“The Event” - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
has a

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowningman View Post
I read an article on The Event and it mentioned how the creator had mapped out 5 season's worth of material before he even sold the concept to the TV Studio. So according to the article it might be a slow developing series with slow reveals.
Good.

It was pretty interesting last night. I'll give it a few episodes at least before I make a hard decision.

The worst thing last night was the obnoxious promos at the bottom of the screen. Dammit! Just let the show play, promos should be for into and out of commercial breaks.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:43 AM
I really liked the editing/shooting style of having the plot continuously bend back onto itself, I hope that wasn't just for the pilot, because otherwise it would reek of all the other generic attempts at serial shows in the past few years.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:43 AM
I opted to watch Gossip Girl live and DVR this one, so I haven't watched it yet.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 07:43 AM
subcaps spliced with tv credits in the beginning, ruined it for me from the start... that and the irrelevant and awkward backandforth nonlinear narrative, again with the constant inyourface subcaps...

this is how i think the show will go down:

U.S. gvt. holds alien detention camp in Alaska. These aliens (Innes' character) are from another dimension/reality... "The Event" is where some select unassuming people fall into cracks of other realities, and both realities (Reality A and Reality B) change because the people (like Ritter's character) disappears from Reality A and appears in Reality B. Only the aliens can sense these things... and maybe that's how they roll (travel).
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:43 PM
The show show promise... I'll give it a try. Let's see how it develops.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemole View Post
subcaps spliced with tv credits in the beginning, ruined it for me from the start... that and the irrelevant and awkward backandforth nonlinear narrative, again with the constant inyourface subcaps...

this is how i think the show will go down:

U.S. gvt. holds alien detention camp in Alaska. These aliens (Innes' character) are from another dimension/reality... "The Event" is where some select unassuming people fall into cracks of other realities, and both realities (Reality A and Reality B) change because the people (like Ritter's character) disappears from Reality A and appears in Reality B. Only the aliens can sense these things... and maybe that's how they roll (travel).

Yeah, this is along the lines of what I was thinking. The people could also just be from another reality and have better technology, which would be exactly like Fringe.

Also, there was a slo-mo scene in an airport at the beginning. Really? I'm getting more of a FlashForward vibe than a Lost vibe, and of course that isn't a compliment.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

I must admit, hearing that it's about aliens has me flashing back to my bitterness over what happened with the X-Files, and it makes me not want to even start watching this show.

Yeah, the guy says he has 5 seasons plotted out, but why should I believe him? he's just going to string me along and make shit up as he goes, and I will end up putting my foot through my TV.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #23
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 07:43 AM
I won't watch this show because the marketing for it annoyed the shit out of me.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #24
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I must admit, hearing that it's about aliens has me flashing back to my bitterness over what happened with the X-Files, and it makes me not want to even start watching this show.

Yeah, the guy says he has 5 seasons plotted out, but why should I believe him? he's just going to string me along and make shit up as he goes, and I will end up putting my foot through my TV.
I won't mind being strung-along to a certain degree if the characters are interesting and I care about them. After the first episode, meh...but we'll see.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemole View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Yeah, this is along the lines of what I was thinking. The people could also just be from another reality and have better technology, which would be exactly like Fringe.

Also, there was a slo-mo scene in an airport at the beginning. Really? I'm getting more of a FlashForward vibe than a Lost vibe, and of course that isn't a compliment.

I don't think any of this really requires spoiler tags, since we are not revealing anything for sure, we are only speculating.

There was a lot of speculating the early seasons of Lost, much of it better than what the writers gave us in season 5.

I kind of agree with both of your speculations. These people being held in Alaska could be humans from a different reality or time, perhaps alien or hybrid of some sort. Lets hope they are not reptiles like we have on V.

We could have several episodes of small hints being dropped about who or what they are. That worked for Lost. I just hope it does not get too convoluted. It will all come down to the execution. Good production values will help a lot, too.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #26
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I won't mind being strung-along to a certain degree if the characters are interesting and I care about them. After the first episode, meh...but we'll see.
I'm glad they are letting out the secrets bit by bit, but the show is still kinda meh for me. The story is interesting, but the details are clunky.

The guy managed to run away from the black helicopters in the desert?
The hospital didn't have any security officers to watch the room?
Nobody in Brazil (and the news) has noticed that a plane didn't arrive?

3 more episodes and I'll decide if I quit it.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Ok, the ending of Episode 3 was pretty damned cool.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Ok, the ending of Episode 3 was pretty damned cool.
It's building a bit of momentum. Still not fabulous, but getting interesting.

I think it may have just won me over until the mid-season break.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #29
has a

The Event just got picked up for a full season.

I'm still waffling a little on it, but at least now the rug won't be pulled out from under us too soon.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

I think I would include this on the middle tier of T V programs I am watching.