R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I heard that Dr. Murray never prescribed any of the Propofol that Jackson had been taking. So the question remains, who did, and what is Dr. Murray's culpability?

I saw last night what that "doctor" had allegedly been administering to Michael that night before and the entire overnight and well into the morning because he couldn't sleep. It just boggles the mind that any doctor could be that irresponsible.

MJ was responsible for his own addictions but that doctor certainly didn't have to be a willing participant $$$$ in them.

I saw that too.

If that doctor walked and refused to do it.

What do you think MJ would have done.

Yes, the Doctor deserves some blame. But he tried all night to help MJ get to sleep. Only at around 10:30 am did he give him the propofol.

I am sure he was demanding it all night.

Michael's family tried to to an intervention. He went into rehab in the 90s.

It just seems like he was bound and determined to get all these drugs.

And the last doctor is the one people will want to blame. The person most responsinble was Michael himself. Many of his friends and family members told him to get help.

I don't know what MJ would have done but I do know what the doctor's oath is and that plenty of doctors would not participate in that. He asked Deepak Chopra, his friend, to write him prescriptions and he refused. Even at the risk of losing his friendship that's what he did, because it was the right thing to do as a doctor and as his friend and because he genuinely cared about him. I hardly think it was the first time Dr. Murray did that all night and all day and whenever.

It's not just the issue of Propofol, it's possible drug interactions and any responsible doctor would take that into account.

People who knew him have said you 'couldn't tell Michael "NO"'. This doctor wanted to please him because he had given up his practice and Michael was his only patient- but he should have realized the disaster he'd face if something went wrong. It cost MJ his life and will surely cost the doctor his career.

If what's in an affidavit is true and he waited 82 minutes to call 911 while making cell phone calls to Vegas (where his storage unit is, if I'm not mistaken) and Houston-well that's trouble and blame enough for him and that's certainly not Michael Jackson's fault. Of course his lawyer is suggesting that the police account of that is not true.

well yeah but if one of my parents had been killed, i'd want justice to be served. while i don't believe in an eye for an eye, if a doctor did something (or didn't do something) causing one of my parents to die, i'd want them to lose their license and face jail time. if he's not brought to trial, michael's death would be in vain.

i'm not saying the man is guilty of anything, a trial will prove that, but i'm just saying how i'd feel if it had been my father that had died. i don't think anyone, not even his kids, thinks this will bring their daddy back.

I hate scanning things.

Well, what the hell. :angry: you just can't waltz in here and announce that GQ has the best pictures ever and not share!
grumpywaiting-1.gif

So did they not bury him on his birthday (yesterday) as was announced? Did they wait because Ted K. stole his thunder by being buried that day? The radio stations had daylong tributes yesterday but I never heard a thing about him being put away.

I'm pretty sure it was already decided about a week ago that they were going to wait a couple extra days for whatever reason

I thought it belonged here instead of in the VMA thread, but they showed the trailer for the movie of MJ's rehearsal footage. Incredible. Absolutely fucking incredible. The man was moving like he did 20 years ago, and he seemed so happy for the first time in a long time. He looked and sounded incredible. I know parts were lip synched, but he was clearly singing live quite a bit as well. That show would've been amazing. Damn, the VMAs for making me cry twice last night, first with Madonna's amazing speech and then seeing this and realizing what the world missed out on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwVvIIvFdgw

I should imagine those 2 weeks will sell out very quickly ww.

Just glad I saw him in the 80's, but still wishing I could see him next year too :sad:

That "This Is It" trailer footage looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see it.

I never had the chance to see him live in my lifetime because he never came to Seattle (i grew up near there) when he was in his solo career. I feel bummed out about it. The last time he was there was in 1979 with Jackson 5 when I was a baby :sad:

I thought it belonged here instead of in the VMA thread, but they showed the trailer for the movie of MJ's rehearsal footage. Incredible. Absolutely fucking incredible. The man was moving like he did 20 years ago, and he seemed so happy for the first time in a long time. He looked and sounded incredible. I know parts were lip synched, but he was clearly singing live quite a bit as well. That show would've been amazing. Damn, the VMAs for making me cry twice last night, first with Madonna's amazing speech and then seeing this and realizing what the world missed out on.

