Patrick Swayze - Cancer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that's good. Nice to know the gossip rags don't have to start working on his obit yet.

Thank God those gossip rags were wrong, at least about the time frame. Here's hoping the diseasne can be fully eradicated, and he can one of the few survivors of this horrible cancer.:pray:

I'd rather be shot than have pancreatic cancer, it is a miserable way to go. The pancreas is one angry, unforgiving organ.

It IS true. :sad:

6-12 months to live...he could very well pull through. They supposedly caught it early.

From imdb:

6 March 2008

Swayze's Doctor Disputes Near-Death Reports

Patrick Swayze's doctor has confirmed the actor has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - but insists he's not as close to death as reports suggest. Tabloid and internet reports suggested the Ghost star was fighting for his life and had been given just five weeks to live, but his physician Dr. George Fisher suggests he's a lot more optimistic about the actor's recovery. In a statement issued to Wenn on Wednesday, Dr. Fisher says, "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic." The Dirty Dancing hunk's publicist Annett Wolf adds, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-03-06/

It is so amusing how media jumps in and blows things so wildly out of proportion, especially regarding something like this. Any pancreatic cancer patient's prognosis depends on the amount of disease. If Swayze is undergoing treatment at Stanford that is good news as he is in the best hand and receiving the best of care. He could live for years, especially if he has a fighting spirit. I know someone who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and she had surgery, underwent treatment and is still alive tho in frail health, 6 years later. So there is hope.

night_and_day66 said:

Are there any that forgive? :shrug:

Angry Organ...
thats the name of my new band.
:rockon:

sorry.
I had to.

Actually, the liver is a pretty forgiving organ. You can remove half of it and the remaining part will regenerate, nearly restoring full function. On the other hand, it seems that if you just look at the pancreas the wrong way, then it'll start misbehaving. To quote my anatomy professor, "don't fuck with the pancreas."

It would make a great band name too.

randhail said:

Actually, the liver is a pretty forgiving organ. You can remove half of it and the remaining part will regenerate, nearly restoring full function. On the other hand, it seems that if you just look at the pancreas the wrong way, then it'll start misbehaving. To quote my anatomy professor, "don't fuck with the pancreas."

It would make a great band name too.

rut roh.. :yikes:

I vote for a slight variation.... "The Fucking Angry Pancreas". :rockon:

And they could have a big, purple-colored pipe organ with red ghost flames that they bring on stage for every show & perform 10 minute solos on. :cool:

:ohmy: :D

To the matter at hand, though - I hope Swayze pulls through in flying colors & proves all the gossips rags wrong! :up:

Last edited:
Not Patrick Swayze! Ghost was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid...I still cry when I catch the re-runs. :sad: If he dies, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom