The Office: Season Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to see David, however briefly. Like GAF said, the Scrabble cow bit was good. This was the most I've enjoyed a Michael character in a while. So yeah, solid ep in a surprisingly solid season.

Oh, man. I loved that moment between Michael and Holly on the roof. Carell was damn good in that scene.

With you all the way on that. This season continues to surprise me.

Ready...set...DIE!

That was a thoroughly entertaining episode. Carell continues to hit the right notes this season, and it was nice seeing some old faces. Especially Ann Perkins Karen Filippelli.

Alright, the proposal scene was fucking great. Definitely tugged on the heart there a bit.

The show still knows how to make those big moments work, and make them poignant, and true. At least for me.

Congrats, Office writers. And congrats, Michael Scott.

I did, although I got more emotional with the song in the previous episode and the proposal in "Garage Sale." This episode just seemed kind of surreal. It shocks me that I've spent seven years with these characters. I'm glad Michael got sent off in a patch of very good episodes amongst three years of mediocrity.

Lovely partings.

Thought it was very good, and even though you just knew that he'd get to say goodbye to Pam, that moment in the airport was beautiful. Also loved Dwight reading the letter of recommendation. Among other things.

It's a smart move by Carell, I think. I've thought so since we first heard the news of his departure from the show. I hope he continues to have success (even though he's got enough $$ already to buy an island for his family and retire) and I hope the show can still stay afloat without him.

Yeah, it's seen some dips in quality, but I'd still rather watch the adventures of Dwight, Pam, Creed, Andy, Erin, etc. than a lot of other shit on TV.

I liked the nice touch of him replacing the Worlds Best Boss mug with the Dundee, in exactly the same manner (and the way it was shot) as in Season one.

Also like Dwight going "uh oh" to Jim when Dangelo was eating the cake in the final scene, like here we go again...

This is the first episode I've seen outside of the first four seasons though.

I kept thinking that it was the series finale.

It might as well be.

I did, although I got more emotional with the song in the previous episode and the proposal in "Garage Sale." This episode just seemed kind of surreal. It shocks me that I've spent seven years with these characters. I'm glad Michael got sent off in a patch of very good episodes amongst three years of mediocrity.

Oh yeah, I bawled like a baby during the proposal.

So I re-watched the episode and I realized I missed Michael saying "That's what she said." to the camera after he took the mic off. Funny and sad all at the same time.

Season 7 has been mostly terrible. The writers have focused too much on the love stories throughout the last few seasons and I could give a fuck. This show is cartoony and not remotely believable, so whenever they try and force some drama down our throats, it always tastes icky. I think the strength of the American Office is that they decided to go a more outlandish route for the sake of humor and it works whenever they're not trying to throw in needless drama. The more time they spend on the interpersonal relationships of these underdeveloped caricatures, the more the show tends to lag.

Also, needless dancing and singing is always a sign of a show running out of creative juice. Such as Dwight and Co. at the roller disco or the Office gang sending off Michael with a tearful ballad (Jesus Christ, that sure was forced almost as bad as the YouTube reenactment in the wedding episode). Regardless, this show just isn't funny anymore to begin with. Unfortunately, it will survive for eons since it has a crazed fanbase that will watch it for the next five years or whenever they decide to call it a day. I, on the other hand, will watch through the end of this season in order to be a completest and then bolt.

Also, why so much effort put into Michael leaving? There's been far too many poorly crafted Michael-centric episodes lately, presumably because Steve Carell is leaving the series. Except, he isn't because we all know Michael Scott will return in the final episode or two. Meh.

Also, why so much effort put into Michael leaving? There's been far too many poorly crafted Michael-centric episodes lately, presumably because Steve Carell is leaving the series. Except, he isn't because we all know Michael Scott will return in the final episode or two. Meh.
You had me mostly agreeing up until this point. Uh ... what?

I read a spoiler about who is going to be the new boss, and it's making me consider watching the show again. :lol:

Not sure if everyone already knows or not - it was in Entertainment Weekly.

Back
Top Bottom