US 2008 Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread - Part 9 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:00 AM

Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #302
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
McCain invoked "September 11th" in his postponement announcement .

I tell you, he's just reeking of desperation...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #303
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:00 AM
When FYM suddenly feels more like a thread discussing hilariously inept characters in a television show than about actual politicians, you know something's wrong.

McCain-Palin is hilarious. In a sad, sad way.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #304
War Child

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Maybe McCain has been desperately trying to lose this election for the past several months. He just can't shake the 'true believers'............
Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #305
Refugee

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Well, latest Gallup poll shows McCain getting closer to Obama again, today its Obama 47% , McCain 44%. Margin of error is + or - 2 points.

Gallup Daily: Obama Maintains 3-Point Edge

Still no sign of the Obama Tsunami.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

Nice selective picking of the polls, STING.

How come you haven't posted some battleground state polls?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #307
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Every time something happens in this campaign, you claim that "McCain will come out looking better." In your theories, Obama's only chance is if nothing happens at all.

I absolutely think McCain is afraid to debate Obama. One is an orator, one is not. One has a plan, one does not. One was made to look like a fool by the women of The View, one was not. Etc.

The most important trend of this campaign is that McCain's numbers only increase when a distraction from the issues arises. Obama's numbers rise in all other cases.
And as we all know the Republican's would never use a "distraction" would they??? Oh my, never.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #308
Refugee

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Nice selective picking of the polls, STING.

How come you haven't posted some battleground state polls?
In case you haven't noticed, I ALWAYS go with the Gallup poll when it comes to national polls.

If you go back a little earlier in this thread, you'll see some poll numbers I posted for New Hampshire.

God forbid anyone post anything that is in some ways positive for McCain/Palin. Wouldn't want to upset the environment here in lefty land.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #309
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Still no sign of the Obama Tsunami.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

And yet the Obama Tsunami reference again. Which everyone has said is pointless.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #311
Refugee

i'm split between the two.

But McCain just earned major points in my book by wanting to put the 1st debate on hold to address the economic crisis. He's still a Senator. He still has a job to do. And so is Obama and Biden. And I think they need to follow suit and face this horrible economic crisis on our hands instead of bickering about who will be the next president.

I want to see work in action, not in words.

And furthermore, Obama is starting to look more like I do. I mean, he says things to the American public the same way I say things to a chick at a bar I'm trying to pick up. In other words, saying what we want to hear. He's all talk right now and I'm getting bored with it. McCain seems to be the only one doing something, even if I disagree with a lot of it.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fan101 View Post
i'm split between the two.

But McCain just earned major points in my book by wanting to put the 1st debate on hold to address the economic crisis. He's still a Senator. He still has a job to do. And so is Obama and Biden. And I think they need to follow suit and face this horrible economic crisis on our hands instead of bickering about who will be the next president.

I want to see work in action, not in words.

And furthermore, Obama is starting to look more like I do. I mean, he says things to the American public the same way I say things to a chick at a bar I'm trying to pick up. In other words, saying what we want to hear. He's all talk right now and I'm getting bored with it. McCain seems to be the only one doing something, even if I disagree with a lot of it.
A President should drop everything to focus on one issue? Really?

And what is it that McCain is "doing?"
Old 09-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #313
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
A President should drop everything to focus on one issue? Really?

And what is it that McCain is "doing?"
No dude. Neither one of them are the President yet. They are STILL Senators. They both still have current jobs to do instead making the debates and the campaign a priority.

McCain is going to be a part of this, to do his job. The Senators are meeting to discuss the bailing issue. They are Senators, are they not? Frankly I thought this would be an Obama move.

What if Obama made the first move to call off the debate and ran over? I'd still be making praises of Obama, but the Obama lovers would be thinking he's a genius because he's facing important issues instead of some campaigning or a debate. Doing their job is more important to me than talking about who would do a better job if they got promoted.

Neither one of them is President, and they both still have an obligation to play role as Senator while they are still Senator.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #314
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
No dude. Neither one of them are the President yet. They are STILL Senators. They both still have current jobs to do instead making the debates and the campaign a priority.
McCain has been absent from votes more than any other senator, so pardon me if I'm not exactly buying this line that he's merely honoring his commitments as a senator. All of a sudden he's found the resolve to go in and fix Washington, only a little more than a month before the Presidential election that he just happens to have a vested interest in?

Come on. This is no altruistic act on McCain's part, nor is it a move to make an actual difference. It's a cheap political trick.

It is entirely possible to be able to face tough issues and still hold a campaign. It's called multi-tasking. I would hope a potential President of the United States of America would be able to handle more than one important matter at a time.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #315
Refugee

Quote:

McCain is going to be a part of this, to do his job. The Senators are meeting to discuss the bailing issue. They are Senators, are they not? Frankly I thought this would be an Obama move.

What if Obama made the first move to call off the debate and ran over? I'd still be making praises of Obama, but the Obama lovers would be thinking he's a genius because he's facing important issues instead of some campaigning or a debate. Doing their job is more important to me than talking about who would do a better job if they got promoted.

Neither one of them is President, and they both still have an obligation to play role as Senator while they are still Senator.
You hit the nail on the head!!!
If Obama was the one to call for a delay in the debates and sound the "let's all go to Washington and fix this thing" mantra then all of the totally partisan folks in here would be crying "GENIUS"...this is what bothers me about the left and the right. I really wish the people of the United States (and Canada for that matter) would give Independent candidates more of a chance - or, maybe I should say I wish there were better Independent candidates instead of nincompoops like Nader and Barr.