Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie Holmes isn't a bad actress by any stretch, but she certainly couldn't elevate poor material.

Agreed, she's not as bad as most people make her out to be, but she needs to find some better projects.

1:30 teaser trailer to screen in front of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II.

Nah, it's just the only movie with the chance to beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record. :D

Also,

TheDarkKnightRises_TeaserPoster.jpg

I get the whole bat motif and all, considering... but still not sure why the entire color palette has to be murky grey, even in all the promotional materials.

If it follows the pattern of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then that's likely to be the highlighted color tone of the film. Look back on the promotional material of Begins with all the brown, and TDK with all the blue, which were very much present in their respective films.

When I first saw it, I couldn't make out who was in the hospital bed or what was being said. Between the Phantom Menace-esque taglines, recall to Batman Begins, imagery of Gotham crumbling, Gordon/Bruce exchange, tuba synth-esque noise at the end. I'm sold.

One thing's for sure, Nolan loves having characters whisper philosophical ideas to one another.

I can hold out another 24 hours to see it in theaters at Deathly Hallows tomorrow night. Must be strong!!

Can't wait to see Catwoman! Hope it's soon. Wish they had a little something from her in the teaser.

I loved how this harkened back to Begins, and you could tell that the majority of the audience in my theater were amongst those that tink TDKR is a part 2, not a part 3 and didn't understand what they were watching until the logo came up. I also knew all week it was going to play, I did not expect them to have it be the first trailer they played.

I doubt it'll be like the fight at the docks in Batman Begins.

The fights/action pieces in Inception were all clear and pretty cool, at least to me, so hopefully that's a harbinger of things to come.

I doubt it'll be like the fight at the docks in Batman Begins.

The fights/action pieces in Inception were all clear and pretty cool, at least to me, so hopefully that's a harbinger of things to come.

The best-handled action sequence in any of Nolan's work was the anti-grav hotel fight between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and That Other Guy. The geography was clear, there wasn't a need to cut every time a blow landed. Hell, even the hand-to-hand fighting bit in the Chinese building in TDK felt pretty crisp.

His car chase choreography is still a little too chaotic for my tastes, though I'm all for trains blowing through busy streets.

I loved the lower Wacker car chase, actually. From start to finish, even if the cops of Gotham City came off as a bunch of whiny, panicky fools.

The anti-grav fight was aces. So was the Bronson-Bane/Bond shit at the end of Inception.

I loved the lower Wacker car chase, actually. From start to finish, even if the cops of Gotham City came off as a bunch of whiny, panicky fools.

The anti-grav fight was aces. So was the Bronson-Bane/Bond shit at the end of Inception.

I really dig that chase, too, though it gets muddled in the tunnel bit.

Good lord. I'm so excited for Shinzon to lay a beatdown on Batman. That last shot in the teaser has me pumped.

Back
Top Bottom