General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scumbo and I gathered ourselves a healthy bushel of W's tonight. Not bad.

Re: what I was going to tell you. I forget what map, but it was one of the first few games we played. You were laying down peering down some hallway and I was up in the rafters. This dude comes up right behind you and looks like he's selecting what way he was going to off you. Fuck that. One well timed Mark Cuban three-shot burst to the back of his head, and his dead body is spooning you.

Alas I know of whom the Fleet Foxes were speaking of, Mark "Your Protector" Cuban. I will teabag a corpse in your honor.

I wasn't planning on getting MW2 until Christmas, but my buddy picked it up last night and it's been hard to put down, even moreso when I lay a beatdown on two of my friends for 8 straight multiplayer rounds.

Between that, replaying Ghostbusters, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (anyone play this yet?), this will be a good holiday season.

I wasn't planning on getting MW2 until Christmas, but my buddy picked it up last night and it's been hard to put down, even moreso when I lay a beatdown on two of my friends for 8 straight multiplayer rounds.

You should hop in and play with Imperor and I sometime. I don't like that party chat doesn't work in team death match though, as I don't want to have to hear anything those douche whistles have to say.

Didnt bother waiting until the weekend :D

I'm surprised you even held out this long!

You should hop in and play with Imperor and I sometime. I don't like that party chat doesn't work in team death match though, as I don't want to have to hear anything those douche whistles have to say.

If I can borrow it back, it's so on.

nope. Theres a little bit of the story that carries over, but not so much that you wont understand whats going on (at least as much as everyone else can understand whats going on). That being said, you should still play MW1 at some point. Its pretty awesome

If you're only doing the campaign, I'd still do COD4 first (as Modern Warfare 2's campaign has been called the shortest and most disappointing campaign in the series history by a large number of reviews, it's a bit on the ridiculous side of things). Honestly, every Infinity Ward COD title is well worth playing. (COD "classic" and its expansion, COD2, and the Modern Warfares). I even enjoyed the non-Infinity Ward titles quite a bit, 3 and World at War.

The original COD was PC only. A download of the game came with the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 2, and it will supposedly be available on Live and Marketplace sometime in the next few months.

Seriously though, if you're only going to do the campaign, you're better off with any other COD title. Modern Warfare 2's strength is multiplayer.

I don't really play online much, but this one does sound fun, so I might look into it.

The original COD was PC only.

"oooh, gotcha, liar. Hey look, everyone, Beav's a liar. GOTCHA! Fuck you beav, you goddamn stupid liar. BUSTED. LIAR!"

:(

Maybe it was a different one? Or maybe it was Medal of Honor? I dunno. :scream: I JUST DON'T KNOW!

But yeah, I think I'm gonna pick it up. I read somewhere that there's a mission in which
you're a terrorist killing civilians? That's kinda f'd up. Did I read that right?

I can't help it. I don't even know when I'm lying anymore.....or do I? Hm?

On a somewhat unrelated note, Brutal Legend is great. Ozzy Osbourne is the Guardian of Metal - he owns a car repair shop IN HELL! And Lemmy from Motorhead is the Killmaster - not really sure what he does, but he drives an awesome motorcycle around. Gameplay wise, it's fairly solid. But it's quite funny and wildly entertaining, and I don't even like METAL all that much.

Hey video game guys,

I need some advice. Since I just got paid I'm aiming to buy myself a Wii next week in a pack with Mario Kart. Now where I need advice is on, should I want to use batteries or do I need to get a battery pack with charger? What's your experience on these things?
On the internet I found the Big Ben dual charger, and it looks good, read a couple of good reviews and it's only 20 euros. Anyone used this?

And what about memory cards, does one come with the Wii or do you have to get them seperately? Which kinds are the best, Sandisk?

GG, if I were you I would buy rechargeable batteries or a battery pack with charger. Normal batteries are way more expensive in the long run and don't last that long. I think the Big Ben dual charger is pretty good, I know quite a few people who use that.

