Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That wasn't a plot contrivance. Walt's blatant admission of everything had more to do with how he still trusted Jesse to never rat on him, than it being a moment of panic. They made that pretty obvious with Walt's reaction to Saul suggesting sending Jesse to "Belize"/putting Old Yeller down. And his reaction of shock/anger/betrayal at the end of the last episode when he realizes Jesse actually has ratted on him.

Behind all his calculated machiavellian manipulation of Jesse, Walt still actually cares about him. Walt and Jesse's chemistry has been the centerpiece of Breaking Bad's brilliance. The father-son dynamic of their relationship has been exhibited throughout the series. And I think it's brilliant how Walt's blind spot for Jesse has turned out to be his Achilles heel.

We got a message from the Emergency Broadcast System at a key moment in tonight's episode. (Not to make light of the horrific weather that is affecting a lot of people here, but it was just weird.)

I used to think it could be a Walt vs Hank showdown at the end, but it's looking Walt vs Jesse now. At least I sure hope so. Walt vs the nazis (a single season entity) just wouldn't be the same.

Jesse could have the (chemistry) smarts to get out of this thing with the nazi boy. I'm pulling for him to pull something from his memory and hope something stuck, enough for him to poison the psycho kid.

And this episode. Oh. My. God. Wow.

I don't know that there was anything in this episode in particular that would make me say this, I just feel compelled to say it, as a cumulative effect over this season...and you can check the old thread, I was a critic of hers, but if Anna Gunn doesn't win the Emmy next September, they need to stop giving Emmy awards.

I hated her. And now I just empathize with her totally, somehow. She has won me over. And I don't attribute it to the writing. She has made a lot of questionable decisions within the story, obviously. She should be almost as unlikable as Walt at this point...almost. You know what I mean. I just...this season, somehow, I like her. I just do. That has to be to Anna Gunn's credit. She's fucking selling it.

He was getting Skylar off the hook as much as he could with that phone call.

Will the Nazis come for her?

Will Walt come for Jesse?

No shit has ever gotten more real than we just saw.

Probably Cranston's greatest performance on the show so far.

Whooo. Gut wrenching from start to finish. Looking at Walt's bearded future, I'm thinking the machine gun is for the Nazis, and the ricin ciggie for either Uncle Jack or Jesse. Heisey is gonna go out with a bang.

I hope the universe of show creators and writers are watching. Because THIS is how you end the best effing show on television. Brilliant. Can't wait for the last two. And unlike other series finales, where I was always watching with the nagging suspicion that they wouldn't be able to pull it off (Sopranos, yuck; Lost, meh; Dexter, it's going to suck), I've had have no such worries since the last few episodes.

That time compression and fast reveal of all of these threads (in what, two weeks max?) are what's making for a thrilling endgame. How are folks digesting the whole series at one time gonna feel about this?

7CAfzuL.jpg

That was a very intense episode.

Im wondering if Walter kills everyone but spares Todd. Or maybe Jesse kills Todd, hell, maybe Jesse kills Walt. Or Marie kills Walt....

This shit could go a bunch of different directions. But there's definitely some shit fixing to go down.....

Granite State and then Felina, and then im going to need some fucking therapy

Probably Cranston's greatest performance on the show so far.

Agreed. Watching him roar at Skyler into the telephone, only to weep uncontrollably seconds after hanging up was some powerful acting. Right up there with Walt's murder of Krazy 8 as his most heart-wrenching performance (that scene is possibly the only one that's made my cry; it's even harder to watch now that we know what it has led up to).

Really starting to reach favorite drama ever territory now. I'm starting to believe that the writers aren't going to fuck this up at all. 5 awesome seasons.

Back
Top Bottom