Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh, I want IMAX shoes! Ha ha.

I don't think they are. At least the one I'm seeing. I told my friend if it was 3-D IMAX, I'd request to go to another theater, because I saw Avatar in that format, and it was a bit too much for my ~delicate sensitive~ eyes.

Nolan makes good films
he does not do that 3d (cash grab) bullshit

he puts depth and perception in the old fashion way, skill

Last I checked, (last night) it was about 90% on Rotten Tomatoes on 40 odd reviews.
I didn't read anything, don't want to be spoiled. Just saw the number.

I tend to think films that receive much higher than 90% are often overrated and often fall victim to trendiness (i.e. critics reviewing it well because they're 'supposed' to like it). Plus, you always have to figure in 'comic film' snobbery. 90% is a damn good number.

But this ain't your garden variety Avengers bullshit.
And you aren't going to see a fucking Lizard Man pop up halfway through.
This is the God damned BATMAN.

Tom Hardy looks insanely ripped. Long way from Shinzon...or however you spell it.

A friend just picked up tickets for a midnight screening on Thursday. So I'll be seeing this bad boy in like 54 hours.

Post lunch, pre dinner party on Saturday for me. Can't face the IMAX hordes so seeing it on VMAX in the city instead. Excited!

Last I checked, (last night) it was about 90% on Rotten Tomatoes on 40 odd reviews.
I didn't read anything, don't want to be spoiled. Just saw the number.

these points tend to go down a bit

TDK is at 94%

this is down to 87%
about the same as Batman Begins

I think I just lowered my expectations a bit.

It's a great film no doubt. My only gripe is with the ending which seemed over and done in a hurry, otherwise the rest of the story built up nicely to the end.

It's a great film no doubt. My only gripe is with the ending which seemed over and done in a hurry, otherwise the rest of the story built up nicely to the end.

I agree. I didn't care much for the ending AT ALL (I'm sure it will be a big talking point) but great movie nonetheless. Not as good as TDK, but that was always going to be a big ask.

in about 30 days, I expect this movie to be rated Nolan's 6th or 7th best film on RottenTomatoes site.

I will see it tomorrow. I expect it to be one of the best films I see this year.

Good Lord, WHAT?? What the fuck?

Ugh, I don't even want to talk about the film knowing that shit. I don't really have anything to say at the moment that's spoiler-worthy anyway. It was a good popcorn flick, a bit bloated but action-packed and entertaining as a fan of the series. Bane is nowhere near the "hook" Joker is though; I didn't find that particular character or performance as riveting as Ledger's Joker, and the film lost some firepower without Aaron Eckhart. Still a lot of fun, and the ending was great for various reasons I won't get into right now. A solid 7.

Well, it wasn't The Dark Knight by any stretch, but I found it quite enjoyable. Had some gaping plot holes, especially around Bane, and the audio (at least at our theater) was horrible. I couldn't understand half of the dialogue (missed out on a bit of key plot as a result) because it was either too muffled or the score was too damn loud. I loved the twist, but the actual ending was fairly predictable. Anyways, I was definitely entertained. Worth the lost sleep I'll suffer tomorrow.

EDIT: I didn't read the thread before I posted. That is just awful news. Why? Why would someone do that?

Fucking christ, that's terrible.

Same here, LeMel. I just got back from the movie and was ready to settle in and do a little write-up, but now I don't even think I want to.

Fucking terrifying, awful shit. God dammit.

It's 12 dead now? What the fuck. Fuck this.

But yeah, the audio was horrible. The score was comically loud in spots.

It's going to be interesting to see how this story gets spun in the morning. Masked psychopaths imitating Batman villains?? Look what Hollywood is doing to society!

Nah, these are just awful pieces of shit doing shitty things to hurt people. I've got to go to bed but I don't think I can.

Great, the media's already got their fucking story: "Aurora, a suburb of Denver, is not far from Littleton, scene of the Columbine High School massacre in 1999 that claimed 13 lives."

Shit, they're calling it Columbine II?

I guess it's always easier to write a sequel. I'm glad my job does not involve me writing shit like this, for the moment.

This is just fucking devastating. I don't even know what to say. I'm sad and angry, and I'm going to try to go to sleep. Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom