General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, are you getting the shirt, too?

I need to pre-order soon.

I forgot they were doing that, they didn't say anything. Maybe I'll have to call them today to see if they still have stock.

If any Canadians are interested, I just picked up Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 at Futureshop for $30. I dont really give a shit about special editions, but the regular one was $50, so it was a no brainer. Awesome game, but whats with the fucking cut scenes??? too long. do not want

Perfect Dark, and (rumours) of Goldeneye to be released on Xbox Live.

*superhappyexplosion*

I might finally have a reason to get Gold. :drool:

Isn't there a Perfect Dark game out for the 360 already?

OH FUCK YES! Goldeneye was the reason I owned an N64.

Isn't there a Perfect Dark game out for the 360 already?

OH FUCK YES! Goldeneye was the reason I owned an N64.

Yeah, Perfect Dark Zero.

Which is SHIT.

If you havent played the original PD on the N64, and you like Goldeneye, you'll LOVE it. Its like...Goldeneye...IN THE FUTURE! WITH A GIRL! AND ALIENS CALLED ELVIS! AND LAPTOP GUNS! AND CAPITAL LETTERS! :hyper:

The multiplayer is seriously awesome too. My only concern is them managing to port the PD/Goldeneye controllers to a 360 pad. Duke Nukem was ok, so I guess it cant go too badly. :D

If any Canadians are interested, I just picked up Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 at Futureshop for $30. I dont really give a shit about special editions, but the regular one was $50, so it was a no brainer. Awesome game, but whats with the fucking cut scenes??? too long. do not want

Watch them. The whole game will make absolutely no sense if you don't. But yeah, some of them make you want to scream with how long they are. At least you can pause them and come back later to finish if you get bored. They are long but definitely worth watching, it all ties together in the end. :up:

In other news UFC Undisputed is awesome.

In other news UFC Undisputed is awesome.

Yes, but I'm unfortunately already a little sick of it. The exhibition mode seems to be the best part of the game, as the characters you make in career mode never end up that great, and online is typically always a little odd for fighting games in my opinion. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do in exhibition mode, wish they would have allowed you to use real fighters in career mode as well.

As a side question, why is there no MMA talk on this forum whatsoever? I probably watch more MMA than all other sports combined.

I finished Assassin's Creed over the weekend. It's probably a "love or hate" type game, as it's a bit shallow and repetitive. The graphics are still phenomenal though, and it's a two year old game. I enjoyed it for what it was, hopefully the sequel has more depth.

Yeah, I can see myself getting bored of it after a little while. I figure I'll play it out over the next couple weeks then trade it in for something else if that happens.

Picked up The Orange Box today per Lance and other nerds' suggestions. Better be good.

Picked up The Orange Box today per Lance and other nerds' suggestions. Better be good.

lolz

I've been borrowing it from Audiophile for pretty much a year now..... Have yet to play it...

I went back to Gamestop and got my Ghostbusters shirt from the preorder. It is quite lame. Why didn't they just go with a standard Ghostbusters logo and call it good?

lolz

I've been borrowing it from Audiophile for pretty much a year now..... Have yet to play it...

I went back to Gamestop and got my Ghostbusters shirt from the preorder. It is quite lame. Why didn't they just go with a standard Ghostbusters logo and call it good?

If it weren't for the in-game code, I'd probably forgo the pre-order and get it when it comes out. Decisions, decisions...

I've had Mass Effect since the day it was released, and still haven't played it. It's good to have things to keep you interested during slow periods.

I still have Fallout 3 sitting on my shelf, because I'm still playing "The Last Remnant." I ended up taking a couple month break from it to play RE5.

On that note, I have to say that I definitely love the fact that games can take a long time to play these days. I remember back in the SNES days when I would purposely hold back playing a game out of fear that I'd finish it too soon. Thank goodness those days seem to be a distant memory...heh.

Yes, but I'm unfortunately already a little sick of it. The exhibition mode seems to be the best part of the game, as the characters you make in career mode never end up that great, and online is typically always a little odd for fighting games in my opinion. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do in exhibition mode, wish they would have allowed you to use real fighters in career mode as well.

As a side question, why is there no MMA talk on this forum whatsoever? I probably watch more MMA than all other sports combined.

I finished Assassin's Creed over the weekend. It's probably a "love or hate" type game, as it's a bit shallow and repetitive. The graphics are still phenomenal though, and it's a two year old game. I enjoyed it for what it was, hopefully the sequel has more depth.

I agree with pretty much everything you said in this post. I even also finished Assassins Creed this weekend after months of not playing it. weird. But ya, where is the MMA talk???? I'm startin' a thread after UFC 99 this weekend

how do you afford to eat?

Robbery.

Seriously though, all I have been doing the last few weeks in my free time is going to the gym and playing video games. Friends have been out of town. While it may be lame, it's been quite a bit of fun.

I finished Fallout :crack:

I have to say that the ending is pretty anti climactic but then considering the scope of the game, I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Now I wait for the DLCs :waiting:

I started Bioshock as well - much more intense than Fallout, lol... It's amazing how similar the art direction and music are though.

I finished Fallout :crack:

I have to say that the ending is pretty anti climactic but then considering the scope of the game, I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Now I wait for the DLCs :waiting:

I started Bioshock as well - much more intense than Fallout, lol... It's amazing how similar the art direction and music are though.

I think I liked the ending to Broken Steel more than the ending to the actual game. :huh: When does the DLC finally come to PS3 again?

Yeah, Bioshock seemed more on the FPS than RPG side of things, but I guess it has elements of both. Fun stuff. I'm really enjoying Fable 2, much more than the first one. Guess I'll have to sit it aside come tomorrow though, as Ghostbusters will need to played. :nerddork:

hmm, I'll keep that in mind - the DLCs for the PS3 start end of June/Early July I believe...

Nice, not too much longer then. 360 and PC get the swamp one at pretty much the same time. Aren't they going to do the "1 a month" type schedule for you guys as well? As a warning, Operation Anchorage is far and away the weakest of the DLC, so don't buy it and then be disappointed and talk yourself out of getting the rest (not that I think you'd do that, just throwin' our a warning. 4 minute warning.). I personally still enjoyed Op Anchorage for what it's worth.

isn't it basically a VR simulation where I get to kill Orientals? :wink:

Yeah. Very linear, the shortest of all the DLC, and you can't play it again after you finish it. In its defense, you do get to commit hate crimes against the Chinese.

No bearing. I still enjoyed it personally, but I know it's the "least liked" DLC. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom