General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have Uncharted (came with the system), but I've heard it's an extremely short game. Kinda realizing I may be completely done with both games after having the system for a couple weeks. Guess I still have plenty of stuff to do on 360, just kinda gung ho on the new system still.

I've been considering both Little Big Planet and Resistance 2. The first Resistance always looked pretty bad to me, so I'm still a bit hesitant with the sequel, even though I know it's supposed to be considerably better. Flat out just not sure if I will even like Little Big Planet, can't tell from videos what it's really like to play. Anyone played the Ratchet and Clank game, it apparently has really good ratings (but is another I'm not sure if I'd enjoy or not).

for what its worth, a friend of mine that has 360 and PS3 bought Infamous and really likes it. He's typically hard to please

You and I played for like 15 minutes, and, in that short span, how many times did I lose my shit?

Kill Zone 2, MLB 09: The Show and Dlu-Ray Dark Knight have arrived.

Still waiting on my controller and the headset.

That was when my theory of you sounding like an animate character came about.

Yeah, that sounds right timezone wise.

Jive Turkey and I (after 30 minutes of confusion) figured out how to get in matches together on Killzone 2 late last night. I told myself I'd just play a round and go to bed, 3 hours later I finally got in bed. Needless to say, I'm really tired this morning. It's a ton of fun online though, somehow I missed the fact that multiplayer is up to 32 players, the amount of violencia and chaos that was happening was a thing of beauty. The maps are big enough to support 32 players, and when there's less (in the 20's), it seems a bit more tactical as you can really take it slow and move around the maps but there's still a ton of action happening. After getting out of the 4 vs 3 match we started in (we were on the 3 people side, all 4 of the other guys were apparently pros at the game), JT and I both slaughtered many, many, many fools. I think there was at least 1 match where we both had the highest amount of kills on our team (he was #1, I was #2). We were right up there at the top on the rest as well. Fuuun, stuff. Too bad all the rest of you guys were nowhere to be seen last night.

No worries on the headset, Elfa. JT and I played for hours without headsets (though I did buy one on the way home from work last night, just didn't use it).

cool - Did you get the official Sony bluetooth one?

I think when it comes to me, you guys are going to have to set a date and time when you want to meet so I can plan for this.

This is what happens when you have a wife, gentlemen - it's all about "quality time"...

Yeah, any bluetooth. Back to your IGN review though...

For starters, the SCEA Bluetooth Headset is among the first to be designed specifically for use with the PlayStation 3. While just about any Bluetooth headset will link and work with the system, the SCEA headset is designed for seamless integration. For one, the headset can be automatically paired with the console via an included USB. But hardwiring is not required for integration, the headset can be matched using the regular Bluetooth detection processes built-in to the PlayStation firmware. Also unique to the SCEA headset is a on-screen display of information regarding the headset, including connection and muting status, battery level, and microphone volume.

The benefits of the SCEA Bluetooth headset for gaming purposes are extensive, especially the game-specific dual-band microphone. The SCEA Bluetooth headset uses two independent microphones to delineate atmospheric noise from voice communications. One microphone is built into the tip like any standard Bluetooth device, the other is built onto the exterior side, which picks up and identifies excess noise and removes it from the incoming signal of the primary microphone. The exterior mounted microphone also serves as the primary microphone when the headset is being charged on the cradle that comes paired with the system. When docked and charging, the SCEA headset can still be used for communicating by routing the audio to your speakers and conducting voice communications from the exterior mic.

Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the SCEA Bluetooth headset is its range. During our evaluations, we were able to walk incredible distances from the source device without losing or significantly degrading the signal. With a cell phone calibrated with the headset placed on the surface of our reception desk, we were able to maintain a solid connection clear on the other side of the office. The distance could readily be described as about 35', which includes walls and various other obstructions. We compared the SCEA headset to a PDP Metal Gear Solid Bluetooth headset, which began experiencing static and signal degradation at 1/3 of the distance.

Nothing's more annoying than listening to massive feedback from someone's surround system over their mic.

I think it'd be easier to just kill the bird, to be honest.

Actually, I really do have to take him out of the room when I want to play. He's literally 5 feet away from me when I'm on my PS3. His shrieks can already be heard in the neighbor's house, so I really have to pity the guy who messaged me the other night. I took off the mic and forgot to turn it off. :lol:

Being able to see battery charge, muting status, and volume on screen is a very nice function. I went with the official one, just because of ease.

Cheap is nice too though, so I can certainly understand getting something else.

Speaking of feedback, i think I'm finally going to set up my old surround sound system, as I hate dying because I don't know where I'm being shot from. (left it in boxes after I moved last year, as I had a surround sound headset for 360).

I sent you a friend invite last night as well, Tiger.

did you figure out why it wasn't working with the PS3?

It worked, it just sounded really weak (the guns had no oomph, the music and background stuff were WAY too loud). I haven't had those problems with 360 games. May have been because I was using an old optical cable which legitimately could be damaged, or maybe I should have been using another setting. I'll mess with it again to try it out. Regardless, I couldn't use those headphones if I was using that PS3 headset, so I need some sort of solution.

Okay, so I may need to rethink this headphone strategy. :lol:
Someone told me to turn my headset off and after I did, I heard all this interference (not on the earpiece, but the TV as usual) and then everyone had to turn their headsets off. I messaged the guy who told me to turn it off why he asked me to do it, but he never responded, cause he's a bastard. :angry:

Then I finally managed to talk to someone, sounded like a 15 year old English punk. He asked me how old I was and I answered to which he responded, "If you're 23 your balls haven't dropped yet." :lol: But then his end of the convo was coming in all choppy. I guess he couldn't understand me either?

I don't know if this is solely a CoD4 problem because Canadiens and I have talked fine together on Battlefield.

I also noticed that my mic kept picking up sounds even if I wasn't moving anything (yes, I tested it) and I turned down the microphone pickup down to 1. I'll try Battlefield on this setting. Maybe CoD4 is too sensitive? I don't know.

Scumbo, your Kill Zone 2 description was wonderful to read. I'll try to play tonight, cos, after tonight my gf is in town for 5 days and I doubt I'll be on unless she and I play some Horde.

That's weird. I definitely notice a lot of people on Xbox Live have mic issues (you can hear huge amounts of feedback from them, etc). I always assume they just have their sound system up too loud, but I guess there are the times when it's just some constant hiss or their voice is all screwed up as well. Who knows.

Scumbo, your Kill Zone 2 description was wonderful to read. I'll try to play tonight, cos, after tonight my gf is in town for 5 days and I doubt I'll be on unless she and I play some Horde.

I think you'll definitely like it. It takes a few to get used to the controls, and you start off with limited choices in weapons when you're brand new, but it keeps opening itself up. I was schooling fools from miles away with just the assault rifle, I'm sure you'll do some major damage with sniper once you get that unlocked.

Have fun with the lady.

I think you'll definitely like it. It takes a few to get used to the controls, and you start off with limited choices in weapons when you're brand new, but it keeps opening itself up. I was schooling fools from miles away with just the assault rifle, I'm sure you'll do some major damage with sniper once you get that unlocked.

Have fun with the lady.

Thanks.

Look for me tonight, though, if you're around. I will not have a headset, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom