Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fantastic. Wish I had a color printer closer to me at work, I'd have one of those on my desk.

Heads up, Aubrey Plaza was on Conan tonight. I've seen a handful of interviews with her on late-night talk shows and this was easily the best. it seems that for the most part the interviewers either don't understand her humor, or just don't know what to do with her. But here, Conan seemed to get it, and she seemed a bit more comfortable than usual and the interview was a lot of fun.

I think the girl is brilliant, and might actually be some sort of comic genius. Not to mention really hot.

I saw her interview with Letterman, it was awful (though so is Letterman). She bought up how she had a stroke and they talked about that for a few minutes in a serious tone.

I'm going to try to get a gif of the Andyface that threw me for a loop.

Also, Aubrey Plaza was looking fly as a mothafucka.

I'm going to try to get a gif of the Andyface that threw me for a loop.

fayhcx.gif

Also I forgot to mention.... DAYYYYYUUUUUUM Rashida Jones. I'd send her a picture of my penis, if you get my meaning. Andy's face was hilarious too

The pilot was the weakest episode.

I couldn't find a "Party Down" thread but thought there might be some Adam Scott/"Party Down" fans here so wanted to share that at last night's Live Talks LA event with Scott and Jane Lynch they said filming on the "Party Down" movie should begin next summer.

that might be the scariest gif i've ever seen.

i watched the pilot. i think i almost laughed once. no, i'm lying. i didn't.
The first season is pretty weak. The beginning of the second season is where they figure it out. It's pretty much been great every episode since.

Excellent news on the PD movie. Glad that's moving along.

As for the matter at hand, how many shows actually had really good pilots? Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under and.... what else? It's not a long list.

I'd argue that any show that has a pilot that isn't bad is an exception to the rule. TV pilots are incredibly difficult to pull off, as the most interesting thing about TV shows is operating plot points in the world of established characters. The job of establishing those characters at the beginning is much more difficult, because it's hard to do so naturally.

The Wire had a pretty good pilot from what I remember.

I actually don't really remember the pilot of The Wire very clearly. I know that Omar ain't in it. Season 1 is pretty easily my favorite season of the show, though. Followed probably by Season 2.

Those seasons are in need of a rewatch soon.

Excellent news on the PD movie. Glad that's moving along.

As for the matter at hand, how many shows actually had really good pilots? Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under and.... what else? It's not a long list.

Friday Night Lights, hoss. The West Wing.

Behind every successful man is me, smiling and taking partial credit.

Back
Top Bottom