SURVIVOR - Redemption Island - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Has anyone ever found an idol and not blabbed to at least one person?
Gary (Hawkins) Hogeboom with the original idol, different dynamic back then where he had to reveal he had it before the vote, so it only saved him for one week and it wasn't able to be used to blindside someone else.
Quote:
Also, finding the clues and tossing them may not seem that big of a move. But if others had the clues and could not find the idol, they might get a *clue* about where it really is.
Surprised Grant hasn't questioned why there haven't been any more clues since Rob was originally sharing the clues with him. Maybe he thinks after the merge and change of camp locations that the idol went by the wayside.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I would vote out Natalie or Ashley next. Andrea is on the outs with them anyway, if Matt comes back, she's on the outs with him. She has no real alliance and can be voted out anytime. Time to split the girls up if you're Rob.

It's pretty clear to me what his strategy is: take Phillip (useless and hateful) and one of the girls - Natalie or Ashley (even more useless) to the F3. That pretty much assures him a victory, as it should be anyway.

The unfortunate thing here is that he is surrounded by exceptionally stupid people.
I think his strategy regarding Phillip will backfire. Steve called it out, and I think others will wise up as they get voted off. I think that if it's between Phillip and Rob, Phillip will win, simply because the jurors will want to see Rob's strategy bite him in the butt.

IMO, if Matt's in the finals against an Ometepe, no one else has a chance.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #333
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
I think his strategy regarding Phillip will backfire. Steve called it out, and I think others will wise up as they get voted off. I think that if it's between Phillip and Rob, Phillip will win, simply because the jurors will want to see Rob's strategy bite him in the butt.
wow, that would be an extraordinary level of pettiness.

No coattail riders should win this game, and that's all the rest of Ometepe has been.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 AM
your plan for Rob to make bold moves early just seems too risky, leaving Steve or Ralph in had so much more risks that staying the course. Now whoever goes, Rob can say he was loyal to his tribe, and lay off some of the blame on the others. All he has to do is ask who should go, and follow the suggestion.

As for pettiness influencing the votes, that how it has been going.
So in a 3 person final, I would love to see Phillip win the other two each getting one less vote than Phillip. Making Phillip the winner without even getting over 50%.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #335
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
wow, that would be an extraordinary level of pettiness.

No coattail riders should win this game, and that's all the rest of Ometepe has been.
"Should" is the key word. But as we've seen in the past coattail riders do win this game frequently, and jurors do cast petty votes.

And I actually don't think those votes would be petty. Rob is banking on bringing in an unlikeable to the end because he is sure that will bring him victory. If jurors figure out that strategy and thwart it, I wouldn't call that petty. It's not as if he fooled everyone; it's just that the people who knew what he was doing (Zapatera) were powerless to do anything about it.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Here's my latest thought--perhaps Rob would prefer a jury of five Zapetera and four Ometepe. Unlike his own team mates, the Zaps can't claim that Rob "betrayed" them and thus are less likely to harbor hard feelings. It seems they'd be more likely to make a rational decision rather than one based on resentment at Rob's success. If he's sitting with Philip and Natalie, what would really motivate them to give the money to one of those two who did nothing in the game over Rob--certainly not sour grapes. And if those five are likely to vote for him, then it doesn't matter what his former team mates do.

The guy is a genius, definitely on track to go down as one of the greatest Survivor players ever.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #337
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
The guy is a genius, definitely on track to go down as one of the greatest Survivor players ever.
I think Sugar was one of the greats, as well (in her first season, that is). She did what she set out to do - take out all the "bad guys".
Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

well

what happens next?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #339
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
well

what happens next?
Grant and Ashley think Phil will be out next. Boy will they be mad, when it's Bye Bye Ashley, and then Grant.

Because of this, I think that based on past juries' petty voting records, it's doubtful Rob wins. He's backstabbed too many people, and with Ashley and Grant ousters likely coming soon, that list grows.

Actually, I've had this feeling that the editing is setting us up for a "Good" vs. "Evil" Showdown. I'm thinking the final 3 will include Rob ("Evil") vs. Matt or Mike ("Good")
Old 05-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

But Rob's not really being edited to look "evil" this time out.
In fact if anything he's being made to look like the ultimate player of the game. Every time another player has a notion, we get a Rob confessional showing us he is already a step ahead of that person...like last night when Phillip said he thought Rob was gonna take him to the final assuming he can beat him, but he has an "oral argument" that could change votes, then cut to Rob, "Phillip might have something up his sleeve"...plus the effort put forth in the immunity challenge, he's certainly not coming across as evil, they are editing to build him up, the question is will that be so we can think we've just seen the greatest player ever finally win, or do they build him up so we're stunned when he loses?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #341
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
But Rob's not really being edited to look "evil" this time out.
I don't agree. I think he's being edited to look like an "evil genius cult leader".
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #342
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

This is the Rob show. If he goes home the show dies.

lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #343
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
This is the Rob show. If he goes home the show dies.

lol.
Ha, yeah, I think you're right. I think he'll be in the final 3, but I'm not sure he'll win.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #344
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
Grant and Ashley think Phil will be out next. Boy will they be mad, when it's Bye Bye Ashley, and then Grant.

Because of this, I think that based on past juries' petty voting records, it's doubtful Rob wins. He's backstabbed too many people, and with Ashley and Grant ousters likely coming soon, that list grows.

Actually, I've had this feeling that the editing is setting us up for a "Good" vs. "Evil" Showdown. I'm thinking the final 3 will include Rob ("Evil") vs. Matt or Mike ("Good")
I disagree. He doesn't even need the votes of his own team-mates to win. I can't see Zapetera feeling that he "backstabbed" them and they will dominate the jury. Ironically, when it comes down to the jury vote, the roles will be reversed. As a team Zapetera wil have all the power and the Ometepe jurors will be powerless (provided the teams vote togeether).

The only real competition he would have is Matt in the finals. In that I agree with you.

And to be honest, I really want Rob to win.

I like Matt, but his reward is in heaven (and as a Christian, you know I mean that without irony; really, I think his influence on this season has been profound. Let the mockers mock: I'm becoming convinced that God really did keep on the show--and it had nothing to do with him winning the game.)
Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Final 5 Boot: Grant
Final 5 (Again) Boot: Matt
Final 4 Boot: Ashley

Final 3: Rob/Phillip/Natalie

They've put in far too much effort to show that Rob's endgame involves bringing Phillip & Natalie to the end.

Jury:

Ashley - ?
Matt - ?
Grant - Rob
Andrea - Rob (no respect for Natalie, Phillip won't get any votes)
Mike - Rob
Ralph - Rob
Steve - Rob
Julie - Rob
David - Rob

Despite Natalie having more confessionals lately about showing her strategy and whatever else, I think it's mainly to make her look like a challenger against Rob. There's just not enough time spent showing her playing the game or Rob treating people like shit for him to lose at this point. I'm about 80% certain that the obvious Final 3 will happen and about 20% doubtful that it won't happen because the Redemption Island contestant will win immunities into the finals.