Dvd player settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Whenever I watch a dvd, the lighting of the movie goes from light to dark every 15 seconds or so. Why does it do that? Is it a setting that can be changed within the dvd player or is that just how it's set to do on the dvd? It's really annoying.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
Whenever I watch a dvd, the lighting of the movie goes from light to dark every 15 seconds or so. Why does it do that? Is it a setting that can be changed within the dvd player or is that just how it's set to do on the dvd? It's really annoying.

There are some baffling settings out there on TVs and DVD players.
I would check out the manuals for both (or at least play around with the remotes).

My TV (LCD) has different brightness settings for the type of thing you are watching (cable, a DVD, etc.) and an energy saving setting that will dim the picture to some degree. I know my DVD player has some odd settings like that, too.

I don't know how new either your TV or DVD players are, but the newer, the quirkier the settings. It could be that somethings wrong, but I'd guess it's more likely a setting that is off somehow. Anyway, I'd check any energy settings that you have and brightness/picture type settings and see if they need to be reset to "normal" or something.

Not the best advice, but it's a start.

Mark

Reading the manual here at the moment and I found under the Cinema settings it has different choices like:

Cin 1. Mellows images and enhances detail in dark scenes

Cin 2. Sharpens inamges and enhances detail in dark scenes.

Nor. Normal factory mode.

I haven't checked what it's set to yet but that could be something worth playing around with.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
.the lighting of the movie goes from light to dark every 15 seconds or so. Why does it do that?

Is this an original dvd or a pirate dvd? (Sorry to ask)
This symptom sounds similar to those that try to duplicate dvd media.
:shrug:

Oh nah, all original dvd's. It happens on everything from the U2 dvd's to stuff rented from Blockbuster.

I'm going to try switching around the cinema modes tonight, will post how it goes. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

Ok, it's definitely the Cinema setting. It's set on Cin. 1. Everytime I try to set it back to the Normal setting it just keeps going back to the Cin. 1 setting. I pressed the OneTouch Memory button that's supposed to save the settings and the little memory light goes on but it still just goes back to Cin. 1. :banghead: I can't figure out what I'm not doing right.

It's a Panasonic DVD-RV32 for what it's worth.

dvdplayer.jpg

See panasonic.com - you can send support an email from there(after filling info on your hardware/issue).

I figured it out. If I put it on the setting before the one I want, it saves the one I want instead. For instance, I wanted the Normal Setting so I set it to Cin. 2. Makes so much sense I know lol. Anyway, thank you for everyone's help:)

Back
Top Bottom