New Apple product/updates - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:19 AM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:14 AM
So, I'm patiently saving to get one of the 'new' Macbooks.

Is there anything I need to consider, given it'll be for home use and taking to/from university? I've had a look in stores and I'm happy with the size and weight.

I'm expecting to not want to break it over my knee with my low-end laptop that's running Vista.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:20 AM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Am I the only one who thinks a MacBook Air is a complete waste of money?
If you want to accidentally inhale your computer for the better part of $3000, it's the computer for you.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #213
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
If you want to accidentally inhale your computer for the better part of $3000, it's the computer for you.

OMG Khan, that blue sleeve thing of yours! It's awesome! I haven't bought one yet since they didn't have blue ones in the store, I hope to find one online!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #214
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
Question for the Macbook owners; what type of case or sleeve are you using?
I am thinking on getting the Incase.
I've always used Incase. I like the detachable strap so I can carry that way if I want. Just wish my current case had more room for the MPB's giant power adapter.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 10-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #215
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
So, I'm patiently saving to get one of the 'new' Macbooks.

Is there anything I need to consider, given it'll be for home use and taking to/from university? I've had a look in stores and I'm happy with the size and weight.

I'm expecting to not want to break it over my knee with my low-end laptop that's running Vista.
just make sure you get a nice sturdy bag for it so, obvs, you don't run the risk of dropping it. oh, and others may think it's a waste, but i always get the extended warranty on laptops. desktops not so much, but i figure laptops are so portable, anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
OMG Khan, that blue sleeve thing of yours! It's awesome! I haven't bought one yet since they didn't have blue ones in the store, I hope to find one online!
thanks! i love it. i didn't get it so much to protect it or anything, but i just don't like white or black. boring. i also have a sleeve on my (also white) ipod and at times i forget my ipod isn't actually lime green! (which i don't get...the nano has so many gorgeous colours out but for the ipod it's just white/silver and black.) i just ended up buying my case online, so it's definitely recommended. (btw i'm sure you could tell from the page at amazon.com, but the one i own is listed as aqua, the blue is a much darker blue.)
Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
just make sure you get a nice sturdy bag for it so, obvs, you don't run the risk of dropping it. oh, and others may think it's a waste, but i always get the extended warranty on laptops. desktops not so much, but i figure laptops are so portable, anything can happen.
I thought as much, re the bag. My bag already has padding for bigger laptops and I'm sure the 150 bus tickets and extra university magazines should have protect it....I hope.

And yeah, I always bend over for the extended warranty.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #217
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
thanks! i love it. i didn't get it so much to protect it or anything, but i just don't like white or black. boring. i also have a sleeve on my (also white) ipod and at times i forget my ipod isn't actually lime green! (which i don't get...the nano has so many gorgeous colours out but for the ipod it's just white/silver and black.) i just ended up buying my case online, so it's definitely recommended. (btw i'm sure you could tell from the page at amazon.com, but the one i own is listed as aqua, the blue is a much darker blue.)
It looks great. The other blue one too. I found a nice sleeve on a Dutch website, I think my sister bought the pink one there. They also have blue ones.

What do you think? Are these sleeves good enough so I can take my laptop with me in my bag to uni?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #218
Galeonbroad

Ok, first try to install windows on my macbook failed. windows was fully installed, then it restarted and I got
Disk error
Press any key to restart

ofcourse, none of the keys worked.. At last I got the disc of windows out and put the OSX one in so I'll now prolly have to reinstall osx.
Anyone got experience with getting windows on it?
Old 11-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:14 PM
The best bags, IMO, are made by Crumpler. They are pricey for sure, but I have a couple and they've served me very well over the years.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #220
Galeonbroad

I think I got my mistake. I made the windows partition larger than 32 gig and didn't format it. That fucks the whole thing up. It's now formatting the 32 gig partition. I'll put most of my stuff on the mac partition anyway. (clips, music and pictures) and only the programs that dont'work with mac on the windows partition.

Yay it's done formatting, on to the setup!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 AM   #221
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I have a Targus bag, which is more of a general laptop bag, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.

I can carry both my MacBook and external hard drive with me no problem.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #222
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
It looks great. The other blue one too. I found a nice sleeve on a Dutch website, I think my sister bought the pink one there. They also have blue ones.

What do you think? Are these sleeves good enough so I can take my laptop with me in my bag to uni?
oooh, those are pretty! i personally don't use sleeves only because i prefer having a shoulder strap, but those look well-made
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 PM
Girly colors!

Does it come in black?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #224
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
Girly colors!

Does it come in black?
Oh come on. We all know you want the pink one. Stop denying it!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 PM

Tags
apple, ipods, macs