Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
070727-photo.jpg

Indy IV and The Dark Knight both in the same season???:combust:

Shia looks like he's missing a chromosome or two in that photo, but everyone else looks fantastic.

Karen Allen is still gorgeous, and I have to admit that Harrison is getting better looking with age. Ray Winstone's lookin sharp as well.

And Steven looks like he just stepped off the 9th green.

Hey what about this? Maybe that was the only thing worthwhile in that show.

Shia LaBeouf reveals title of ‘Indy 4’

LAS VEGAS - The highly anticipated fourth installment of the “Indiana Jones” series will be called “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.”

Actor Shia LaBeouf, who stars in the upcoming film alongside Harrison Ford, made the announcement about the title at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night.

LaBeouf revealed the title on stage to a loud cheer from the audience.

“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” will be released on May 22, 2008.

:grumpy:

i prefered "City of Gods" more.

now let's start imagining that it's going to be terrible like they do in WTAHNN 9 months before a new U2 release ... :drool:

I think it's a little premature to be calling the title crap or amazing, since we have absolutely no idea what the plot is.

I do agree that City of the Gods was a cool sounding title, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has its own badassery doesn't it? "Kingdom" suggesting a grandiosity, relating to some ancient civilization, "Crystal" implying some mythical or magical connotation, along the lines of the Ark or the Holy Grail without being blatently "of the Gods", and "Skull" which is obviously badass on its own rights.

When you put it all together, what do you get?

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy comes out of retirement, meets up with his old and coolest love interest, teams up with his goofy-looking son (neat reversal of positions from the last crusade), gets the awesome Ray Winstone as a side-kick and goes looking for some relic of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Sounds totally epic and badass, if you ask me. So let's just wait and see.

It's been confirmed that LeBouf plays his son, and that Karen Allen is returning to reprise her role. It may or may not have been confirmed that she's his mother, but I'm pretty sure that's to be inferred either way.

Lancemc said:
I think it's a little premature to be calling the title crap or amazing, since we have absolutely no idea what the plot is.

I do agree that City of the Gods was a cool sounding title, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has its own badassery doesn't it? "Kingdom" suggesting a grandiosity, relating to some ancient civilization, "Crystal" implying some mythical or magical connotation, along the lines of the Ark or the Holy Grail without being blatently "of the Gods", and "Skull" which is obviously badass on its own rights.

When you put it all together, what do you get?

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy comes out of retirement, meets up with his old and coolest love interest, teams up with his goofy-looking son (neat reversal of positions from the last crusade), gets the awesome Ray Winstone as a side-kick and goes looking for some relic of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Sounds totally epic and badass, if you ask me. So let's just wait and see.

And Cate Blanchett plays a badass communist.

LemonMacPhisto said:

And Cate Blanchett plays a badass communist.

Damn, I almost forgot.

Seriously, maybe her skull is made of crystal, and she can shoot lazors out of it. I hope so anyway. :drool:

phanan said:

Sounds like a Harry Potter title.

I thought the same thing.

Then again, one could argue that all of the Harry Potter titles were influenced by the titles 'The Temple Of Doom' and 'The Last Crusade'.

Lancemc said:
It's been confirmed that LeBouf plays his son, and that Karen Allen is returning to reprise her role. It may or may not have been confirmed that she's his mother, but I'm pretty sure that's to be inferred either way.

Where've you seen that? The last few sources I've seen have said that he's not Indy's son----the most impressive being Harrisson Ford saying that the only son in the Indy series is himself (with regard to Indy & his dad). The biggest description I've seen for LeBouf's character is only "greaser," and that he might be one of Indy's students.

Utoo said:

Where've you seen that? The last few sources I've seen have said that he's not Indy's son----the most impressive being Harrisson Ford saying that the only son in the Indy series is himself (with regard to Indy & his dad). The biggest description I've seen for LeBouf's character is only "greaser," and that he might be one of Indy's students.

Turns out you might be right. Guess I was comfuzed. What I was thinking of was the Empire Magazine article that states Lebouf is playing Ravenwood's son, but that the identity of his father was unclear.

Lancemc said:

Turns out you might be right. Guess I was comfuzed. What I was thinking of was the Empire Magazine article that states Lebouf is playing Ravenwood's son, but that the identity of his father was unclear.

Given LeBouf's age and the ending of Raiders, that still leaves the door wide open for LeBouf to be Indy's.

namkcuR said:

Given LeBouf's age and the ending of Raiders, that still leaves the door wide open for LeBouf to be Indy's.

"Don't look Marion, keep your eyes shut!"

Back
Top Bottom