Spotify on the way to work, but it's so laggy on 3G.

Ps. Headache, have you tried Paranoid Android ROM for the GNEX? After seeing it, I may have just changed my mind and decided to go with the GNEX instead of the Evo 3d.

Headache, how does 4G compare to wifi? yeah, this unlimited 4G is intriguing. I'd love to listen to Spotify on the way to work, but it's so laggy on 3G.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II on AT&T 4g lte

my experience is the wifi is better than the 4g lte

but the 4g lte is very good, I use tunein app to listen to a lot of public radio and podcasts, they very rarely drop

I also use Tunein, very good app. I finally decided to root my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G from Sprint. Flashed an ICS Rom (Blu Kuban Rom)

welp, looks like I'm getting the Galaxy Nexus through Sprint tonight. Target is selling it for $99 with a 2 year contract. Plus, I get 25% off their plans through my work. I'm also picking my wife up the Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch for $99 as well. :)

Wow now that is a deal!! congrats Mikal. Enjoy the new phones. The GS2 is an awesome phone.

And I ended up throwing myself a curve ball. I ended up getting the galaxy S2 as well. After holding both phones and paying with the display, it just felt better.

I plan on rooting and flashing ICS. :)

I can send you a link on how to easily root your phone with one click pretty much if you want?

One word of Advice, you must be on a Gingerbread rom in order to flash an ICS sandwhich rom and if you are on an ICS rom and want to try a new ICS rom, you must go back to a Gingerbread rom first.

Justin24 said:
One word of Advice, you must be on a Gingerbread rom in order to flash an ICS sandwhich rom and if you are on an ICS rom and want to try a new ICS rom, you must go back to a Gingerbread rom first.

Interesting! I wonder if that will get fixed when the official ICS rollout happens. I pretty much expect to be set with aokp for a while though.

Cool! Yeah rooting with Odin looks pretty ready. I'm actually gonna play around with stock for a couple days before flashing anything. This is such a huge upgrade from what I had that I'm just having too much fun. Lol!

Justin, I'm running Blue Kuban now. Absolutely love the extra From features! So lets say I want to try a different ics rom, which gb rom do you normally flash first? Also, some roms suggest flashing a kernel with Odin before flashing, is that necessary?

I would probably use Odin to avoid bricking your phone. I made a backup of my phone when I rooted it, so I just go back to that, I might download a GB rom, but the rooted one I have is fine since it would be temp anyways if I were going to another ICS rom.

What I like about Blu Kuban is the fact that it has a rom updater so any features you need are right there to flash.

Yeah, it looks like Odin is pretty cool. I was asking around at XDA, and it looks like I have to flash the EL26 kernel in Odin before flashing a new ICS ROM.

So do you personally just restore your back up instead of using Odin? I made a rooted back up right away too, so I thought it might just be easier to restore my original back up (EL29) and then just flash a new ICS ROM.

And yes, it might be hard to leave the Blue Kuban. Sooooo many options in this ROM. It looks like S-Voice is in there. All the boot animations are great as well. :)

So I asked qb77 about the gb ics romantic flashing since some don't require you to flash back to gb and he said correct just use Odin to flash the el26 kernel and flash even on a ics rom. Might try it out

yeah, from what I've gathered, these are the steps:

1. Use Odin to flash EL26 Kernel
2. As the phone auto reboots, hold Power+Vol Up
3. In Recovery, backup, wipe, flash ROM
4. Enjoy!

Aokp is nice, but I'm going to wait for theme chooser to work properly. Currently it causes boot loops.

you can buy the galaxy nexus through the google play store and use it with a prepaid

Thanks, I ended up biting the bullet and got a Sprint contract and picked up the Galaxy S2. My work has a new Sprint discount that gives me over 30% off. Couldn't pass that up! Got the S2 for $99, hard to beat. :)

I get a company discount too

I got the Galaxy S 2 last Nov and with AT&T
I have unlimited data, a carryover from 2007 contract, total cost with all addons and taxes is $70 a month. I never worry about running out of anything.

Back
Top Bottom