Breaking Bad II - Always say "thank you" to Walt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I took from the 'cliffhanger' was that I'm supposed to believe that Walt kills Jessie.

Because we know he doesn't succeed in burning that house down.
#downsideofflashforwards

Which means, obviously, he doesn't. At least not any time soon. Also, as I said last week, I don't think it serves the story. Yet. So I am going with Jessie living to the series finale, if not beyond. I guess we'll see.

What I took from the 'cliffhanger' was that I'm supposed to believe that Walt kills Jessie.

Because we know he doesn't succeed in burning that house down.
#downsideofflashforwards

Which means, obviously, he doesn't. At least not any time soon. Also, as I said last week, I don't think it serves the story. Yet. So I am going with Jessie living to the series finale, if not beyond. I guess we'll see.

Supposedly, they recorded a reading of AP and BC reading through the final episode together fpr the first time and it will be released with the bluRay.

I agree. That's what I mean with my suspension of disbelief with this show. It's written and carried out so well I don't think about any of that stuff while I'm watching. Sure the next day someone on the internet can go oh please no one can walk around with half their face missing, and then I might go, oh, ok I guess... but was I thinking that at the the time? No, I was going OH MY GOD! I don't see the logical faults that someone might point out later while I'm watching at all.

And as for things conveniently falling into place to make the story more incredible and exciting? Yeah, that's what makes some of the best fictional stories so great! That's what makes you not want to put the book down because you can't wait to see what might happen next.

And also, it's not like Gus was exactly walking around with half his head blown off. Taking a few muscle-memory staggers and keeling over might be a more accurate description. So you know, they stretch it, but it's not Die Hard or anything.

Some interesting thoughts on the evolution if Skylar:

There's no doubt she was freaked out by her conversation with Hank at the diner -- it was yet another masterful confrontation in a show chock-full of them -- but she also kept her cool to a remarkable degree. Her "Am I under arrest?" was not only a genuinely desperate question -- that was also an effective bit of theater that got Hank to back off his self-serving White Knight routine. Skyler is working on a lot of levels here, and we'll know what she's planned for these controlling men when she's good and ready for us to know.

The proof really is in the pudding here: Ultimately Skyler's arc is an overt and concrete rejection of "the antihero's wife as victim" trope. "Breaking Bad" may have unconsciously fed into that trend when it started out, but it's energetically spent the last season and a half making Skyler every bit as formidable as Walt, Hank or Gus.

Skyler may not have many options left, but she's certainly not a passive player in all this; she's not waiting for Walt make his final moves or for Hank to rescue her. She's not a football to be thrown between two men who are equally obsessed with each other. The Skyler of Season 1 is long gone: In Season 5, she is is a formidable woman, and her quest to hang onto her independence and save her kids will probably determine how the dominoes fall.

So really, the worst thing Hank could have said to her is, "Here's what we're going to do." The look on her face said, "There's no 'we' here. Now get out of my way."

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3777728?utm_hp_ref=maureen-ryan

What struck me rewarching the first season was how prissy she was when confronting Jessie about the (lie about) marijuana. I generally agree that the show really is about masculinity and resentment, and in the beginning she was a part of the suburban world that Walt was in some way subverting. But from "I fucked Ted" on, she's as complex as anyone who isn't Walt or Jessie.

And also, it's not like Gus was exactly walking around with half his head blown off. Taking a few muscle-memory staggers and keeling over might be a more accurate description. So you know, they stretch it, but it's not Die Hard or anything.

He was walking around. In fact, he was fixing his tie. Hardly what I would call a muscle-memory stagger. Nothing that over-the-top was in Die Hard.

He was walking around. In fact, he was fixing his tie. Hardly what I would call a muscle-memory stagger. Nothing that over-the-top was in Die Hard.

They wanted to make it a little 'WTF' moment, based on the kind of character Gus had been. But he was basically fucked.

See if it had been Die Hard, the guy would somehow have survived. That's all I mean.

Some interesting thoughts on the evolution if Skylar:

What struck me rewarching the first season was how prissy she was when confronting Jessie about the (lie about) marijuana. I generally agree that the show really is about masculinity and resentment, and in the beginning she was a part of the suburban world that Walt was in some way subverting. But from "I fucked Ted" on, she's as complex as anyone who isn't Walt or Jessie.
I distinctly recall almost all of my issues with Skyler's character coming from the first season and a half or so.

She wasn't my favorite character at first, but I don't think I ever disagreed with her decisions in the beginning. I felt her reactions toward Walt and his crap were valid. But people change over time, and I don't mind her so much anymore. Her decisions are starting to freak me out a little though. But then, she's in such an impossible spot, I guess she's doing what she feels she has to, thanks to Walt screwing up their lives.

FTR, Irvine, I didn't read that spoiler tag. I don't want any spoilers for this show.

But given the context of the reply, it makes me think certain things...

FTR, Irvine, I didn't read that spoiler tag. I don't want any spoilers for this show.

But given the context of the reply, it makes me think certain things...

I was erring on the side of extreme caution. :)

As spoilers go, it's pretty mild, and I read it in a very mainstream publication.

Die Hard was actually full of over the top moments.

It's far more down-to-earth than most of the action movies from that era. Hence its reputation today. Yes, there are still plenty of preposterous moments, but there are no tie-fixing villains with half of their face blown off around.

It's far more down-to-earth than most of the action movies from that era. Hence its reputation today. Yes, there are still plenty of preposterous moments, but there are no tie-fixing villains with half of their face blown off around.

Are we talking the original or the sequels? I don't recall much about the original as its been some time since I have seen it...however....some of the moments in the latter movies were absurd.

Are we talking the original or the sequels? I don't recall much about the original as its been some time since I have seen it...however....some of the moments in the latter movies were absurd.

Original. The great one. I only like the third one as far as sequels are concerned. The two films that were made in this century I tend to ignore ever happened.

That isn't the best example to compare it to, but I'm so glad Breaking Bad is going to be ending on a high note and at a logical time for the story to reach closure. So many shows were ruined by unnecessary extension and pointless new seasons for no other reason but money. I'd argue this scenario is even worse than the Deadwood situation, where the show is painfully cancelled before time.

That reminds me of the good ol' days when the audience would hoot and holler every time Al Bundy sauntered on set with a hand down his pants.

Last night's episode was a classic. The ending was a bit of a dud, but I suppose the drama has to be spread out somehow.

Far from a classic, and one of the weakest episodes in a while.

The "mean-looking guy is actually just a daddy waiting for his little girl!" fake-out was fucking amateur hour.

Back
Top Bottom