See Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz on Wed Apr 22nd in LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I can't even...

Memphis-Alley-Oop.jpg

Do you think Chris would be receptive to a bunch of people telling him how much last year's XF movie sucked?

Do you think Chris would be receptive to a bunch of people telling him how much last year's XF movie sucked?

Ha, ha. I think if they said it nicely -- just as I would Bono for the last decade of U2; actually writer Frank Spotnitz posts people's criticism of the film on his blog:

Big Light

The only trouble is that a lot of people want to see William return (NOOooooo!) as well as Monica Reyes (Noooo, too).

While I totally agree on the suspense plot, the dialogue and themes have really evolved past anything in the last few seasons of the show; it didn't feel like the same repetition of Mulder and Scully's relationship. The moments between Mulder and Scully were wonderful and they gave Scully a different dynamic in not having to surrender her ambitions to those of Mulder. Even if the Christian parallels were a bit much. I also loved that they had the guts to say a former pedophile wasn't evil. Quite sophisticated actually in moral terms. It just didn't all get expressed right.

I liked it more than the first film, though, which really disappointed me in 1998 after the amazing mythology episodes of Season 5 which led up to that drivel.

Someone tell him to make the 3rd movie

They want to, but the 20th Century Fox won't give a go ahead yet, and it was awaiting the DVD sales for the 2nd film; I have my copy; something tells me you guys don't have yours. :) (Probably 'cause most fans were disappointed.)

Even if the DVD hadn't sold well, I can't believe Fox would give up. I mean The X-Files is a cultural phenomena. Think of how many people have heard of a show, but never watched it like Buffy, which never exceeded 5 million viewers. Or BSG, which is a cult favorite and does well on DVRing, but which so many haven't checked out. Well, so many have at least watched The X-Files. It's a massive commercial success and has probably had a greater artistic impact on TV than Pulp Fiction had on cinema. Fox can't turn away.

While we're on the topic of Chris Carter, you guys HAVE to check out Millennium Season 1. It's as good as the best of The X-Files!

Back
Top Bottom