LOST: The Final Season -Part 2- It only ends once - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #646
Refugee

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Probably also worth reminding yourself that like a month or two ago I said that Lost was the pinnacle of American television, based on what I've seen. And I'll remind you, myself, that I still agree with that. Might help you to chill out, although I have enjoyed your overreactions. They speak volumes about how insecure you are (for no reason) in your enjoyment of the show. (Not talking to you, Lance. I didn't know you watched Lost...?)
"...pinnacle of American television..." - You're kidding right? Half decent show with some brilliant moments and more filler than any show in history maybe. For "pinnacle" I suggest you try The Shield, The Wire, The Larry Sanders Show and Rod Serling's Twilight Zone. Oh, and probably the first couple of seasons of All In The Family as well as the first couple of seasons of Homicide:Life On The Street.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #647
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
"...pinnacle of American television..." - You're kidding right? Half decent show with some brilliant moments and more filler than any show in history maybe. For "pinnacle" I suggest you try The Shield, The Wire, The Larry Sanders Show and Rod Serling's Twilight Zone. Oh, and probably the first couple of seasons of All In The Family as well as the first couple of seasons of Homicide:Life On The Street.
ROFL

caps lock

Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #648
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #649
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
They must have a different version of American television in Canada, eh?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #650
War Child

Local Time: 05:55 PM
The secret to lost:

Life's one long con.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #651
Ghost of Love

It's pretty amusing how emotionally invested people are in their 'understanding' or 'interpretation' of what this was all about. Maybe they didn't read the interviews too clearly.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #652
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Probably also worth reminding yourself that like a month or two ago I said that Lost was the pinnacle of American television, based on what I've seen.
At least as hilarious as Laz's ass-backwards bitterness about other people not loving or viewing the show in exactly the same was that he does or his just disappearing, after such in(s)anity is pointed out, is the apparent illiteracy of many posters. Seriously, people should A) Relax, because I don't think that anybody at whom people are so upset is actually upset, him/herself (gvox, i think, was one of several hundred thousand people who initially thought the credits sequence implied that everyone died in 2004???? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIM, THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT??????); and B) Read. And then re-read, before posting.

I don't care to find my original post, Harry, but apart from the massive and obvious qualifier of "based on what I've seen," I should further clarify--I was talking about dramas, rather than comedies, and was talking about series peaks. Like, I think that Lost, during my favorite run of the show, was better than any other US TV drama run I've ever seen. I really enjoyed most of the first and second seasons (that's my idea of the show's high point, although the season 3 finale is my favorite single episode). maybe half of the third, not much from the fourth (just a few individual episodes which are some of my favorites), respectable chunks of season five, and very, very little of the sixth season.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #653
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Maybe they didn't read the interviews too clearly.
I was too busy watching the show.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #654
Refugee

Local Time: 03:55 PM
I'd put it up there with the best American TV has to offer. Certainly no TV show has had the same impact in our household as Lost has, definitely one of the best ever.

However no discussion of "Pinnacle" can be taken seriously without Arrested Development or Seinfeld in there too.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #655
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's amusing how much some people want to argue about it. Or maybe that really has nothing to do with Lost.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #656
Ghost of Love

Quote:
(gvox, i think, was one of several hundred thousand people who initially thought the credits sequence implied that everyone died in 2004???? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIM, THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT??????);
I actually didn't even watch the credits sequence I had walked away and lit off a fireworks (it's our may long wknd up here). I thought that they had all died in the crash (or at minimum a long time ago in the series), actually. But your points are well taken.

Nothing anyone has written here or elsewhere disproves that idea, either. I feel that people are overinterpreting Christian's deliberately mystical and cryptic answers to Jack's need to know specifics. When Christian said "everyone dies sometime kiddo" does that apply only to the characters of the show or is it more a general statement on the circle of life? It's funny some people actually sound just like Jack: in denial and vainly holding onto a specific rational explanation for everything or trying to figure out "real" "here" and "now" etc.

At any rate opinions of others on Lost boards, U2 boards etc aren't fact and frankly beligerently asserting that the Island was "real" (and inherently, all the crazy apparitions, occurrences etc that happened there) seems more of a stretch than believing that they were dead and their souls were looking for redemption/release. Everything I've thought about this show is solely the result of me watching it and, of late, reading a few interviews with the producers. You know, the interviews where they said it would be open to interpretation and leave many questions unanswered?

Anyways, one of the first things that got me thinking about it all not being reality but in fact some sort of spirit world of lost souls / purgatory / whatever, was good ol' Smoky. That entire concept is mythology/religion based, and there was never going to be a possible rational scientific explanation for that.

What I find hysterical is people who write here and elsewhere "WRONG! 1000000% DEAD WRONG!" (in all caps, no less) to someone's interpretation of the thing. Why? Is it that offensive to these people? Would it somehow sully the memory of the show or the characters if the writers out and out said 'guys - they died in the crash, and the island was limbo/gateway to life/death' - or, at minimum, a significant number of viewers believed it to be so?

Would people care less about the losties if it was their spirits who were experiencing all these things? I don't really believe in that in real life as part of my "faith", but I have to say that I cared about the characters probably as much as the next person, and that was on the basis of my hunch that they were actually dead! When it was revealed in the church that they were and they all came full circle/had the flashes of happy/sad memories etc, I was just as happy/sad for them as I would have been if I had been going on the assumption that they were alive.

In the end, who cares what I or other people think? It's just a show, it's over, and whether or not we all agree on how it ended is not really important. Sortof runs contrary to the intent of the thing, also..

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #657
Blue Crack Distributor

I just realized that Kate and Sawyer had actually been forced to help build that runway that they escaped the island on. Cool.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #658
Neon Zebra

gvox, if they actually died when the plane crashed how do you explain the Oceanic Six?

In your interpretation, did the six actually never go back?

What about Widmore's freighter? Did that blow up due to...?

What about Ben? Who's he been talking to the whole time both on and off the island?

What about Juliet being brought to the island?

Or did none of that exist? At all?

I'm not mocking you, I'm genuinely asking, especially since I haven't read any other online theories other than the ones posted here in this thread since the finale.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #659
Blue Crack Distributor

Also, if the island time wasn't real and they all died in the original 815 crash, they wouldn't have gotten to know each other, and thus, wouldn't have been important to each other, nullifying their need to meet again in the afterlife (and, the entire purpose of the show).
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #660
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
gvox, if they actually died when the plane crashed how do you explain the Oceanic Six?

In your interpretation, did the six actually never go back?

What about Widmore's freighter? Did that blow up due to...?

What about Ben? Who's he been talking to the whole time both on and off the island?

What about Juliet being brought to the island?

Or did none of that exist? At all?

I'm not mocking you, I'm genuinely asking, especially since I haven't read any other online theories other than the ones posted here in this thread since the finale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Also, if the island time wasn't real and they all died in the original 815 crash, they wouldn't have gotten to know each other, and thus, wouldn't have been important to each other, nullifying their need to meet again in the afterlife (and, the entire purpose of the show).
You guys are missing the main point: A decision was made after watching the first 5 minutes of the show 7 years ago, that everyone was dead. Why are you not following this?

Tags
lost