Also, when I got my Wii, it didn't come with a memory card, only internal memory. So I just bought a Sandisk one, which are basically pretty good. But other brands are good as well, so that doesn't really make that much of a difference I think.

GG, if I were you I would buy rechargeable batteries or a battery pack with charger. Normal batteries are way more expensive in the long run and don't last that long. I think the Big Ben dual charger is pretty good, I know quite a few people who use that.

Also, when I got my Wii, it didn't come with a memory card, only internal memory. So I just bought a Sandisk one, which are basically pretty good. But other brands are good as well, so that doesn't really make that much of a difference I think.

Ah thanks. Yeah I meant battery pack or rechargable batteries, I don't even have any regular batteries anymore.

Hm, how much is the internal memory? What I saw is I can get a 4GB Sandisk Wii card for 9,99. And the 128 and 256 MB are 19,99. :lol: Makes sense?

Hey U2popmofo, you leave your PS3 on or something? Youve been online for the past 3 days or so, but never with a game loaded

So, whos gonna play co-op with me? I havent been able to try it out yet because all the others on my 'friends' list are shitheads

mario kart wii is fucking awesome, gg.

i'm quite tempted to get Super Mario Bros. wii, but i think i'll wait until christmas.

apparently there's this new game out, called Call of Duty? i heard one or two people think it's quite good.

Ah thanks. Yeah I meant battery pack or rechargable batteries, I don't even have any regular batteries anymore.

Hm, how much is the internal memory? What I saw is I can get a 4GB Sandisk Wii card for 9,99. And the 128 and 256 MB are 19,99. :lol: Makes sense?

It makes sense. The smaller cards are relatively pricey to produce, and they want you to buy the larger ones. Why they still even offer the other ones is the question. Maybe leftovers they couldn't get rid of.
With technological products such as cameras or mp3 players you will often find that the older models stay pretty expensive, though in most cases a little below that of the newer model, in order to promote their newest model.

Apparently its internal memory has 512MB.

Unless you really think you're going to be taking your save files to other people's houses or something, I really don't think any memory cards are necessary. Maybe buy the system and see if the internal memory is sufficient for you. You can use any compatible memory card on the system, I used one from my camera when my Wii had to be sent back to Nintendo for repairs, and it worked fine.

I used rechargeable batteries for years, and finally got sick of how relatively little usable time you get from them and how difficult it was to keep a pair of "recharged" batteries with any sort of charge in them after a week or two, and have switched back to using standard AA batteries for my controllers on 360 and Wii. I swear you get like triple the time on regular batteries than you do with rechargeable and never have to worry about them losing their charge over time.

Elfa, we should try some of the coop modes out soon then. They don't follow the story line, so you won't have anything ruined for you in that regard. We can just run and round and shoot fools. I like to pretend all of my enemies are Oasis fans, that way my desire to kill is through the roof.

JT, if I had MW2 for PS3, I'd definitely do some Spec Ops with you.

Can I use a Gamecube one too then? I don't remember how much memory is in there but I think I had quite a lot of room on that one.

So standard batteries are better than rechargable, got it. But how are they compared to the accus? Better? Worse? Equal?

Try to get some eneloop rechargeables. Sanyo eneloop. In contrast to normal NiMH accus they don't discharge over time, are very reliable and last extremely long. You will not have to worry about picking up the controller only to find your batteries being discharged. Also good for any other electronics.
And then having some recharged ones in store isn't too difficult. You can charge them and store them away and even after a year they are almost up to full potential. In the long run, they are way cheaper than batteries and it's not such a waste.
I use them for my camera as well. Even if I use flash often they last so long. And I can go out and when one set is discharged I will not experience the disgrace of changing the batteries only to find that the "charged" ones are empty already.

According to Wikipedia the Wii has a SD card slot. That's very handy.

You can definitely use Gamecube controllers on certain games, if not all of them. I'm not sure which ones exclusively deal with only the Wii controller/nunchaku combo, but I've seen games like Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, and Metroid played with the GC controller.

Shockingly, Elfa apparently has even more issues than I previously thought he did.

:tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom