Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #316
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
It's one giant cut-scene from what I have heard, have you played any of the previous ones?
Not since the original Nintendo. The gameplay itself is what looks like it would bother me, but I'm sure I'd be completely lost from the cutscenes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trooooowwwwwser!!!!!

New GOW2 stuff tomorrow. *revs chainsaw*

Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #317
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 10:29 AM
I'm also done with Mass Effect (I think). I'll log on with GOW2 one of these nights and if you're not too scared of giving me a total beatdown cause I really suck at FPS, especially on line FPS, then I'm in.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #318
Blue Meth Addict

It's a 3rd person shooter, so maybe you'll be ok.

NSW and I usually play Horde mode anyway, which is against AI and not other players, so you should be fine.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #319

Oh, yeah, you're right. You do see the guy as you move him around. I forgot about that. How is the campaign on that? I wasn't too crazy about GoW1, and then after a few hours, I was totally into it.

I kinda want an HDTV. I noticed that when I play Mass Effect I can't read the subtitles cause they're all fuzzy. Or maybe they just look fuzzy cause I'm illiterate? Hm. Either way, I think I finally am succumbing to the HDTV bug.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #320
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Oh, yeah, you're right. You do see the guy as you move him around. I forgot about that. How is the campaign on that? I wasn't too crazy about GoW1, and then after a few hours, I was totally into it.

I kinda want an HDTV. I noticed that when I play Mass Effect I can't read the subtitles cause they're all fuzzy. Or maybe they just look fuzzy cause I'm illiterate? Hm. Either way, I think I finally am succumbing to the HDTV bug.
They'll be much easier to read with an HDTV (especially if it's a large one). I've heard similar complaints from other people with standard definition TVs, I guess the developers make the game for HD and don't realize things like that will be difficult to see on standard def. Plus, the graphics will look mindblowingly better on an HDTV.

I liked the first GOW quite a bit, but the 2's campaign is much better in my opinion. I need to play through it again sometime. I keep telling NSW we need to play through it in coop, but it never happens.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #321
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Not since the original Nintendo. The gameplay itself is what looks like it would bother me, but I'm sure I'd be completely lost from the cutscenes as well.
I still have that game somewhere, those were the days...

Quote:
I find it humorous that you buy a 24" Mac but you are still using an old tv to play games... How old is your daughter now? I have heard that very young children and HDTVs do not mix.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #322

She's 2 1/2. My son is a 6 weeks almost. What does that have to do with HDTV?

And yeah, I could have gotten 2 or HDTVs for the price of the Mac. That being said, I'd rather have the Mac.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #323
Blue Meth Addict

Zomg, i hav a mac 2!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
She's 2 1/2. My son is a 6 weeks almost. What does that have to do with HDTV?

And yeah, I could have gotten 2 or HDTVs for the price of the Mac. That being said, I'd rather have the Mac.
I keep hearing all these horror stories about LCDs being knocked over and worse... Here's one of my personal favourites:

SlushTurtle: How to get crayon off of your new 52" LCD TV

Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #325
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I liked the first GOW quite a bit, but the 2's campaign is much better in my opinion. I need to play through it again sometime. I keep telling NSW we need to play through it in coop, but it never happens.
Yeah, and he also ignores messages to play together, too.

What's on the update for GOW 2?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Beav, we'll play Horde, so, it won't matter if you suck or not.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #327

Quote:
Beav, we'll play Horde, so, it won't matter if you suck or not.
Don't call my mother a Horde. That's fucked up.

el_fa - I moved the old mac to the basement, and my daughter knocked it over, so perhaps there is some truth to what you say.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #328
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I figure if I was to get one, I'd probably only be picking up PS3 exclusives on it for the most part. Not really sure if I even want to play Metal Gear though, as it looks like the kind of game that would be more frustrating than entertaining for me personally.
I finished it about a month ago. Its a good game with some really cool parts, but the cutscenes are REALLY frustrating. I shit you not, I turned it on one night and finished off a mission that I had been stuck on. It took me less than 5 minutes to finish the mission, then the cut scenes started. 45 minutes later I was still watching the cutscene. I just wanted to play for a little bit before bed, but didnt want to skip the cutscenes or else I'd have no idea what was going on. It was retarded and annoying. I completed the game late one night about 2 weeks after I bought it and decided to go to bed and watch the final cutscene later(which i hear is over an hour long). that was a month ago and I still havent gotten around to watching it. I think i just didnt care that much about the story line. And I played Metal Gear Online just once and wasnt impressed at all. Plus, you have to sign up for 2 different accounts that are separate from the PSN account. Even just doing that takes forever. Anyway, if you dont mind watching more than you're playing, then go ahead and get it. If you prefer to play your games, I'd recommend staying away. I mean, you dont need half hour long cutscenes to tell a story. Uncharted is one of my favourite PS3 games. the gameplay is fun, the cut scenes are interesting and no over long, and I actually cared about the characters. By contrast MGS4 comes off as very self important and self indulgent
Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #329
Blue Meth Addict

Beav, what's your Xbox Live gamertag? I'm U2, pleez add. (let me know if you're adding though, as I get literally dozens of friend invites per month from people I don't know just because they think my gamertag is somehow actually related to U2 because of Live's "game with fame" crap)

Wow, I didn't know the cutscenes were really that bad. 45 min cutscene?! That's crazy. Yeah, one of the reasons I'm kinda thinking about possibly picking up a PS3 is for Uncharted 2, so I figure I'd want to play the first one before it comes out. Killzone 2 is the other game that interests me quite a bit. Jive, do you agree or disagree with Elfa on whether or not the extra $100 is worth it for the extra 80 gigs on the hard drive?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life

I've only got a 40 gig harddrive and I havent had any problems. But then again, I dont have any downloadable games or DLCs. I guess it all depends on how much content you're planning on downloading. I would think 80 gigs is plenty though. And Uncharted should be Greatest Hits soon, so you could probably pick it up for cheap. but definitely play it before the new one. I have the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta and its really good.....Killzone 2 is also a great game. The single player is amazing and the multiplayer is also pretty solid. I still prefer COD because its a little more tactical, but Killzone is a lot of fun in its own right

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360