General Video Game Discussion - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #886
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 10:29 PM
I can't help it. I don't even know when I'm lying anymore.....or do I? Hm?

On a somewhat unrelated note, Brutal Legend is great. Ozzy Osbourne is the Guardian of Metal - he owns a car repair shop IN HELL! And Lemmy from Motorhead is the Killmaster - not really sure what he does, but he drives an awesome motorcycle around. Gameplay wise, it's fairly solid. But it's quite funny and wildly entertaining, and I don't even like METAL all that much.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #887
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Hey video game guys,

I need some advice. Since I just got paid I'm aiming to buy myself a Wii next week in a pack with Mario Kart. Now where I need advice is on, should I want to use batteries or do I need to get a battery pack with charger? What's your experience on these things?
On the internet I found the Big Ben dual charger, and it looks good, read a couple of good reviews and it's only 20 euros. Anyone used this?

And what about memory cards, does one come with the Wii or do you have to get them seperately? Which kinds are the best, Sandisk?

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 11-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #888
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:29 AM
GG, if I were you I would buy rechargeable batteries or a battery pack with charger. Normal batteries are way more expensive in the long run and don't last that long. I think the Big Ben dual charger is pretty good, I know quite a few people who use that.

Also, when I got my Wii, it didn't come with a memory card, only internal memory. So I just bought a Sandisk one, which are basically pretty good. But other brands are good as well, so that doesn't really make that much of a difference I think.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #889
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
GG, if I were you I would buy rechargeable batteries or a battery pack with charger. Normal batteries are way more expensive in the long run and don't last that long. I think the Big Ben dual charger is pretty good, I know quite a few people who use that.

Also, when I got my Wii, it didn't come with a memory card, only internal memory. So I just bought a Sandisk one, which are basically pretty good. But other brands are good as well, so that doesn't really make that much of a difference I think.
Ah thanks. Yeah I meant battery pack or rechargable batteries, I don't even have any regular batteries anymore.

Hm, how much is the internal memory? What I saw is I can get a 4GB Sandisk Wii card for 9,99. And the 128 and 256 MB are 19,99. Makes sense?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 11-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #890
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey U2popmofo, you leave your PS3 on or something? Youve been online for the past 3 days or so, but never with a game loaded
Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #891
ONE
love, blood, life

So, whos gonna play co-op with me? I havent been able to try it out yet because all the others on my 'friends' list are shitheads
Old 11-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #892
45:33

Local Time: 02:29 PM
mario kart wii is fucking awesome, gg.

i'm quite tempted to get Super Mario Bros. wii, but i think i'll wait until christmas.

apparently there's this new game out, called Call of Duty? i heard one or two people think it's quite good.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #893
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
So, whos gonna play co-op with me? I havent been able to try it out yet because all the others on my 'friends' list are shitheads
I prefer "Cheap Bastard"...

I started Uncharted 2
Old 11-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #894
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Ah thanks. Yeah I meant battery pack or rechargable batteries, I don't even have any regular batteries anymore.

Hm, how much is the internal memory? What I saw is I can get a 4GB Sandisk Wii card for 9,99. And the 128 and 256 MB are 19,99. Makes sense?
It makes sense. The smaller cards are relatively pricey to produce, and they want you to buy the larger ones. Why they still even offer the other ones is the question. Maybe leftovers they couldn't get rid of.
With technological products such as cameras or mp3 players you will often find that the older models stay pretty expensive, though in most cases a little below that of the newer model, in order to promote their newest model.

Apparently its internal memory has 512MB.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #895
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Unless you really think you're going to be taking your save files to other people's houses or something, I really don't think any memory cards are necessary. Maybe buy the system and see if the internal memory is sufficient for you. You can use any compatible memory card on the system, I used one from my camera when my Wii had to be sent back to Nintendo for repairs, and it worked fine.

I used rechargeable batteries for years, and finally got sick of how relatively little usable time you get from them and how difficult it was to keep a pair of "recharged" batteries with any sort of charge in them after a week or two, and have switched back to using standard AA batteries for my controllers on 360 and Wii. I swear you get like triple the time on regular batteries than you do with rechargeable and never have to worry about them losing their charge over time.

Elfa, we should try some of the coop modes out soon then. They don't follow the story line, so you won't have anything ruined for you in that regard. We can just run and round and shoot fools. I like to pretend all of my enemies are Oasis fans, that way my desire to kill is through the roof.

JT, if I had MW2 for PS3, I'd definitely do some Spec Ops with you.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #896
Galeonbroad

Can I use a Gamecube one too then? I don't remember how much memory is in there but I think I had quite a lot of room on that one.

So standard batteries are better than rechargable, got it. But how are they compared to the accus? Better? Worse? Equal?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #897
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Try to get some eneloop rechargeables. Sanyo eneloop. In contrast to normal NiMH accus they don't discharge over time, are very reliable and last extremely long. You will not have to worry about picking up the controller only to find your batteries being discharged. Also good for any other electronics.
And then having some recharged ones in store isn't too difficult. You can charge them and store them away and even after a year they are almost up to full potential. In the long run, they are way cheaper than batteries and it's not such a waste.
I use them for my camera as well. Even if I use flash often they last so long. And I can go out and when one set is discharged I will not experience the disgrace of changing the batteries only to find that the "charged" ones are empty already.

According to Wikipedia the Wii has a SD card slot. That's very handy.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #898
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

You can definitely use Gamecube controllers on certain games, if not all of them. I'm not sure which ones exclusively deal with only the Wii controller/nunchaku combo, but I've seen games like Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, and Metroid played with the GC controller.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #899
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I prefer "Cheap Bastard"...
Is that the real reason you dont have Modern Warfare 2.....anymore?!?

dun dun dunnnnnnn

Guys, I found this video of Elfa posted on his blog the other day. He needs to be outed

YouTube - MODERN WARFARE 2 SUCKS (crazy kid)
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #900
Blue Meth Addict

Shockingly, Elfa apparently has even more issues than I previously thought he did.

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360