What Makes A Good Mother? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #46
New Yorker
Local Time: 12:42 PM
I didn't give up my Chitown tickets, but I am missing the U2Midwest party to stay with my mom for mothers day.

You can only try to be a good mother, no one is perfect. My son knows I love him unconditionally and that counts the most.

Great post BAW.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Originally posted by U2Kitten
"Nice little Mother's Day threads" don't list criteria of what is and is not a good mother, only positive things. Blame me if you want, it was not nice from the beginning- which is why I took exception to it.
This thread idea seems harmless to me. The poster asked for people to post positive things that they personally think makes a good mother. This thread has just turned nasty and negative, it wasn't from the beginning.

Can't people just post their gripe(s) and then leave instead of drawing people into a huge debate and getting at each others throats? It just forces perfectly fine threads to be closed and leaves a nasty atmosphere.

My Mum (and my Dad) did everything they could for me, they've always supported me and I know that they'll never let me down. I have always been shown lots of love. They've taught me right from wrong. I was spoilt but I wasn't allowed to get away with everything and if I stepped out of line I was punished and I really learnt my lesson. Now, I am an adult and they have given me, and still do, as much advice and guidance as I need but leave me to follow my own path in life. I know that my Mum will always love me despite any of my shortcomings. If I ever have children I hope I could provide the same unconditional love, support and knowledge that my Mum has given to us.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Well it started out a great thread. It's interesting how certain individuals can always make a nice innocent thread something not worth coming into anymore.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #49
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Jiminy Crickets, U2kitten, other than my "cross" remark, my original "what makes a good mom" opinions were not aimed at you. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person, but you have one of the biggest martyr complexes I have ever come across. Guess what? My life hasn't exactly been a bowl of cherries lately, either. Remember, I was mugged and beaten only two months ago. I have huge medical bills to pay. I owe 50K in student loans. And I was passed over for a job by someone who talks like a valley girl and wears her hair in pig tails.

And if it takes a village to raise a child, this villager is definitely going to speak her piece, childfree or not!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #50
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 09:42 AM

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Okay I'm leaving now.
Why even bother saying this?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #51
War Child
Local Time: 02:42 AM
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Well it started out a great thread. It's interesting how certain individuals can always make a nice innocent thread something not worth coming into anymore.
You are so right.....and I'm pretty new to Interference. I have noticed that when some of the threads are aimed at being fun and entertaining (such as this one)....there's always somebody who gets bent over nothing and ruins it. Why is that????
Old 05-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:42 PM
wow...when I saw the title of this thread I had no idea people were tearing each others throats out in here.....

U2kitten...were you not breastfed long enough?
I kid, I kid.

the best thing my mom ever did for me was leave, but my dad did a good job at being my mom too
And he was always proud of me in whatever I was doing. I think thats important in a mom.
Am I allowed to have an opinion if Im only 19 and not a mother yet?
Sorry. Im probably not contributing to the friendly atmosphere of the thread