YouTube - Michael Jackson's This Is It - Official MTV Video Music Awards HD Trailer [2009]

This looks awesome :love: still blows me away that none of it came to be :sad:

That "This Is It" trailer footage looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see it.

I never had the chance to see him live in my lifetime because he never came to Seattle (i grew up near there) when he was in his solo career. I feel bummed out about it. The last time he was there was in 1979 with Jackson 5 when I was a baby :sad:

I'm sorry you never had the chance. I was lucky enough to once see him, and it cemented my respect for him and his immaculately flawless performing.

I've never known which MJ was the real one; whether it was the permanent man-child who just wanted life to be a fairytale for every child, as he never had in childhood, or the carefully crafted neurotic persona which proved over a career to be both a hindrance and a huge help. I don't think it entirely matters. I don't believe the allegations, for numerous reasons. I'm not even sure he was as broke as implied. Again, it's not really important, being broke I mean. Like his music or not, the man was a genius. I felt privileged to see it in action. I was witness to something amazing by an incredible performer. I'm thankful. I shouldn't be as shocked as I was. He always said he'd never live to old age. He just knew. I hope he's free now from whatever demons he lived with. He gave a lot of joy through music to many people.

I'm sorry you never had the chance. I was lucky enough to once see him, and it cemented my respect for him and his immaculately flawless performing.

I've never known which MJ was the real one; whether it was the permanent man-child who just wanted life to be a fairytale for every child, as he never had in childhood, or the carefully crafted neurotic persona which proved over a career to be both a hindrance and a huge help. I don't think it entirely matters. I don't believe the allegations, for numerous reasons. I'm not even sure he was as broke as implied. Again, it's not really important, being broke I mean. Like his music or not, the man was a genius. I felt privileged to see it in action. I was witness to something amazing by an incredible performer. I'm thankful. I shouldn't be as shocked as I was. He always said he'd never live to old age. He just knew. I hope he's free now from whatever demons he lived with. He gave a lot of joy through music to many people.

Beautiful post.:sad::love: It's heartbreaking to me that I've never seen him live. He's always been one of my favorite artists. I remember the first time I ever saw anything of is. My mom and dad were playing music videos when I was about 5, and I fell in love with "Black or White". There was just something magical about him like Madonna said last night. He was a musical genius and he had one of the purest spirits I've ever seen. He wasn't perfect, but clearly all he wanted to do was help people and bring joy to the world with his music and resources, and he did that a thousand times over.

If it's any consolation to you guys who've never seen him live, there really is so glaringly little difference between a film clip and a live performance. He is so absolutely flawless, it is just like watching a video of him. I recall actually taking stock of the surreality of it at a few times during his concert, and thinking, "This is Michael Jackson and it's him right there, not an image... he's... human! He eats just like me, he sleeps, he cries, laughs, cracks the shits, daydreams, watches tv... " It was a very strange thing. It could almost have been me watching a screen with 90,000 others, if he didn't occasionally say, "Hello, Sydney!" and throw his hat to the crowd, etc. It was very un-real, you know? I almost wonder if anyone has ever gotten close to such an enigma. I don't see how you can.

I really run the risk of rambling on for hours, so I best stop. I'm glad there's so many others who appreciate all that he was, too.
:)

Great posts Angela, and whoa if that trailer isn't stunning and transcendent. I didn't have an interest given the seeming cash grab, but there's such a relevance given his death and it does look to highlight the great things we should and hopefully will remember, I'll be there.

As soon as 'Man In The Mirror' started in that trailer I lost it a bit.

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here :))) and say that it will get extended in cinemas. Remember - that Hannah Montana concert movie was meant to be on for one week and stayed around for two months...

On the other hand if they are saying only 2 weeks in cinemas the dvd must be coming out before christmas...

Back
Top Bottom